Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504925 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1185 on: May 13, 2014, 03:55:46 pm »
Ecclesia can be brutal, originally the first time I played it it put me off. But I went back to it a month later and stuck with it. It's a pretty great game.

If Castlevania-master Scott is saying it's brutal, it must be freaking unforgivable!

disgaeniac declares that this..."Scott"...character should, from this point forth, be known as:

(the) Castlevaniac8)

Ha! Nice name. :)

Indeed!

(if not the most *original* one:)  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1186 on: May 13, 2014, 07:26:08 pm »
Hey, I admit to being pretty much clueless about release timings on the DS, since I all but ignored the system until it was no longer a "thing".  :P  So who knows where I got that info. 

I may go back to Ecclesia at some point, but Portrait seems to be much more my thing right now.  Honestly, Ecclesia feels more like the old traditional linear Castlevania's - it's not strictly linear, but it is moreso than SotN from what I've played at least.  I still need to track down the GBA games, but I probably need some good info on how to spot fakes.   :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

brunauss

« Reply #1187 on: May 14, 2014, 03:26:01 pm »
Your post brings up something Ive always noticed but cant fully comprehend (maybe its cause of the way I view things). How on earth can someone play more than one game at a time? Once I start a game and get somewhat into it, its the only thing I can think about. Adding another to the mix is just unthinkable. It would screw up my daydreaming and my focus to finish.

I have played as much as 6 titles at one time LOL
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1188 on: May 14, 2014, 03:28:43 pm »
I'm playing the FFX-2 HD re-master on the PS3 -and- I've gotta' say that I'm *really* liking this new (to NA, at least) "Creature Creator" content ==>

==>It's just fucking awesome!  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #1189 on: May 16, 2014, 10:34:26 pm »
War Thunder released its tank game which is within the plane flying too, so I played it with a friend and it's...alright.  Compared to World of Tanks, it's a lot more exciting, more fast paced, you get up to three lives just as you do with planes, it's not a bad little tank fighter and it has some good mechanics.

It also has some terrible aspects, such as just horrid physics, it can be easy to get flipped over and once you do, you are stuck, no one can flip you back and you can not kill yoruself as far as I can tell.  A lot of the times it can be hard to tell where you are getting hit from and the maps are kinda bland and its hard to tell what you can bash through and what will just stop you and damage you.

World of Tanks, while infuriatingly challenging with it's tiers and such, definitely has the pedigree, they've thought a lot more out with the game and I think it was just way too soon to release tanks for War Thunder in the state it is in.  It just seems bare bones right now.  Playable, even fun at times, but it's not quite there.

spac316

« Reply #1190 on: May 17, 2014, 05:50:13 pm »
I'm getting into Borderlands 2 on 360.

argyle

« Reply #1191 on: May 17, 2014, 07:49:11 pm »
I *want* to be playing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on my new Wii U that came in the mail yesterday, but I had to call Nintendo to get them to transfer my Nintendo ID from my old Wii U to this new one (the guy was super nice, but seriously Nintendo - can't you get somewhat modern on how you handle this stuff?  ???).  The guy told me it would take 24 to 48 hours, and it hasn't happened yet so I guess I'm still waiting...  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1192 on: May 17, 2014, 09:03:17 pm »
Gamestop has a demo unit set up for Mario Kart 8 this weekend, so I got to do a few quick races today.  Now I haven't really played a Mario Kart game since Mario Kart 64, it's been a long freaking time lol I played I think a tad Double Dash at one point, but really, it's been awhile.  They had a bunch of characters to play, most of them really, you could choose different carts/bikes, different tires, and different gliders, and there were about 8 tracks.  I only played about 3 of them since I had to get going, but it's some quality fun for sure.  The game looks really good, I was playing just like I use to with drifting corners, I'm pretty stoked for this game.

I used the Wii U gamepad also as I was curious if I was gonna have to buy the Wii U classic controller for this, but I didn't really have any problems using it.  A is to go, right trigger is drift, left trigger is items, very simple and easy to play.

« Reply #1193 on: May 18, 2014, 01:48:49 am »
It's very interesting getting into a series with the sequel or later entry into the games, such as with Sega All-Stars Racing.  I've put a good 15 to 20 hours into Racing Transformed on the PC, but I wanted the earlier 360 game that came before so I could get it for Banjo-Kazooie and it's actually rather impressive how good it is.

All-Stars Racing is still a good kart game, it's colorful, fun to play, but that one very much felt like the Mario Kart clone it was kinda trying to be.  It could've used more character and map variety (They make note to have Banjo-Kazooie on the cover and with the title, but not to have a freaking stage for him? At least none that I can see? Really? We needed that THIRD Billy Hatcher map? Was Billy Hatcher even a serious thing? I had never heard of it before these games lol), but its very playable.

The differences between it and it's sequel are significant.  The transformation between vehicles in Transformed is amazing, they added a ton of customization, lots more characters and map variety, better car physics, it's a huge leap in progress and I would say a serious competitor to the likes of Mario Kart, maybe even better in a few ways than Mario Kart.

Both are good games, but not sure I'm gonna put as long of time into this one as I did Transformed.  Transformed is just a better game overall, though that one is pissing me off.  Hit an impossible wall of difficulty for getting starts to finish the last line of missions and to get my final unlocks >:C

spac316

« Reply #1194 on: May 18, 2014, 02:29:31 am »
It's very interesting getting into a series with the sequel or later entry into the games, such as with Sega All-Stars Racing.  I've put a good 15 to 20 hours into Racing Transformed on the PC, but I wanted the earlier 360 game that came before so I could get it for Banjo-Kazooie and it's actually rather impressive how good it is.

All-Stars Racing is still a good kart game, it's colorful, fun to play, but that one very much felt like the Mario Kart clone it was kinda trying to be.  It could've used more character and map variety (They make note to have Banjo-Kazooie on the cover and with the title, but not to have a freaking stage for him? At least none that I can see? Really? We needed that THIRD Billy Hatcher map? Was Billy Hatcher even a serious thing? I had never heard of it before these games lol), but its very playable.

The differences between it and it's sequel are significant.  The transformation between vehicles in Transformed is amazing, they added a ton of customization, lots more characters and map variety, better car physics, it's a huge leap in progress and I would say a serious competitor to the likes of Mario Kart, maybe even better in a few ways than Mario Kart.

Both are good games, but not sure I'm gonna put as long of time into this one as I did Transformed.  Transformed is just a better game overall, though that one is pissing me off.  Hit an impossible wall of difficulty for getting starts to finish the last line of missions and to get my final unlocks >:C
Yeah, S&ASR Transformed just makes me insane. It's hard to get anywhere when you have a dozen power ups hitting you!

« Reply #1195 on: May 18, 2014, 03:55:49 am »

Yeah, S&ASR Transformed just makes me insane. It's hard to get anywhere when you have a dozen power ups hitting you!

I just spent the last 2 hours super grinding out more stars and I managed to get that lofty 200 stars and the last two tracks unlocked.  What is the last one? Pretty much get everything to unlock it.  Screw that lol So ridiculous hard, but at least I have nearly everything unlocked.  I think the last one is nothing more than a final modifier unlock.

« Reply #1196 on: May 19, 2014, 03:08:02 pm »
Thanks to the Reaper of Souls expansion, I find myself once again completely addicted to Diablo III. Haven't done much else for the past week!

pacpix

« Reply #1197 on: May 19, 2014, 09:54:32 pm »
During the GOG Insomnia sale where I managed to miss Zork Anthology twice by a couple of minutes I picked up Blade of Darkness.  Played it all weekend instead of doing by US History project :-[, but it has been a lot of fun so far!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #1198 on: May 25, 2014, 12:10:26 am »
Resident Evil 5 (PC, with a gamepad.)

I only played Chapter 1-1 and I'm not enjoying this one bit. I skipped 4, figured I'd play 5 before GFWL dies and... just... it won't click. I'm not used to playing third action games with a gamepad.

:\

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1199 on: May 25, 2014, 12:30:49 am »
Resident Evil 5 (PC, with a gamepad.)

I only played Chapter 1-1 and I'm not enjoying this one bit. I skipped 4, figured I'd play 5 before GFWL dies and... just... it won't click. I'm not used to playing third action games with a gamepad.

:\

I played through and finished RE5 with the ps move. A very enjoyable experience. Tried the demo (before the gold edition was released) on the pad and passed it up at first.

Working on Dino Crisis (PS One) now with my boy. :)