Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515341 times)

90snostalga

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1515 on: August 20, 2014, 07:58:03 am »
So I lied. Looks like its only 15 minute trial because I had it installed a while back  :( I'll just buy it when I can. I'll add Fallout 3 to my now playing list 8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1516 on: August 20, 2014, 12:55:44 pm »

Got into Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning last night. Played for hours.

It's open world, and it's not, it's kind of strange. There are lots of areas to explore and quests to do, and it is a very large land. But there are fixed routes and paths you follow to get from place-to-place still.

Very stylized graphics that almost have that dreamy lens-filter that movies did when they'd show a pretty lady or a dream or something in the 70s and 80s.

I need to play more of it to really form a solid opinion of the game, though.

foxhack

« Reply #1517 on: August 20, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »
So I lied. Looks like its only 15 minute trial because I had it installed a while back  :( I'll just buy it when I can. I'll add Fallout 3 to my now playing list 8)

There's also this...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288470/

kevininja

« Reply #1518 on: August 21, 2014, 10:38:26 am »
Currently playing Half-Life 2: Episode 1 on PS3.
Man, those Combine Zombies are scary.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:41:12 am by kevininja »

jcalder8

« Reply #1519 on: August 21, 2014, 10:44:42 pm »
I have started to play The Last of Us Remastered. I had previously only played the intro on the PS3 and it is an amazing game. I have just scratched the surface and I can't wait to explore more of the world.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1520 on: August 21, 2014, 11:13:34 pm »
Currently playing the PS3 HD remaster of the first Ratchet and Clank game.

« Reply #1521 on: August 22, 2014, 06:22:07 pm »

It's open world, and it's not, it's kind of strange. There are lots of areas to explore and quests to do, and it is a very large land. But there are fixed routes and paths you follow to get from place-to-place still.

Very stylized graphics that almost have that dreamy lens-filter that movies did when they'd show a pretty lady or a dream or something in the 70s and 80s.

i started playing this but it was too soon after dragons dogma so i wanted a different style of game.
seemed really cool thou.

90snostalga

« Reply #1522 on: August 23, 2014, 01:18:58 am »

There's also this...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288470/

Thanks. I ended up paying the Pinnacle service tonight. They have it 50 % off so its only 9.99 so its worth it

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1523 on: August 23, 2014, 04:32:36 am »
Do browser-based games count?  If so...  Last Stand: Dead Zone on Kongregate.

If not, I've been cycling on X-Men and Jewel Master on the Genesis.  Also trying to find an internet connection cord for my Dreamcast so that I could download the free extra content for Skies Of Arcadia.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

bobster

« Reply #1524 on: August 23, 2014, 06:54:49 pm »

If not, I've been cycling on X-Men and Jewel Master on the Genesis.  Also trying to find an internet connection cord for my Dreamcast so that I could download the free extra content for Skies Of Arcadia.

I had no idea about this... further down the Dreamcast rabbit hole I go...
Currently Playing: The Witcher

foxhack

« Reply #1525 on: August 23, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »

Uh. I think there are special boot discs that you can download from the internet, burn to a CD, then use those to copy the files directly to your VMU instead of going through all those hoops. I had one a while back, it was a collection of save games and themes for your system. What was its name...

pacpix

« Reply #1526 on: August 26, 2014, 12:56:13 am »
Started Wizardry IV tonight.  Took one step after starting the game and died  :o  Finished floor 1 with only 7 deaths!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1527 on: August 26, 2014, 02:36:41 am »
Played some more Tomb Raider for PS3. Pretty darn good reboot.

My wife enjoys watching me play this one.

« Reply #1528 on: August 26, 2014, 03:46:54 am »
Metro 2033 Redux.  One of my favorite games is getting an overhaul? Oh yes! So far, there have been some very nice changes to the game.  New secret areas to look for have been added, giving more new loot opportunities.  Graphically it's definitely a step up.  It runs extremely smooth, and I even had new scares which was awesome.  It is a tad sketchy at times in terms of seeing some models limbs kinda wig out once in awhile and the AI seems abit poor still, where they are looking for you after stealthing, still not knowing where you are, but then I just watch a few guys kinda freak out lol Some have a more set patrol path, but they don't search to hard.  Great so far though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1529 on: August 26, 2014, 12:20:51 pm »

Okay, so I'm officially addicted to this one, much like I was Oblivion and Skyrim. I keep finding myself playing far past my bedtime and being tired as hell the next day.