Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 511549 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1020 on: March 31, 2014, 07:50:29 pm »
I googled Star Wars Battlefront II mods last weekend and downloaded a lot of them.  Basically the only game I have been playing since ha.

My copies are console copies, so no can do for me. But the Battlefront games are my favorite Star Wars games. So much fun!

like wise

argyle

« Reply #1021 on: March 31, 2014, 10:48:50 pm »
Played MGS: Grounds Zeroes last night.  Glad I only rented it from Redbox as it was pretty much what I heard and expected lol I do like the gameplay changes and how the game actually doesn't feel really that clunky anymore.  Stuff I thought was gonna be terrible like the refilling health and Sutherland voice wasn't so bad.  Overall it has me very excited for the game and really hoping it gets a PC release as Kojima showed interest in it.

I think MGS fans kinda did this to themselves.  It was well known that most people bought Zone of the Enders just for the MGS2 demo.  I think they finally just figured "Why bother with the pretext?  Just sell the demo straight out."
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1022 on: April 01, 2014, 02:49:48 am »
Played MGS: Grounds Zeroes last night.  Glad I only rented it from Redbox as it was pretty much what I heard and expected lol I do like the gameplay changes and how the game actually doesn't feel really that clunky anymore.  Stuff I thought was gonna be terrible like the refilling health and Sutherland voice wasn't so bad.  Overall it has me very excited for the game and really hoping it gets a PC release as Kojima showed interest in it.

I think MGS fans kinda did this to themselves.  It was well known that most people bought Zone of the Enders just for the MGS2 demo.  I think they finally just figured "Why bother with the pretext?  Just sell the demo straight out."

Pretty much.  This is obviously like a tutorial level in Phantom Pain that they slapped extra content onto so they could sell it.  If they just released the main section as is, it's basically a demo or at the very most a 5 dollar digital buy for fans to wet their beaks and see what new ideas the Phantom Pain will bring.  I'm not someone that wants to play on every difficulty perfectly, to gather every single item unless it gives me something really cool, and do essentially challenge maps, so 30 bucks for it is ridiculous.

I will give them that the intro for this is kind amazing and I wish I had a PS4 to see it in the best quality, because it's this really awesome, no cut, shot that has to be like 5 minutes long that follows the bad guy, you get a little story, a little intrigue, and then basically seamlessly merges with you as Snake and it was incredibly well done.  Looking up the intro on Youtube, it is actually nearly 10 minutes long.  I was totally into this entire scene.

90snostalga

« Reply #1023 on: April 01, 2014, 02:40:10 pm »
Donkey Kong Country for the Super Nintendo!   :) :) :) :)

pacpix

« Reply #1024 on: April 01, 2014, 03:05:11 pm »
Nice! Are you planning on doing a 101% run or just playing through the levels?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1025 on: April 01, 2014, 04:03:21 pm »

Nice! One of the best on the SNES. I just completed my DKC series collection with my recent acquisition of DKC 3: Dixie's Double Trouble on SNES. (Well, I don't have Donkey Kong 64 yet, but does that count as part of the DKC series?)

pacpix

« Reply #1026 on: April 01, 2014, 04:11:33 pm »

Nice! One of the best on the SNES. I just completed my DKC series collection with my recent acquisition of DKC 3: Dixie's Double Trouble on SNES. (Well, I don't have Donkey Kong 64 yet, but does that count as part of the DKC series?)
No Donkey Kong 64 is a separate game from the rest of the DKC series.

blipcs76

« Reply #1027 on: April 01, 2014, 04:37:06 pm »
Nearly finished up with Zombi U.  I've loved it from beginning to end, however my wife stepped between me and the TV last time I played and I got double hammered by zombies (and if you're not ready, any zombie is a potential one-hit kill).  It's right at the end of the game, so it throws way more zombies than normal at you and my character that died had all my good items on them and I can't really reach them now (when you die, your new character has to track down your zombiefied old character and kill them to get your gear back).  So I have to figure out how to get through the end of the game with essentially just my starting weapons.  Gonna be fun...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1028 on: April 01, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »
Still (lovingly lost in nostalgia nation as I'm) playing the FFX & X-2 HD games on my PS3  ;D

LMAO!

Just had my 1st "game over" in it  :o

I was in the Calm Lands, capturing me some monsters when...the long-time bane of FF players everywhere, decided to raise his ugly-ass self and his/her(?!) Breath was soooooo Bad ==> that it caused confusion on all 3 of my active party members (btw - I'm personally, atm at least, partial to rolling with Rikku, Tidus, and Wakka); and (*ONLY* because I'd saved a few minutes earlier:) hilarity ensued as my party members killed each other off...until Tidus - the last one standing, killed himself  8)

And...O.M.G.!   :)

As an American (thus, never having had access to the "International version" before) ==>

==>There's just SO MUCH freakin' new content that I could very easily see (the 2 games + extras) taking Months (instead of weeks) to do everything  :P

Value for price paid?

Win, win, win, and...WIN!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #1029 on: April 01, 2014, 07:14:30 pm »
Nice! Are you planning on doing a 101% run or just playing through the levels?

I plan on doing the full complete game.  If I keep trying over and over and get too frustrated, then I will just play the levels to and beat the final level and be done. 

foxhack

« Reply #1030 on: April 01, 2014, 11:51:26 pm »
I'm playing Goat Simulator.

Yes, really.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1031 on: April 02, 2014, 02:32:32 am »

Yes, really.

I'm actually quite interested in picking it up....  Do you think it was worth it so far~?

pacpix

« Reply #1032 on: April 02, 2014, 02:44:19 am »

Yes, really.
I have also been playing this today.  Having a lot of fun with it so far.

« Reply #1033 on: April 02, 2014, 11:25:00 am »
Been playing it since last Tuesday every free minute i have:

:)

foxhack

« Reply #1034 on: April 02, 2014, 11:47:44 am »

Yes, really.

I'm actually quite interested in picking it up....  Do you think it was worth it so far~?

It's pretty stupid, and it also seems to need a machine that's a lot faster than mine. It's certainly entertaining but since it uses Unreal Engine 3 and PhysX, my system can barely handle it at this point in its development.