Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513744 times)

scott

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #930 on: February 20, 2014, 04:42:49 pm »
Putting Skyrim on pause for the time being. Tonight - Monday is an all Castlevania weekend!

Awesome.  :)  I'm working on clearing my currently playing queue before next Tuesday, because whatever I haven't finished by then will get shelved while I play LoS2! :D 

Ya, I haven't even downloaded the Demo of LoS2, I want it to be as fresh and new as possible. I'm really debating on just running through the chapters at full power (since I've beaten in 3 times already), or start over from scratch. Since the story repeats on every chapter as normal I think the full power run will be better.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #931 on: February 20, 2014, 05:07:20 pm »
I haven't played the demo either, for the same reason.  I was talking to a buddy of mine last night who's also picking it up next week, and he said if I ever have any doubt between now & Tues. about getting it day-1 to play the demo.  ;)  I told him he didn't have to worry about that. 

I need to pick LoS back up.  I traded mine in (just the disk, still have the CE case & extras) last year when they announced the bundle.  Then I found out that Mirror of Fate isn't on the disk, it's just a pack-in code.  :(  So I'm torn between just picking up the original game or going ahead & grabbing the bundle. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #932 on: February 20, 2014, 05:27:43 pm »
Ya I was disappointed that they didn't put mirror of fate on disc. Which is why I've yet to pick up the collection. I'll get it eventually tho, it needs to fill its place in the shrine.

argyle

« Reply #933 on: February 20, 2014, 05:59:13 pm »
I'm leaning towards just picking the standard version back up & then grabbing MoF off of PSN at some point (I played the 3DS version of it last year so I'm in no big rush to play it again).  I like the artwork on the original case better anyway. 

Disappointed that we didn't get the CE of LoS2 that they are putting out in the UK.  But have you seen this artbook?  I'm very tempted to grab it:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Castlevania-Lords-Shadow/dp/1781168954/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392937137&sr=8-1&keywords=lords+of+shadow+2+guide
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

scott

« Reply #934 on: February 20, 2014, 06:12:13 pm »
Oh ya. I have it all preordered, I couldn't pass it up. I'm kinda obsessed with Castlevania...

argyle

« Reply #935 on: February 20, 2014, 08:13:22 pm »
Yep...I'm jealous alright. :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #936 on: February 20, 2014, 08:23:51 pm »
Just out of curiousity: Is it just Castlevania, or do you like vampire stuff in general?

scott

« Reply #937 on: February 20, 2014, 08:47:07 pm »
I've always like Dracula/ Vlad Tepes related stuff. I've read up on a lot of things involving Vlad and the history of Bram Stoker writing his novel. I don't really get into a lot of the other vampire things... I did think the Interview with a Vampire movie was pretty cool though. Not read any of those books, but have always wanted to.  Basically I find Dracula intriguing because Stoker took a historical figure and morphed him into one of the most recognizable villains in fiction of all time. To the point where people now-a-days don't know what's true and what's story telling.

But Castlevania is pretty big for me because one of my favorite games to borrow from my cousin's collection of NES carts was Dracula's Curse. Then there's the whole mythology across the series that I really get into. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #938 on: February 20, 2014, 08:55:37 pm »
Cool.

I grew up on a lot of Dracula films (among other horror stuff). My dad was old-school geek. Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee, Francis Ford Coppola; all staples of my childhood.

scott

« Reply #939 on: February 20, 2014, 09:08:46 pm »
Ya!

As soon as I saw Nosferatu was on Netflix a few years back. I instantly had to watch it... for a 90 some year old silent movie, it's still really good.

« Reply #940 on: February 20, 2014, 09:55:12 pm »
Scott did you watch the show Dracula on NBC.

scott

« Reply #941 on: February 20, 2014, 09:57:47 pm »
Nope, never even heard of it... I don't usually watch television. >_>

argyle

« Reply #942 on: February 20, 2014, 10:30:49 pm »
Ya!

As soon as I saw Nosferatu was on Netflix a few years back. I instantly had to watch it... for a 90 some year old silent movie, it's still really good.

My wife loves that movie, she watches it whenever she has trouble sleeping.  True story!  :D

scott

« Reply #943 on: February 21, 2014, 12:41:29 am »
That's funny. I was actually kinda creeped out by it the first time. Count Orloc is one ugly bastard.

argyle

« Reply #944 on: February 21, 2014, 03:18:09 am »
She's corrected me.  She's seen & enjoys both, but Vampir is the one she watches all the time.  We're the opposite of most couples, she loves horror movies (not slasher-gory movies but what I'd call "true" horror movies) and I can't stand them.  Meanwhile, I love horror games and she doesn't.  :P