Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504999 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1155 on: May 10, 2014, 04:35:36 pm »
I'm mostly playing Megaman ZX and Worms Armageddon, but sometimes I also play Mass Effect and Dark Souls.

Megaman ZX is  hard. I find Dark Souls easier...

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1156 on: May 10, 2014, 09:33:55 pm »
As of last night I started Witch and the hundred knight. The initial tutorial is pretty long but neat and the game seems like its going to be awesome. For example, the first weapon you get is literally called "Dumbass long sword". :)
I read a review on Kotaku's TAY section and it really piqued my interest. I'd be interested to know how you feel after a while into the game.

I'm probably going to get shanked for this, but I played Witch and the Hundred Knight for reviewing purposes and was sorely disappointed. I thought it was quite repetitive and had one of the most unlikeable protagonists I've seen in recent memory. It'll have fans, but I thought it was a major step down from other NipponIchi games.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1157 on: May 11, 2014, 07:29:56 am »
No reason to get shanked/worry about having an opinion doc   ;)

can we read your reviews somewhere?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #1158 on: May 11, 2014, 09:57:05 am »

Seconded! Thanks for the candid thoughts on it :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1159 on: May 11, 2014, 01:19:34 pm »

I know. Just being my usual overdramatic self. :P

The review was actually ghostwritten. I signed a contract saying I would never claim it as my own work, I'm afraid. (Certainly not complaining, though. That gig paid for some Siren swag. ;D)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1160 on: May 12, 2014, 12:40:49 am »

I know. Just being my usual overdramatic self. :P

The review was actually ghostwritten. I signed a contract saying I would never claim it as my own work, I'm afraid. (Certainly not complaining, though. That gig paid for some Siren swag. ;D)

Nice. Give provocative reviews that I'm not allowed to take credit for. And get paid for it. I want that gig. :)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1161 on: May 12, 2014, 01:36:11 am »

Nice. Give provocative reviews that I'm not allowed to take credit for. And get paid for it. I want that gig. :)

I'm not gonna lie, it it a pretty sweet gig, but it took a lot of work and patience to get there, and it isn't enough to replace my day job. I'm also very fortunate because that particular client is pretty much the nicest guy on the face of the planet. I've met some really entitled pieces of work while freelancing. Expecting to pay $15 for a 5,000-word article? Pffffft.

/no one cares about your life dr. laudanum goddamn

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1162 on: May 12, 2014, 03:46:04 am »

I'm not gonna lie, it it a pretty sweet gig, but it took a lot of work and patience to get there, and it isn't enough to replace my day job. I'm also very fortunate because that particular client is pretty much the nicest guy on the face of the planet. I've met some really entitled pieces of work while freelancing. Expecting to pay $15 for a 5,000-word article? Pffffft.

/no one cares about your life dr. laudanum goddamn

I've run into the same thing but with video. Folks wanting a Hollywood production for $50.

« Reply #1163 on: May 12, 2014, 04:36:13 am »
After getting absolutely frustrated by Trials Fusions with it's last maps, I went and bought Trials Evolution and am now back to generally enjoying the games lol It's some good fun with some nice challenge to it and I feel I like it more than Fusions.  Maybe it's the style, I kinda hate all the slick future stuff of that game, Evolutions is more dirty, it's lots of junk and it seems like there is more wildness put into it, more of a rock vibe.  Both are pretty solid, but like the last area or two, not including the Extreme maps, in Fusions are infuriating more than they are fun and I don't enjoy that.  I haven't wanted to snap a controller more than I have with that game lol

brunauss

« Reply #1164 on: May 12, 2014, 03:10:10 pm »
ModNation Racers. Its one of two reasons why I have been absent from the forum over the last 2 months. The other is lack of stuff that interested me for the time *chuckles*
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

foxhack

« Reply #1165 on: May 12, 2014, 03:56:05 pm »
Trying to decide if I should install Deadly Premonition or Dark Souls.

argyle

« Reply #1166 on: May 12, 2014, 03:59:24 pm »

There's a lot of pain & suffering in both of those choices.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1167 on: May 12, 2014, 05:19:06 pm »

It's your call: endless frustration with dragons, or endless frustration with an escaped mental patient masquerading as an FBI agent to the accompaniment of freakishly loud kazoo bands?

The choice is yours, Zach.

Seriously though, Deadly Premonition is one of the best games I have ever had the privilege of playing. Every second of it is undiluted insanity, and it has a surprisingly heartfelt plot and characters buried somewhere beneath the many layers off batshit. Francis York Morgan is one of the best video game protagonists ever.

foxhack

« Reply #1168 on: May 12, 2014, 05:22:31 pm »

Did you just spoil Deadly Premonition?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1169 on: May 12, 2014, 08:12:37 pm »

and