Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 512466 times)

doafan

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2055 on: June 29, 2015, 08:28:33 pm »
Have been playing Battletoads / Double Dragon for a couple of days where at this moment I was able to reach the level 4-2 but also am unable to beat the damn battleship, have to said that the bikes level wasn't has hard as the ones at the first Battletoads title, will try to defeat this damn boss these days where I also expect to complete this game without using continues but it seems that this task it will be almost impossible  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

retroone

« Reply #2056 on: July 01, 2015, 06:44:08 pm »
Lately I've been playing Donkey Kong (GB) on the Virtual Console and it's been very enjoyable. I'm on World 7/8 so I should be finishing it up soon. I would highly recommend it although for a portable game it can be long. Thank goodness for that battery save!

kashell

« Reply #2057 on: July 02, 2015, 08:07:29 am »
I started Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. This is my first time playing this and I'm really impressed so far for the most part. Certain aspects of the game make me scratch my head in confusion. But, that's what you get when you play a survival/horror game.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2058 on: July 06, 2015, 08:25:22 pm »
Have you played Guacemelee? 
Stop what you're doing and download it now.

telly

« Reply #2059 on: July 08, 2015, 09:24:29 am »
Trying to finally beat Mega Man II. That fourth Wily boss makes me want to tear my hair out it's so annoying  >:(
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2060 on: July 08, 2015, 09:39:41 am »
Trying to finally beat Mega Man II. That fourth Wily boss makes me want to tear my hair out it's so annoying  >:(

Isn't that the things that flash and shoot you behind the walls? 
If it is, don't try to break all the walls.  Use Items to move around them.  You have to make every Crash Bomb count to get all the turrets.  Good Luck.  You'll get it.

telly

« Reply #2061 on: July 08, 2015, 09:44:53 am »

If it is, don't try to break all the walls.  Use Items to move around them.  You have to make every Crash Bomb count to get all the turrets.  Good Luck.  You'll get it.

Yeah, it's that boss. That's the problem - that you can only use Crash bombs, and you only have just enough to beat the boss, so if you mess up it takes forever to grind enough energy for a full bar so you can try again. But thanks for the tip though! I'll keep persevering  :D
Currently Playing:

maximo310

« Reply #2062 on: July 08, 2015, 01:51:18 pm »

Yeah, it's that boss. That's the problem - that you can only use Crash bombs, and you only have just enough to beat the boss, so if you mess up it takes forever to grind enough energy for a full bar so you can try again. But thanks for the tip though! I'll keep persevering  :D
Yeah, you're at the toughest part of the game. If you get past this, then you'll be good for the boss rush and the Wily battles especially if you know those weaknesses.

telly

« Reply #2063 on: July 08, 2015, 11:03:05 pm »

Yeah, you're at the toughest part of the game. If you get past this, then you'll be good for the boss rush and the Wily battles especially if you know those weaknesses.

Just got through the that stage with one etank and a little patience! But since it had been so long since I fought the robot masters I  still died haha. Now I'm going to make sure I have an E - tank left for the Wily spaceship thing near the end
Currently Playing:

bobster

« Reply #2064 on: July 09, 2015, 07:11:07 am »
I popped in Blast Corps on the N64 the other day. Still just as fun to play. Probably going to fill in the little free time I have with that.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2065 on: July 09, 2015, 12:26:07 pm »

I started playing through this again last night (playing as Kevin Nash on the Raw roster). Forgot what a good wrestling game it actually is.

This is the first wrestling game I remember that was more than just a chase for the championship. It actually followed storyline elements, and you could make allies or enemies backstage. You could also form allies into a faction, even. What was also cool is that Vince McMahon runs Smackdown, while Ric Flair runs Raw. You can work for either guy, and you get to participate in the Draft and pick what guys go to what roster. And of course there's the wrestling staples in the game like create-a-wrestler, King of the Ring, Hardcore Matches, Cage Matches, etc.

The roster is really good, too. It's right during that magical time when there were Attitude Era stars, WCW stars, and ECW stars all populating the WWE.

Go back and play this one, you won't regret it. That is if you can get past the dated PS2 graphics.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2066 on: July 09, 2015, 12:31:18 pm »

Any Dynasty Warriors fans here? Started playing through Dynasty Warriors 5 yesterday. Very simple, yet fun game. It's just so satisfying to run down wave after wave of enemies and just feel like a bad ass.

I found, though, that by the time the series reached 5th game, it was as simple as just hacking-and-slashing through enemies to beat the game (I had played DW 2 and Hyrule Warriors before this, which were a bit easier). The game actually makes you strategize your battles a bit and decide where your needed the most. If you aren't where you need to be, your incompetent army will fail you in this one.

But still, lots of mindless fun to be had here. I really need to get one of the Xbox 360 entries in the series. I'm sure they look gorgeous while you're slaughter your enemies.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2067 on: July 11, 2015, 12:20:01 pm »
Record of Agarest War Zero
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Veilor

« Reply #2068 on: July 11, 2015, 01:46:09 pm »
Beating my way on newgame+ in Batman: Arkham Knight

maximo310

« Reply #2069 on: July 11, 2015, 02:47:14 pm »
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion