Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514866 times)

argyle

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1890 on: March 05, 2015, 09:06:51 am »
Just finished playing "Bayonetta 2," best game I have played on the Wii U thus far, and now am moving on to "Akiba's Trip" on the the Vita. I will be playing mine on the PlayStation TV  :)

Just out of curiosity, if you plan on playing it on the tv anyway why didn't you pickup the PS3 version instead?

At any rate, I've been interested in hearing some impressions of that one for a bit now so let us know what you think of it. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1891 on: March 05, 2015, 11:12:22 am »
Just finished playing "Bayonetta 2," best game I have played on the Wii U thus far, and now am moving on to "Akiba's Trip" on the the Vita. I will be playing mine on the PlayStation TV  :)

Just out of curiosity, if you plan on playing it on the tv anyway why didn't you pickup the PS4 version instead?

At any rate, I've been interested in hearing some impressions of that one for a bit now so let us know what you think of it. :)

I'd like to hear impressions/opinions of it too!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

rancesama

« Reply #1892 on: March 05, 2015, 05:59:04 pm »

Just out of curiosity, if you plan on playing it on the tv anyway why didn't you pickup the PS3 version instead?

I got it as a gift. I actually wanted the PS3 version of the game, but I was given the Vita version. If the game is available on a home console, I usually always go that route. Either way, I am happy to finally be playing it.

I'm a good 4 to 5 hours in right now. The game has charm, and lots of it. As you can probably guess, the game was developed with an Otaku person in mind. In fact, they even refer to you as an Otaku in the game. If you are into the Japanese culture, the charm of the game wont be lost on you. For example, on the big screen TV's around town, you can randomly see former live concerts of real Japanese idols. Another example is when you quick jump to a spot on the map, you are hit with random Japanese advertisements. Maybe its for a drink, maybe some food or a new club opening. Kind of odd, but its cool to see the random ads. While on the topic of ads, the developers likes to place a lot of ads for their other games around the city. Kind of a cool way to do a little self advertising.

The game has multiple endings, and you are asked to make choices on what to say pretty often. Usually you have three options. One is kind of good, one is kind of jerkish and one is pretty Otaku. For example, you get back from cleaning up the streets, they tell you to go back out and do some more fighting. Your answers could be: "Alright, I'm on it!" or "...But I Just got back, do it yourself." or "Right after I finish watching the animes I have on DVR."

The fighting is alright. Your job is to "strip" the bad guys so they are exposed to the sun. They are usually wearing something on their head, body and legs. There are three buttons that are linked to each area of the body. Triangle being head, Circle being body and X being legs. Tapping the button does a normal attack, once you weaken the clothing, you need to hold the button that is associated with the area of clothing you want to rip off. Damage lots of clothing and you can rip off multiple pieces for a chain attack. Your AI controlled character ends up getting in the way a lot. One cool features is how much customization you have over your outfit and weapon. You can customize your headgear, body and legs. You can even go as far as to customize the way you slow walk and your stripping moves.

So far I have had a lot of fun, but mostly for the humor and charm of the game. The battles are alright and the controls feel just a bit off. Also, there are LOADING screens everywhere. Walk into a store, load. Walk out, load. Walk across the street, load. You get the idea. I'll let you know what I think as I get a bit further in.

... sorry for the long post :P

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1893 on: March 05, 2015, 08:38:41 pm »
COD AW
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

jsoup

« Reply #1894 on: March 09, 2015, 05:16:29 am »
PSN was having a sale on LEGO games, went ahead and got LEGO Batman 3.
I can't help it. These LEGO games have always been reliably entertaining.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1895 on: March 09, 2015, 07:33:13 am »
Dark Souls arrived. Remember when I said it would take five minutes for me to get my face kicked in? I was wrong. It took less than two minutes for the game to stomp me into paste.

why do I like it so much
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

kashell

« Reply #1896 on: March 09, 2015, 07:58:28 am »
I finished Suikoden V and now I'll be focusing on Muramasa for the Vita. For those that haven't played it, each character has three endings. You need to view each of them while playing on Fury Mode, which is the game's highest difficulty level. I have finished the first ending for each character and I'm about to earn their second endings.

kevininja

« Reply #1897 on: March 09, 2015, 01:26:27 pm »
Currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya on my 3DS.

« Reply #1898 on: March 09, 2015, 04:25:50 pm »
PS1:

Occasionally replaying Valkyrie Profile!

PS2:

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legends

Currently trying to clear out my PS3 backlog, so on that console I am playing:

1.  L.A. Noire
2.  Tales of Graces F
3.  Final Fantasy XIII trilogy.

PS4:

Assassin's Creed Unity (disappointed so far)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:27:47 pm by kraussndhouse »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1899 on: March 10, 2015, 08:08:37 am »
just finished CoH2G

and I'm moving on to Hyperdevotion Noire :D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

doafan

« Reply #1900 on: March 10, 2015, 10:30:48 am »
Call my old but am playing again the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project but now with my little girl, started this past weekend and it's hard as hell because she still has some issues with the controller and even more hard cause she always select the first mode allows both players to hurt each other with their attacks, I do to use the special attack every time that I have only one energy bar left and instead of the enemies she kills me every damn time  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1901 on: March 10, 2015, 12:17:53 pm »
^ Ha! I never even knew you could do that in that game. That's funny. I always owned the first 2 TMNT games, but never did get a copy of #3.

argyle

« Reply #1902 on: March 11, 2015, 02:58:14 am »

I got it as a gift. I actually wanted the PS3 version of the game, but I was given the Vita version. If the game is available on a home console, I usually always go that route. Either way, I am happy to finally be playing it.

I'm a good 4 to 5 hours in right now. The game has charm, and lots of it. As you can probably guess, the game was developed with an Otaku person in mind. In fact, they even refer to you as an Otaku in the game. If you are into the Japanese culture, the charm of the game wont be lost on you. For example, on the big screen TV's around town, you can randomly see former live concerts of real Japanese idols. Another example is when you quick jump to a spot on the map, you are hit with random Japanese advertisements. Maybe its for a drink, maybe some food or a new club opening. Kind of odd, but its cool to see the random ads. While on the topic of ads, the developers likes to place a lot of ads for their other games around the city. Kind of a cool way to do a little self advertising.

The game has multiple endings, and you are asked to make choices on what to say pretty often. Usually you have three options. One is kind of good, one is kind of jerkish and one is pretty Otaku. For example, you get back from cleaning up the streets, they tell you to go back out and do some more fighting. Your answers could be: "Alright, I'm on it!" or "...But I Just got back, do it yourself." or "Right after I finish watching the animes I have on DVR."

The fighting is alright. Your job is to "strip" the bad guys so they are exposed to the sun. They are usually wearing something on their head, body and legs. There are three buttons that are linked to each area of the body. Triangle being head, Circle being body and X being legs. Tapping the button does a normal attack, once you weaken the clothing, you need to hold the button that is associated with the area of clothing you want to rip off. Damage lots of clothing and you can rip off multiple pieces for a chain attack. Your AI controlled character ends up getting in the way a lot. One cool features is how much customization you have over your outfit and weapon. You can customize your headgear, body and legs. You can even go as far as to customize the way you slow walk and your stripping moves.

So far I have had a lot of fun, but mostly for the humor and charm of the game. The battles are alright and the controls feel just a bit off. Also, there are LOADING screens everywhere. Walk into a store, load. Walk out, load. Walk across the street, load. You get the idea. I'll let you know what I think as I get a bit further in.

... sorry for the long post :P

I haven't been checking up on this thread for the past week or so, but thanks for the impressions. It sounds like the type of quirky Japanese game I'll enjoy. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

spac316

« Reply #1903 on: March 13, 2015, 03:46:00 am »
Destiny pretty much has a hold on me as of late. I do squeeze in some Smash Bros. 4  though.

« Reply #1904 on: March 15, 2015, 03:43:30 am »
Tried to play the demo for Code Name: STEAM, but I wasn't really feeling it.  Especially so after I had just got done playing Valkyria Chronicles for the first time, which is the same kind of game.  Not sure what I wasn't liking other than perhaps not watching enemies move around.  You just sorta sit there and hope they come towards you.  It seems like it has more general detail to it in comparison, more environmental things to interact with, but eh...I'll be passing on this game.  Guess I just want them to port the two Valkyria Chronicles sequels (Not to mention localize the third one) or make a new full sequel that's all pretty and with added depth lol