Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504962 times)

sin2beta

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #765 on: November 10, 2013, 08:59:36 pm »
I've been playing After Burner (SMS and 32X) and watching Top Gun. Awesome times! The Master System version is not as bad as people say. People say it is too jerky to dodge missiles. I think the trick to all versions of After Burner is to watch the enemy patterns and move accordingly. The game is very easy that way. Except the boss fights. The last boss especially... I don't even know... have not found a pattern.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

htimreimer

« Reply #766 on: November 12, 2013, 01:10:35 am »
i started playing bionicle heroes and my first impression of this game is OH GOD MY EYES, THE BLOOM, IT BERNS   

« Reply #767 on: November 12, 2013, 08:25:18 am »
I've been trying out Sega's iOS fantasy-brawler-RPG-thingy Gentou Senki Griffon - it's pretty good so far!

tripredacus

« Reply #768 on: November 12, 2013, 04:38:26 pm »
Going for complete in Skyrim.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #769 on: November 12, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »

I did it in Oblivion, including the expansions.

But you can't in Skyrim. Well, I couldn't at least.

Certain glitches mess with certain achievements. One in particular involved shooting this sunlight-bow (from the vampire missions) and unleashing it's power a certain way. But when I went back to get the bow back from where I left it, it was simply gone.

Another one involved the Civil War. Apparently it was supposed to report that I had killed the king in Windhelm. But it just wasn't registering that I had. He was dead. The storyline continued as if he was dead. His body was still on the floor of the throne room. But it just wasn't giving the okay that I had done it.

tripredacus

« Reply #770 on: November 13, 2013, 03:19:52 pm »

But you can't in Skyrim. Well, I couldn't at least.

Certain glitches mess with certain achievements. One in particular involved shooting this sunlight-bow (from the vampire missions) and unleashing it's power a certain way. But when I went back to get the bow back from where I left it, it was simply gone.

Another one involved the Civil War. Apparently it was supposed to report that I had killed the king in Windhelm. But it just wasn't registering that I had. He was dead. The storyline continued as if he was dead. His body was still on the floor of the throne room. But it just wasn't giving the okay that I had done it.

I'm not worried about having to start over for some quests.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #771 on: November 14, 2013, 09:25:24 pm »
I'm playing through Chrono Trigger again on the DS. This is such a good game.

« Reply #772 on: November 14, 2013, 09:56:08 pm »
Im playing God of War 2, Madworld, just beat Bioshock infinite, don't know why it took me so long, what a fantastic game though and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #773 on: November 17, 2013, 12:55:48 am »
I started playing WoW again like an idiot....

foxhack

« Reply #774 on: November 17, 2013, 11:05:15 am »
Final Fantasy VII (PS1).

I've been making fun of the fanboys who keep saying it's DA BEST AR PEE GEE EVAAAAAAAAAAAAH for years but I figured I'd better actually play and finish the game before the year ends.

So far? Damn this game is fucked up.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #775 on: November 17, 2013, 11:54:43 am »
Final Fantasy VII (PS1).

I've been making fun of the fanboys who keep saying it's DA BEST AR PEE GEE EVAAAAAAAAAAAAH for years but I figured I'd better actually play and finish the game before the year ends.

Yeah.

I didn't play the game until many years after it came out, either -and- IMO...I found it to be highly over-rated.

Then again...had I played it when it released (with the games & tech of the time); maybe I'd have thought a lot more of it.

Don't get me wrong - I didn't hate it & I wouldn't say that it sucks ass and/or balls, or anything  :o

To me it's ~ a 6.5/10 game = above average -but- nothing incredible, amazing, or worthy of its PR  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jobocan

« Reply #776 on: November 17, 2013, 02:14:52 pm »
Don't get me wrong - I didn't hate it & I wouldn't say that it sucks ass and/or balls, or anything  :o

To me it's ~ a 6.5/10 game = above average -but- nothing incredible, amazing, or worthy of its PR  8)

Yeah, FF7 is really good, but it's not the messiah of gaming people tend to treat it like. To me it felt, gameplay-wise, like a big step down from 6, and the story didn't have as many memorable moments and characters either.

desocietas

« Reply #777 on: November 17, 2013, 09:12:49 pm »
Final Fantasy VII (PS1).

I actually haven't played VII either yet, but I remember thinking 'damn this game is fucked up' about one of the Dragon Quest games on the DS.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:14:33 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #778 on: November 17, 2013, 10:09:12 pm »
I actually haven't played VII either yet, but I remember thinking 'damn this game is fucked up' about one of the Dragon Quest games on the DS.

Oh, don't get me wrong. The fighting system and whatnot are perfectly serviceable.

What's happened so far in the story is what's made me go "damn this game is fucked up." For reference to those who have played the game: I'm in the area where you meet Hojo. I haven't left the area yet.

desocietas

« Reply #779 on: November 17, 2013, 10:47:45 pm »

Oh, don't get me wrong. The fighting system and whatnot are perfectly serviceable.

What's happened so far in the story is what's made me go "damn this game is fucked up." For reference to those who have played the game: I'm in the area where you meet Hojo. I haven't left the area yet.

Oh, that's what I thought you meant.  That the story was messed up.  I can't recall which DQ it was at the moment, but I remember there was all sorts of murder and such.  Unexpected when the character designs are so damn cute.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas