Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514921 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1305 on: June 16, 2014, 02:23:17 am »
Mega Man III on the Retron 5.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1306 on: June 16, 2014, 02:37:29 am »

Excellent choice. Much better than that Metroid Prime rubbish.  :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1307 on: June 16, 2014, 11:59:40 am »

Are you playing Mega Man III

or Mega Man 3?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1308 on: June 16, 2014, 10:57:51 pm »

Excellent choice. Much better than that Metroid Prime rubbish.  :D

;)

BurningDoom, nes.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1309 on: June 17, 2014, 12:26:36 am »
I started playing Cave Story 3D tonight.

I'm not sure what's going on other than some Doctor fella is kidnapping dog/people things. I'm loving it do far. I thought if been playing for 15-20 min, but it ended up being an hour past this guy's bed time.

argyle

« Reply #1310 on: June 17, 2014, 08:51:21 am »
Last night I was testing the last of the recent Wii games I've picked up.  Popped in Deadly Creatures and...wow, that game is a LOT of fun!   :o  Got hooked on playing it, had to finally make myself quit so I could test out the last game.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #1311 on: June 17, 2014, 03:43:20 pm »
Batman: Arkham Origins.

Though after hearing a character call an electronic hacking device a "Pwnbox", I kinda want to burn my computer. ARGH, WHO WRITES THIS CRAP.

« Reply #1312 on: June 17, 2014, 04:53:06 pm »

Though after hearing a character call an electronic hacking device a "Pwnbox", I kinda want to burn my computer. ARGH, WHO WRITES THIS CRAP.

Actually that's not too far off. There was a NPR story about nsa monitoring and they used a device called a "PWN PlUG" to capture the data.
People that made the device
https://www.pwnieexpress.com/
Link to the article
http://www.c2meworld.com/flink/ars-technica-npr-spy/#.U6Cp2fldU6w
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up."
     Setzer  FFVI

foxhack

« Reply #1313 on: June 17, 2014, 05:21:04 pm »

Actually that's not too far off. There was a NPR story about nsa monitoring and they used a device called a "PWN PlUG" to capture the data.
Link to the article

Must... not... punch... people...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1314 on: June 18, 2014, 08:18:21 am »

Link to the article

Must... punch...more... people...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #1315 on: June 18, 2014, 08:37:04 am »
To be fair, as stupid of a name as those products are, they're actually legit security applications for "White Hat" hackers to test their systems against. Especially from inside the organization. Their products are packed with exploits and hacks for testing purposes.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #1316 on: June 18, 2014, 10:49:12 pm »
Started to play Monster Hunter on Wii U and it's alright so far just starting out.  Feel like I'm playing a PS2 port, but an alright PS2 port lol

« Reply #1317 on: June 18, 2014, 11:53:40 pm »
F-Zero Maximum Velocity (A Nintendo racing game were you actually have to decelerate.)
Dairantou Smash Brothers DX (formatted card for JPN so now to unlock everything)
RO2: Rising Storm (as always ;))

abe

« Reply #1318 on: June 20, 2014, 11:05:27 pm »
To those of you who have successfully played though Ni no Kuni, I could use some advice. How do you deal with your AI controlled party members? Ever since Esther joined my party, I've been having trouble with boss fights since the AI doesn't seem to ever bother blocking the powerful attacks bosses have. This far too often results in the demise of whoever I'm not controlling at the moment, which in turn causes me to lose a battle otherwise going quite well. Maybe I'm missing something really obvious here, but I could really use a hand. :-[ I really don't want to quit the game out of frustration, since it's pretty amazing in most other areas. (I'm loving the beautiful art and orchestral soundtrack)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #1319 on: June 20, 2014, 11:36:04 pm »
To those of you who have successfully played though Ni no Kuni, I could use some advice. How do you deal with your AI controlled party members? Ever since Esther joined my party, I've been having trouble with boss fights since the AI doesn't seem to ever bother blocking the powerful attacks bosses have. This far too often results in the demise of whoever I'm not controlling at the moment, which in turn causes me to lose a battle otherwise going quite well. Maybe I'm missing something really obvious here, but I could really use a hand. :-[ I really don't want to quit the game out of frustration, since it's pretty amazing in most other areas. (I'm loving the beautiful art and orchestral soundtrack)

The AI is definitely the weak point of that game.  However, there is a way to command all of your people at once to take up a defensive or offensive stance.  It's been almost a year & a half since I played, so I don't remember what it is, but I do remember being able to do that.

Also, there's no shame in kicking the difficulty down to easy to help compensate for the weak AI.  There's also no penalty for it, if you're going for the plat.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis