Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504938 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1005 on: March 29, 2014, 08:35:51 pm »

I tried out Zombie Revenge on Dreamcast today, which I picked up at Goodwill recently. And dang, what a freaking fun game! I played 3-4 games of it, all continues allowed. Couldn't beat it, but I'm sure with a little memorization and few more play-throughs I can do better.

Someone once told me it was a 3D fighter, and so I stayed away. Apparently that person doesn't know the different between a beat-em up and a fighter. So much Sega style squeezed into this, and pretty impressive looking for a Dreamcast game. Don't pass this one up if you have a Dreamcast, it's a MUST-HAVE Dreamcast game; and it's cheap to boot!

That inspired an entire Dreamcast playing session today. I also played these games and had a blast today:

-House of the Dead 2
-Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of the Super-Heroes
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
-Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

And I have this one waiting to play which requires a little more time and input; after I take this little break:

And coincidently enough, I just saw today on CGR's website that it's Sega Dreamcast Week on Classic Game Room! How appropriate.

Sega Dreamcast Week on CGR

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1006 on: March 29, 2014, 08:42:56 pm »

And I have this one waiting to play which requires a little more time and input; after I take this little break:

probably some of my favorite bad voice acting ever*

*in a video game
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:46:35 pm by redblaze57 »

bobster

« Reply #1007 on: March 29, 2014, 10:36:41 pm »

I tried out Zombie Revenge on Dreamcast today, which I picked up at Goodwill recently. And dang, what a freaking fun game! I played 3-4 games of it, all continues allowed. Couldn't beat it, but I'm sure with a little memorization and few more play-throughs I can do better.

Someone once told me it was a 3D fighter, and so I stayed away. Apparently that person doesn't know the different between a beat-em up and a fighter. So much Sega style squeezed into this, and pretty impressive looking for a Dreamcast game. Don't pass this one up if you have a Dreamcast, it's a MUST-HAVE Dreamcast game; and it's cheap to boot!

That inspired an entire Dreamcast playing session today. I also played these games and had a blast today:

-House of the Dead 2
-Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of the Super-Heroes
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
-Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

And coincidently enough, I just saw today on CGR's website that it's Sega Dreamcast Week on Classic Game Room! How appropriate.

Sega Dreamcast Week on CGR
Zombie Revenge is a good time! I'm sure you know that it's actually in the same universe as house of the dead. I haven't beaten it either :(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #1008 on: March 29, 2014, 11:14:37 pm »
Loved Zombie Revenge back in the day - "Look for the man with the GOLD EYE!"   ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #1009 on: March 30, 2014, 01:43:21 pm »
I started (and almost finished) Attack of the Friday Monsters yesterday, and man it's awesome :) It's really laid-back, the ambience is great, the characters are appealing, the story is simple but fun. I couldn't put it down, until I was forced to (which is the only reason I haven't finished it in one sitting)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1010 on: March 30, 2014, 03:45:10 pm »
Zombie Revenge is a good time! I'm sure you know that it's actually in the same universe as house of the dead. I haven't beaten it either :(

I didn't know that. But the entire time I was playing it I was thinking it had a very similar style to House of the Dead with the voice-acting, similar monsters, and the fact you were playing as special agents.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1011 on: March 30, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »
Tried out the demo for Loren The Amazon Princess.  Pretty decent for a game but for a $25 digital-only game with soundtrack...  I'll at least keep an eye when it goes on sale.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

pacpix

« Reply #1012 on: March 30, 2014, 05:12:26 pm »
I googled Star Wars Battlefront II mods last weekend and downloaded a lot of them.  Basically the only game I have been playing since ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

tripredacus

« Reply #1013 on: March 31, 2014, 03:16:30 pm »
I got the Space Victory as England in Civ 5.

anruiukimi

« Reply #1014 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:16 pm »
I got the Space Victory as England in Civ 5.

Whoohoo! Always good. :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1015 on: March 31, 2014, 04:23:18 pm »
I googled Star Wars Battlefront II mods last weekend and downloaded a lot of them.  Basically the only game I have been playing since ha.

My copies are console copies, so no can do for me. But the Battlefront games are my favorite Star Wars games. So much fun!

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1016 on: March 31, 2014, 06:08:13 pm »
Still playing DW8XL complete....  I thought I'd have moved on to Dark Souls 2, but as it turns out ambition mode got a significant addition in the XL as well so it looks like I'm locked down for a while....

« Reply #1017 on: March 31, 2014, 06:47:52 pm »
Played MGS: Grounds Zeroes last night.  Glad I only rented it from Redbox as it was pretty much what I heard and expected lol I do like the gameplay changes and how the game actually doesn't feel really that clunky anymore.  Stuff I thought was gonna be terrible like the refilling health and Sutherland voice wasn't so bad.  Overall it has me very excited for the game and really hoping it gets a PC release as Kojima showed interest in it.

foxhack

« Reply #1018 on: March 31, 2014, 06:53:31 pm »
A friend of mine gifted me a copy of Gigantic Army on Steam.

But what is Gigantic Army...?

Well, remember Cybernator on the SNES? That's it. That's the game. This is a clone of Cybernator developed by an indie dev in Japan. It's AMAZING. Sadly there's not much in the story department, but the graphics are pretty decent, the music is good, and it controls like a dream.

It's also HARD but not throw your pad at the floor hard. Enemies -telegraph- their attacks because they're friggin MECHS, they're slow and bulky and if you get hit it's your own fault. My only issue is the stupid time limit in stages. Have a trailer:

I really recommend getting this on a sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1019 on: March 31, 2014, 06:55:49 pm »
About to start this bad-boy, just showed up in the mail today! 8)