Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514907 times)

abe

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2025 on: June 01, 2015, 09:49:49 am »
For a whole month while I was away camping in (mostly) California, I played Rune Factory 3 on my DS. It was very enjoyable and even had some aspects I preferred over Rune Factory 4. Since I've gotten back, I've bought Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (PS Vita) and have started playing that and intend to get the platinum trophy. After Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS) releases tomorrow I anticipate playing that quite a bit as well.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #2026 on: June 01, 2015, 10:12:28 am »
Ye gods, the platinum trophy in PDF 2 was a real pain. It only takes about 30 to 40 hours, but the amount of grinding needed makes it seem longer. By the time I got it, I was fed up with looking at the vocaloid's darling faces. @_@ Good luck!

abe

« Reply #2027 on: June 01, 2015, 10:54:10 am »
Ye gods, the platinum trophy in PDF 2 was a real pain. It only takes about 30 to 40 hours, but the amount of grinding needed makes it seem longer. By the time I got it, I was fed up with looking at the vocaloid's darling faces. @_@ Good luck!

Would you say the Diva room related trophies were much worse/more of a pain to get than the ones for the first Project DIVA f? I haven't really taken a good look at all the trophies for F 2nd yet and I was assuming they'd be more or less the same as f.

kashell

« Reply #2028 on: June 01, 2015, 11:05:00 am »
They're worse. Since a good chunk of the stuff you need to unlock comes from the Diva rooms, you'll be spending lots of time in them. Lots. I always suggest to folks that they should deal with them as they unlock new songs, select different levels of difficulty, etc. Don't wait until you're done with all of the music and side stuff (AR Concerts, artwork, etc.) and it will be much less painful.

« Reply #2029 on: June 02, 2015, 05:15:53 pm »
I'm playing Murdered: Soul Suspect.

Well, I'm pretty much done playing it now since I'm at the end of the game I just need to get some collectables before I play the last level.

foxhack

« Reply #2030 on: June 02, 2015, 05:49:13 pm »

Well, I'm pretty much done playing it now since I'm at the end of the game I just need to get some collectables before I play the last level.

I uh. Hope you got all the collectibles from the museum on the first try, because you won't be able to get them during the end game. >_>

I actually had to replay the game to get those last few ones, the achievement popped as soon as I picked 'em up, the game kept track of what I was missing.

abe

« Reply #2031 on: June 03, 2015, 11:33:32 am »
After picking up my preorder for Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS) and putting in a few hours so far, I must say I'm really enjoying it. :) It's a strategy RPG that plays kinda like something like a top-down Valkyria Chronicles with hordes of enemies to destroy that also makes it feel a little like a game from the Warriors franchise.

I've also put a few hours into Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (PS Vita) and cleared every song on Normal and have begun to work through hard. Either I'm really rusty, or F 2nd is giving me a lot more trouble than f.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2032 on: June 04, 2015, 05:47:53 am »
I finally decided to get the last trophies for that damn platinum on Muramasa Rebirth, so everyday I progress a bit more into the Fury Mode play through (you have 1HP and everything kills you in one hit). This is really exciting and a lot more enjoyable than I expected, but.. yeah I have like 50+ retry on every boss battle. That's tough but now I realize that's how the gameplay of this fantastic game shines at its best.

And on evenings my wife and myself goof around in Zelda Skyward Sword, very linear game but truely enjoyable. i just wish I could play it with a controller :|
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

kashell

« Reply #2033 on: June 04, 2015, 03:48:45 pm »
I finally decided to get the last trophies for that damn platinum on Muramasa Rebirth, so everyday I progress a bit more into the Fury Mode play through (you have 1HP and everything kills you in one hit). This is really exciting and a lot more enjoyable than I expected, but.. yeah I have like 50+ retry on every boss battle. That's tough but now I realize that's how the gameplay of this fantastic game shines at its best.

That was one of the most fun platinum trophies to get. I felt the same way as you about Fury Mode. I went in thinking it would be impossible but it ended up being my favorite mode. I'm sure you know this already, but always keep a supply of Whetstone on you since your sword's stamina bars are your new life bars. Other than that, have a great time and don't worry about cursing on Momohime's last boss. Those f***ing falling rocks are AWFUL.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2034 on: June 05, 2015, 10:33:07 am »
That was one of the most fun platinum trophies to get. I felt the same way as you about Fury Mode. I went in thinking it would be impossible but it ended up being my favorite mode. I'm sure you know this already, but always keep a supply of Whetstone on you since your sword's stamina bars are your new life bars. Other than that, have a great time and don't worry about cursing on Momohime's last boss. Those f***ing falling rocks are AWFUL.

Yeah Whetstones FTW! I like the fact that you have to actually build a strategy for each boss battles and select your swords both for DPS and invincibility frames/stun potential of their special attacks. I heard the DLCs bosses were really tough on Fury mode, I'm looking forward to take the challenge!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

« Reply #2035 on: June 05, 2015, 05:56:17 pm »

I uh. Hope you got all the collectibles from the museum on the first try, because you won't be able to get them during the end game. >_>

I actually had to replay the game to get those last few ones, the achievement popped as soon as I picked 'em up, the game kept track of what I was missing.
Ugh really? I thought that was the only area I was able to go back to?

davifus

« Reply #2036 on: June 09, 2015, 11:38:19 am »
Fallout 3 on Very Hard difficulty

I have already beat Fallout 3 before a long time ago. Now, replaying it on very hard... WOW is it rough. Best chance of survival in the beginning If you go through the main story first are laser weapon and hoping for the critical hit. It crazy how Super mutant can take a missile dead on their torso.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #2037 on: June 11, 2015, 08:59:17 am »
48 hours later ... Im totally engrossed in Elder Scrolls online. If any of you guys are on the PS4 North American server, let me know on here. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2038 on: June 12, 2015, 08:22:55 pm »

Started playing this last night, but I just couldn't get into it. I really wanted to like it, becuase it does have a really cool, gothic/horror style to it.

But it's just such an ugly looking game, even by PS1 standards. It looks like a box of crayons, and generic crayons at that, puked all over the screen and just kind of blobbed together.

If the game was fun, that might be forgiven. Unfortunately, it's not. The enemies are few and far in-between. And the battle-system, yikes, you have to placed just right, and facing in just the perfect direction that the game wants, or else you will be hacked to death while completely missing the enemy (even though it looks like you should be hitting them). The level-design really is non-existant, you just go until you get to the next area.

So disappointed. The EGM review of this game sounded so promising. Must have been paid-off for that review.

Now this on the other hand...oh man am I having fun with this game! This is easily one of the best platformers on PS1. I was playing last night, and I didn't even realize how much time had gone by, I look up at the clock and it's 10:00 and I haven't even eaten dinner yet; now that's a sign of a great game!

Smooth and simple controls. 2.5D platforming with you basic running and jumping. And you have this grappling hook made out of energy. You can use it to swing from objects (ala Bionic Commando), you can use it to grab enemies and then proceed to pummel them to death or lead them to some fire, spikes, grinders, whatever happens to be around. Or you can use it to power certain objects in the game. So much fun.

And the level-design is just fantastic. Enemies can be used to solve puzzles, such as throwing them on spikes using your energy beam, and then using them as stepping stones to get across the spikes.

Check this one out, if you haven't. It's worth it, especially for the cheap price it goes for. Definitely an overlooked PS1 gem.

foxhack

« Reply #2039 on: June 16, 2015, 04:59:47 pm »
Ugh really? I thought that was the only area I was able to go back to?

You -can- return there and get any missing stuff, but if you're really close to the ending (as in the point of no return), you won't be able to access some sections because of story related reasons.