Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514863 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1470 on: July 31, 2014, 12:57:20 pm »
Definitely taking a night off from Arkham Origins tonight.  It's like a lesser version of Arkham City - basically the same gameplay but still somehow not nearly as good.  They've got the formula down of "fight room full of thugs / fight room full of thugs / fight room full of thugs / sneak around & kill room full of thugs / repeat". 

Also, I've learned that one of my pet peeves in gaming is being constantly judged in something I really don't care about.  Please, stop telling me how much I suck after every combat encounter.  That kind of stuff should be optional - if I *care* about my rating I can turn it on, otherwise I can turn it off & just, oh iunno, try to ENJOY THE GAME???  ???

I think that's the problem with the game. It's pretty much an exact clone of Arkham City, only the city looks less decrepit.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, while similar in a lot of ways, still felt like two completely different games.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1471 on: August 01, 2014, 11:43:38 pm »
Currently playing Persona 4 Arena.

Can anyone tell me if you have to lose certain fights in story mode to get different endings kinda like how you had to in Blazblue?

90snostalga

« Reply #1472 on: August 02, 2014, 12:43:08 am »
Super smash bros. Is on hold now until I get a new save battery for it. Going to play Pokemon Emerald now.

90snostalga

« Reply #1473 on: August 02, 2014, 12:52:28 am »
Super smash bros. Is on hold now until I get a new save battery for it. Going to play Pokemon Emerald now.

Well, let me not get ahead of myself. Emerald needs a new battery too. Finding something else.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1474 on: August 02, 2014, 01:32:26 am »

Well, let me not get ahead of myself. Emerald needs a new battery too. Finding something else.

The battery for Emerald is just for clock based events which as far as I remember is just mirage Island and the only real point to that place if I remember is catching wynauts (sp). It doesn't effect saving the game.

90snostalga

« Reply #1475 on: August 02, 2014, 01:34:47 am »
ZombieU in the place! Lets see if I can survive

« Reply #1476 on: August 02, 2014, 02:44:22 am »

I need to play that a little more.  Fooled around with it for a short bit when I first got my Wii U earlier this year, but never went back.

Playing wonderful 101 right now, it's pretty fun and ridiculous lol I find it a little annoying to do shapes at times in it, but overall it's a good time.

90snostalga

« Reply #1477 on: August 02, 2014, 03:01:24 am »

The battery for Emerald is just for clock based events which as far as I remember is just mirage Island and the only real point to that place if I remember is catching wynauts (sp). It doesn't effect saving the game.

thanks for that info. I may play it then. I'm going to double check the events for the battery just to be sure.

90snostalga

« Reply #1478 on: August 02, 2014, 03:02:35 am »

I need to play that a little more.  Fooled around with it for a short bit when I first got my Wii U earlier this year, but never went back.

Playing wonderful 101 right now, it's pretty fun and ridiculous lol I find it a little annoying to do shapes at times in it, but overall it's a good time.

Lol. I just died after about 15 minutes. Its very difficult

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1479 on: August 02, 2014, 02:49:11 pm »
I just started Dragon's Crown on the PS3. Wow. I think I'm really gonna dig this one. I love the art style. The controls are taking a little bit to get used to, but I'll get the hang of it. I'm less than an hour in, and I'm having a blast.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1480 on: August 02, 2014, 09:42:37 pm »
Loved that Jewel Master has a really cool ring combination system...  Only in the beginning stage and I've been enjoying the game.  Not yet completely used to the Genesis controls but definitely better than most Nintendo systems, in my opinion.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #1481 on: August 03, 2014, 12:43:26 am »
It's a shame that Little Samson did so poorly and is so rare now, because it really is a gem on the NES.  I played a rom version on a prototype HDMI NES today with it's own new modded controller (Both are fucking amazing) and it's a surprisingly good game.  It's essentially like Mega Man, but with your powers being 4 separate characters you can switch around with.  It's really good, I played up through I think two bosses and super enjoyed it.  I really want it, an official edition, but with it being so crazy expensive, that is never happening unless I'm insanely lucky lol

90snostalga

« Reply #1482 on: August 03, 2014, 02:09:16 am »
ZombieU did not do it for me now , so I'm going try out atelier rorona on the ps3 :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1483 on: August 03, 2014, 04:31:00 am »
It's a shame that Little Samson did so poorly and is so rare now, because it really is a gem on the NES.  I played a rom version on a prototype HDMI NES today with it's own new modded controller (Both are fucking amazing) and it's a surprisingly good game.  It's essentially like Mega Man, but with your powers being 4 separate characters you can switch around with.  It's really good, I played up through I think two bosses and super enjoyed it.  I really want it, an official edition, but with it being so crazy expensive, that is never happening unless I'm insanely lucky lol

I started playing Little Samson on a modded Wii once upon a time. Because it was so damn good I stopped and vowed not to play any more until I had a real cartridge. That first level was awesome.

90snostalga

« Reply #1484 on: August 03, 2014, 05:52:50 pm »
Going to add Lollipop chainsaw to my now playing list and I'm crossing my fingers that everything's all good :)