Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514950 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1365 on: July 03, 2014, 09:47:13 pm »
I'm still playing Cave Story. It just went from "a little too easy" to "Where the F do I go now?"

Which version of Cave Story are you playing?

Cave Story 3D

abe

« Reply #1366 on: July 03, 2014, 09:55:19 pm »
I'm still playing Cave Story. It just went from "a little too easy" to "Where the F do I go now?"

Cave Story 3D

Do you find you use the 3D effect often? I've personally only played the original freeware PC version and was wondering if the 3DS version was worth getting.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1367 on: July 03, 2014, 10:17:05 pm »

Cave Story 3D

Do you find you use the 3D effect often? I've personally only played the original freeware PC version and was wondering if the 3DS version was worth getting.

I rarely us 3D on my 3DS. I do on Mario Kart 7, but that's about it. I just got this because I like physical copies.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1368 on: July 04, 2014, 11:55:13 am »
I think that playing the HD versions of FFX & X-2 back to back was a bad decision as it's just too damned much FF.

I'm putting it down now (~ 3/4 of the way into X-2).

Yesterday, I tried a bit of Child of Light -but- (some of the mechanics) were *still* just too FF-ish; I'm like - seriously & completely burned-out on anything like it, at the moment...

...I'm serial  :o

So, my decision is to go with Atelier Escha + Logy next (the 2nd game in the "Dusk" series of Atelier games on the PS3).

With its equal focus on Alchemy, story, and character building/character interactions & its LACK of focus on random encounters, fighting, and grinding...I'm thinking that it'll be just the right game at just the right time  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1369 on: July 04, 2014, 12:03:46 pm »
I think that playing the HD versions of FFX & X-2 back to back was a bad decision as it's just too damned much FF.

I'm putting it down now (~ 3/4 of the way into X-2).

Yesterday, I tried a bit of Child of Light -but- (some of the mechanics) were *still* just too FF-ish; I'm like - seriously & completely burned-out on anything like it, at the moment...

...I'm serial  :o

So, my decision is to go with Atelier Escha + Logy next (the 2nd game in the "Dusk" series of Atelier games on the PS3).

With its equal focus on Alchemy, story, and character building/character interactions & its LACK of focus on random encounters, fighting, and grinding...I'm thinking that it'll be just the right game at just the right time  ;)

Danganronpa would also make a really good change of pace.  :)

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1370 on: July 04, 2014, 12:31:10 pm »
Holding-out for the TV-formerly-known-as-Vita (aka; now known as the PSTV)

for DanganRonpa (and/or any & all other Vita games) in the hopes of being able to:

a).  Play them on my TV and

b).  Play them using a DS3 / DS4 controller instead of on the handheld.

Also (Bonus Points) for the fact that - if I really do enjoy DanganRonpa...I'll be able to jump right into its sequel while everything is still fresh in my mind & w/o having to wait  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1371 on: July 04, 2014, 07:17:05 pm »
I'm not a fan of digital only games, but I'm playing 2 right now.

The first is Gotham City Impostors. It's a Call Of Duty clone with a silly Batman is missing twist. It's fun and it was free with Xbox Live Gold this month.

The second is Shovel Knight. I just started this one. I'm about 10 min in. So far, I'm digging it!  (Pun completely intended)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1372 on: July 04, 2014, 10:00:16 pm »
Started a new game of Super Metroid on all of the following:

Original SNES
Retron 5
Retro Duo Portable v2.0

Playing mostly on the Retron 5. Played it a bit on the go on the RDP. Popped it into the SNES to see if my inability to wall jump was because of lag or just (my) old age setting in.

Seemed it wasn't lag. ;)

But I have a NakiTek Game Saver Plus. So I was able to turn on (true) slow motion on my Original SNES so I could practice at half speed. Once I knew what frames to look for (I realize now the trick is to press jump slightly after pressing away from the wall) I can kind of do it now without too much swearing. :)

I think I am halfway through. I've actually never played it before. I am stuck having beat the snake in the water area. Now I have no clue where to go next and I'm avoiding cheats and walkthroughs.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:09:29 pm by dashv »

argyle

« Reply #1373 on: July 05, 2014, 12:17:09 am »
Started playing a little game called Guided Fate Paradox.  Dunno if anyone here has heard, but it's actually pretty decent!  ;) 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

foxhack

« Reply #1374 on: July 05, 2014, 06:13:20 pm »
Tried out Dark Souls 1 again... and after some mucking about with DSFix I finally got the hang of it and killed the stupid Kraid thing in the first stage. I'm now in some sort of castle place. If only the controls weren't so damn fidgety.

pacpix

« Reply #1375 on: July 06, 2014, 01:59:36 am »
Been playing Super Mario 3D World the past few days.  I am really enjoying it so far and have made it to World 8 with all of the Stamps, Stars, and Gold Flags with Luigi.  The gameplay reminds me more of a 2D Mario game rather than a 3D Mario game.  It does not have set missions like Mario 64 or Sunshine and the focus is more on the platforming aspect of the game.  One of my favorite features is the Ghost Mii data which allows me to destroy Turf when I replay a level that he has played to get the items I missed.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1376 on: July 06, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine on XBox 360

This game isn't gonna win any awards for innovations, but damn is it fun! It's bloody, it's violent, it's manly; there's guns, bombs, chainsaws, and rocket-packs. And it has a great sound-effects! If you want to blow off some steam, this is the one you want to pop into your 360.

And the environments and storyline are a little reminiscent of Halo, albeit on ultra-violent steroids; I thought at least.

90snostalga

« Reply #1377 on: July 07, 2014, 04:04:25 pm »
I cannot decide what to play next...I may go ahead and try to get Watch Dogs on PC going

90snostalga

« Reply #1378 on: July 07, 2014, 06:07:56 pm »
Watch dogs won. I'm installing it now on my lap top which is hooked up to my 55" via HDMI cable. We will see how well it works.

argyle

« Reply #1379 on: July 08, 2014, 05:29:30 am »
Was gonna try to make some progress in Fallout 3 last night, but ended up talking to a good friend for a while instead.  Will try again tonight.  ;) 

Wish I could play Guided Fate Paradox on my Vita - seems custom made for it.  I would start Sorcery Saga instead since it's a Rogue-like as well, but I don't want to burn myself out on them.