Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515605 times)

foxhack

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1875 on: February 24, 2015, 11:48:02 pm »
Did anyone get Dragonball Xenoverse? I was curious how it was.  The custom character seemed fun, especially since Voice 8 for the guys is done by Takahata from Team Four Star and it's the joke voice.  It's literally his version of Nappa being real ridiculous lol But I worry about it being another poor DBZ combat experience.

Wait a sec.

Ghost Nappa is in the game?

« Reply #1876 on: February 25, 2015, 12:27:59 am »
Wait a sec.

Ghost Nappa is in the game.

@ 17:48

abe

« Reply #1877 on: February 25, 2015, 05:36:55 am »
Wait a sec.

Ghost Nappa is in the game.

Suddenly, I really need this game.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #1878 on: February 25, 2015, 06:47:45 am »
The Order: 1886 - It's good, not amazing. Set your expectations accordingly & you'll have a good time. I'm playing it in short bursts (mainly because I've been sick since last Friday...).

Tales of Xillia 2 - Fun, but the feeling of deja vu I get from revisiting all of the same areas as the first game hurts it a bit. Not as good as the stand-alone games in the series I've played.

So I'm playing 2 "good, not amazing" games.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #1879 on: February 25, 2015, 08:10:39 am »
Tales of Xillia 2 - Fun, but the feeling of deja vu I get from revisiting all of the same areas as the first game hurts it a bit. Not as good as the stand-alone games in the series I've played.

That's one of the major complaints about Tales of Xillia 2, but I hope you stick with it because all of the new "stuff" they put into it makes the quest (and the extras) worth it. I spent a good 100 hours with that game unlocking all of the trophies and, if not for the backlog's siren song, I would have sunk in another 100 trying to make new weapons and get everyone up to level 200. ^^

I'm still going through Suikoden V and enjoying it for the most part. It feels like Konami wanted to do anything in their power to extend the game time. Long hallways, long loading times and long random battles. Still, I like the main character and the story, especially since I finally got my castle HQ.

argyle

« Reply #1880 on: February 25, 2015, 09:03:31 am »

That's one of the major complaints about Tales of Xillia 2, but I hope you stick with it because all of the new "stuff" they put into it makes the quest (and the extras) worth it. I spent a good 100 hours with that game unlocking all of the trophies and, if not for the backlog's siren song, I would have sunk in another 100 trying to make new weapons and get everyone up to level 200. ^^

Oh, definitely sticking with it, I am enjoying it. The combat system is slightly tweaked but really good, I'm a big fan of the missions and I like the cat system. It just isn't grabbing me story-wise like Vesperia, Graces or the original Xillia did.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

rancesama

« Reply #1881 on: February 25, 2015, 01:00:20 pm »
Currently playing "Bayonetta 2" and "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate"

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

« Reply #1882 on: February 25, 2015, 02:31:51 pm »
I was dead certain it wouldn't be my thing, but I've been playing Destiny all week and am totally, surprisingly in love with it. Anyone else into it?

argyle

« Reply #1883 on: February 26, 2015, 06:18:45 pm »
I had been ignoring my poor Vita for a while in favor of my 3DS, but I dusted it off last week so I could finish up Rogue Legacy in my downtime at work. So I decided to look for something else to play on it today & remembered Sorcery Saga which I had picked up last year but hadn't even opened yet. Fired it up this afternoon, and I gotta say it's fantastic so far! A true rogue-like, it has great graphics and a lot of charm. Anyone who's a fan of the genre really should pick it up.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1884 on: February 26, 2015, 07:36:27 pm »
I had been ignoring my poor Vita for a while in favor of my 3DS, but I dusted it off last week so I could finish up Rogue Legacy in my downtime at work. So I decided to look for something else to play on it today & remembered Sorcery Saga which I had picked up last year but hadn't even opened yet. Fired it up this afternoon, and I gotta say it's fantastic so far! A true rogue-like, it has great graphics and a lot of charm. Anyone who's a fan of the genre really should pick it up.

I seem to remember you & I getting our copies at close to the same times.

If you haven't read it yet -

kashy

posted a review for it on G*Faqs which caught my interest & brought to my attention - a game that had previously been off of my radar!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kevininja

« Reply #1885 on: March 01, 2015, 02:17:39 pm »
Currently playing Resident Evil: Revelations for 3DS. One more episode to go and I'm done!  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #1886 on: March 01, 2015, 02:23:48 pm »
Played a bunch of Freedom Wars and Starbound last night.

The story for Freedom Wars is pretty lackluster for me, but I really love the combat and fights against the giant mechs (and I don't even like mechs).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1887 on: March 02, 2015, 02:23:09 am »
I'm about 12 hours into Valkyria Chronicles on PC and really enjoying it, though I have a few quibbles about the game.  For one, it feels like they are trying to do a PG rated war setting and there's not a lot of great drama because of it.  I don't need blood, guts, and the horrors of war, but it just sorta feels like the game could've used abit more oomph there. 

The AI is also kinda super dumb.  Lots of times in certain situations, they are forcing themselves to their own deaths.  I mean, it made certain sections much easier, but it's a bit annoying.  I also kinda don't like how every scene is separated in the book.  You watch a cutscene, back to the book, watch a cutscene, back to the book.  Sometimes they'll blend two scenes together, but I feel like it should just be the cutscenes all together, book, then battle.  I have to wonder how bad it was on PS3 with all the loading screens, cause I'm annoyed and the loading screens are minimal on PC lol

rancesama

« Reply #1888 on: March 02, 2015, 03:02:34 pm »
Just finished playing "Bayonetta 2," best game I have played on the Wii U thus far, and now am moving on to "Akiba's Trip" on the the Vita. I will be playing mine on the PlayStation TV  :)

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1889 on: March 05, 2015, 02:47:00 am »
Been powering my way through Wind Waker for the past few days. (Original GameCube version, too poor to own the shiny HD version.) Currently in the Tower of the Gods. This isn't one of my favorite games of all time for nothing. Everything about it is just so spectacular. I actually really like the sailing element because I think it makes the world seem so big and full of secrets. There's something strangely relaxing about sailing into uncharted waters and seeing what's hidden there. (And yet I'm so terrified of water IRL that water levels genuinely make me anxious. Go figure.) I do remember that it started to drag for me after I went to Hyrule Castle for the first time, though. But those cel-shaded graphics! That cartoony art style! <3

I finally ordered Dark Souls yesterday after hmming and hawwing over it for the past year, but I'm excited to try it out. I just love games that place so much emphasis on raw adventure and exploration. Shame I'm probably definitely going to get my ass kicked five minutes in.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.