Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514976 times)

abe

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1935 on: April 07, 2015, 06:58:36 pm »
I'm still playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2nd on my PSP and GTA V on my PS4, but I recently started Tales of Hearts R on my Vita, and I'm liking it so far. Playing it really makes me wish there was a portable version of Tales of Symphonia for some reason. It's easy to pick up and play, but it's also really easy to play for long periods of time. Though the translation doesn't quite match up at times, I do like that the game has its original Japanese audio. As some have criticized, the dialogue seems like it was originally meant to be voiced in English before they finished, but for whatever reason they didn't end up getting English voices. I hope that we'll get Tales of Innocence R localized at some point as well.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #1936 on: April 08, 2015, 07:57:40 am »
I'm still playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2nd on my PSP and GTA V on my PS4, but I recently started Tales of Hearts R on my Vita, and I'm liking it so far. Playing it really makes me wish there was a portable version of Tales of Symphonia for some reason. It's easy to pick up and play, but it's also really easy to play for long periods of time. Though the translation doesn't quite match up at times, I do like that the game has its original Japanese audio. As some have criticized, the dialogue seems like it was originally meant to be voiced in English before they finished, but for whatever reason they didn't end up getting English voices. I hope that we'll get Tales of Innocence R localized at some point as well.

There are many things I like with this post. Let me count the ways.

1. Tales of Hearts R appreciation

2. Hope for Tales of Innocence R localization

3. Hatsune Miku playing

4. Your new avatar of Kagamine Rin, my second favorite vocaloid

rancesama

« Reply #1937 on: April 08, 2015, 05:08:53 pm »
A little over half way done with "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked." Trying to beat it before the release of SMT: Devil Survivor 2. I have always been a big fan of Persona games (so pumped for Persona 5) but purchased SMT IV when it came on the 3DS and loved it. It inspired me to go back and play other SMT games. I know the Devil Survivor games are kind of a spin-off but I LOVE grid based strategy games!

Any other SMT games I should go back and play?

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1938 on: April 08, 2015, 05:39:20 pm »
A little over half way done with "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked." Trying to beat it before the release of SMT: Devil Survivor 2. I have always been a big fan of Persona games (so pumped for Persona 5) but purchased SMT IV when it came on the 3DS and loved it. It inspired me to go back and play other SMT games. I know the Devil Survivor games are kind of a spin-off but I LOVE grid based strategy games!

I still think Nocturne is the best one story-wise, but it is rough to go back and use its demon fusing system after how convenient they've made the system to use over the past 10 years in latter games/remakes.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

abe

« Reply #1939 on: April 08, 2015, 09:59:18 pm »

There are many things I like with this post. Let me count the ways.

1. Tales of Hearts R appreciation

2. Hope for Tales of Innocence R localization

3. Hatsune Miku playing

4. Your new avatar of Kagamine Rin, my second favorite vocaloid

If Rin's your second favorite, who's your favorite? I really like MEIKO and IA. Rin and Luka aren't too far behind, though I prefer Rin over Luka. I'm excited for IA's first game coming out this summer, do you think you'll import it or hope that it might eventually get localized?

kashell

« Reply #1940 on: April 09, 2015, 12:28:32 pm »
Are you talking about Project Mirai? That's due to come out next month.

Meiko is my favorite. Her featured songs are fantastic, but I just love her overall design.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1941 on: April 09, 2015, 12:52:17 pm »

I still think Nocturne is the best one story-wise, but it is rough to go back and use its demon fusing system after how convenient they've made the system to use over the past 10 years in latter games/remakes.

Q.F.T.

IMO, you can't go wrong with Nocturne.

Personally, as much as I liked Nocturne...

...I enjoyed the Digital Devil Saga games (yeah, I still think that it could have been done as one game - my biggest/only complaint) just as much (if not a little bit more) than Nocturne.

In fact, IMO, everything "being equal" between the 2 games; I'd give the edge to DDS for dat soundtrack  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1942 on: April 09, 2015, 01:25:14 pm »
Ive been itching to play a (legit) golf game, one of the tiger woods/pga tour games?

Suggestions? Preferred system ps3

Since sport games can be hit and miss
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #1943 on: April 09, 2015, 01:40:29 pm »

No, Project Mirai is still another one of Miku's games. I'm talking about IA/VT Colorful for the Vita. It releases in Japan late June this year. I'm importing it because (I'm fairly certain) the producer said it was very unlikely that it would get localized. It looks pretty amazing from what I've seen so far.

kashell

« Reply #1944 on: April 09, 2015, 02:12:16 pm »

No, Project Mirai is still another one of Miku's games. I'm talking about IA/VT Colorful for the Vita. It releases in Japan late June this year. I'm importing it because (I'm fairly certain) the producer said it was very unlikely that it would get localized. It looks pretty amazing from what I've seen so far.

This is the first time I've heard of it. From what I've seen, it looks similar to the PDFs. I'll give some thought to importing it since importing new is really -REALLY- expensive.

Thanks for the information!

EDIT: You know what? The more I looked at it, it reminded more of Gitaroo Man than the two PDFs. Now I'm even more interested.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:14:58 pm by kashell »

abe

« Reply #1945 on: April 09, 2015, 04:26:08 pm »

This is the first time I've heard of it. From what I've seen, it looks similar to the PDFs. I'll give some thought to importing it since importing new is really -REALLY- expensive.

Thanks for the information!

EDIT: You know what? The more I looked at it, it reminded more of Gitaroo Man than the two PDFs. Now I'm even more interested.

I never really made the Gitaroo Man connection before, but now that you mention it I can definitely see the similarities. Importing new games from Japan can be pretty expensive, but I find AmiAmi's prices to be pretty decent. IA/VT is only 4400 yen to preorder now from them.

If you're looking to get into even more vocaloid games, Gumi/Megpoid has her own as well (exclusive to Japan). It's called Megpoid: the Music# and it's available on the PSP. It's pretty fun, though I don't have a copy yet it's not too expensive to import now and even the limited edition isn't too expensive.

maximo310

« Reply #1946 on: April 09, 2015, 07:25:02 pm »
Ive been itching to play a (legit) golf game, one of the tiger woods/pga tour games?

Suggestions? Preferred system ps3

Since sport games can be hit and miss
The only one I have for ps3 is a EU copy of Tiger woods 2008, which is merely ok, but lets you create your avatar to play with. The 6th generation Tiger Woods games are above average, but the 2004 and 2005 versions on GC are annoying that they force you to swap discs at certain points in the game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1947 on: April 09, 2015, 10:06:25 pm »

I just started playing Red Dead Redemption yesterday, and was hooked! I played it for hours on end, and forsee myself wasting so many more hours on it.

It's SO good! The presentation is just outstanding. The atmosphere, the attention to details, the voice-overs, the characters, the setting, it all combines to make it truly feel like you are playing in this gritty, western-movie movie world come to life. And I haven't even gotten into the Undead side of things yet.

The gameplay is like GTA meets Oblivion/Skyrim. Lots of open world to explore, lots of missions to do, locations to discover, and people to meet.

Seriously check this one out if you haven't yet.

« Reply #1948 on: April 10, 2015, 10:50:59 pm »
Got Xenoblade Chronicles 3D today and so far it's going well, though it's clear where the hits were taken to make this work on the 3DS.  Not that I played the original and have a comparison, just going on its own merits.  Performance, it's been running smooth, though slow down in the first Metal Face fight.  Textures are where things go bad.  Not everything looks bad, but faces look awful.  Like maybe above PS1 quality at best.  That and just overall crispness is what took the biggest hit for sure I feel.  Which I'm fine with, I'd rather the game play better than look better.

Another odd thing is that they didn't seem to have implemented ANY touch controls.  Not even for menu's or anything.  After using it so much in Majora's Mask and recently Animal Crossing, I had to keep myself from reaching for the stick a few times, thinking I needed it for the menu's lol I guess it's not a bad thing in particular as I don't require touch controls in my games, I just thought it was a bit surprising to not find here.

Game itself is cool though.  Sure to enjoy this.

desocietas

« Reply #1949 on: April 11, 2015, 01:19:42 am »
Got Xenoblade Chronicles 3D today and so far it's going well, though it's clear where the hits were taken to make this work on the 3DS.  Not that I played the original and have a comparison, just going on its own merits.  Performance, it's been running smooth, though slow down in the first Metal Face fight.  Textures are where things go bad.  Not everything looks bad, but faces look awful.  Like maybe above PS1 quality at best.  That and just overall crispness is what took the biggest hit for sure I feel.  Which I'm fine with, I'd rather the game play better than look better.

Another odd thing is that they didn't seem to have implemented ANY touch controls.  Not even for menu's or anything.  After using it so much in Majora's Mask and recently Animal Crossing, I had to keep myself from reaching for the stick a few times, thinking I needed it for the menu's lol I guess it's not a bad thing in particular as I don't require touch controls in my games, I just thought it was a bit surprising to not find here.

Game itself is cool though.  Sure to enjoy this.

I was excited when this title was announced for the 3DS, but the visuals really made me shy away from getting it.  I might still get it eventually, but I already own it on the Wii, and from seeing little bits of it online, it looks beautiful on Wii.  The 3DS visuals I saw were just so disappointing comparatively, and I don't have any need to take the game on the go.

Did you pick up a Shulk amiibo?  I'm curious what Shulk will do for the game.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas