Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515422 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2100 on: August 09, 2015, 05:22:23 pm »
Chaos Wars!

Having fun with the terrible dub? :P

certainly not!

did you play/endure it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #2101 on: August 09, 2015, 07:04:56 pm »
Chaos Wars!

Having fun with the terrible dub? :P

certainly not!

did you play/endure it?

I've watched videos of it and understand just how terrible it is. It's unfortunate, since the game itself looks kinda interesting and reminds me a little of Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom. I'd still like to buy a copy and play it a bit some time regardless.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #2102 on: August 10, 2015, 08:07:54 am »
Chaos Wars!

Awful voice acting aside, I think you'll find some fun in the game after you start getting more characters. Some of the Growlanser cast is in the game so that's a perk.

Oh, and I started Criminal Girls!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2103 on: August 10, 2015, 09:01:38 am »
CG was a nice, easy, and stress-free platinum kash, enjoy!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #2104 on: August 11, 2015, 08:22:05 am »

Thanks! I just got to the fire level. I really like the fact that you can swap out characters with just the push of a button. I really -HATE- how much censorship was included in this version, though. All of that pink gas makes it look like the gals ate a bad batch of chili.

abe

« Reply #2105 on: August 11, 2015, 10:33:50 am »
All of that pink gas makes it look like the gals ate a bad batch of chili.

I'll never be able to unsee this. :( I hope you're happy. :'( :'(

Also, boo censorship. I'm glad the game got a localization (I honestly thought it was never going to happen with this game), but it's always bittersweet when so much ends up getting changed for a North American release.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #2106 on: August 11, 2015, 04:54:20 pm »
God dang Dragon Ball Xenoverse! I want to like it, it's not a terrible game, but being unable to progress further cause I'm apparently woefully underleveled drives me nuts.  I was good up to the majin buu saga, where there was suddenly a massive wall of difficulty.  Even now since then, I've gone up at least 5 levels and still can't get far enough in to move the story along.  The combat itself is aggravating, especially when you have to fight more than one AI opponent.  I could fight one on one alright with these level of characters, but they are determined to make the parallel quests involve multiple enemies at once which is annoying as all hell and never fun getting constantly stunlocked and swarmed.  As much as I like getting new gear and skills, I kinda am really wanting to finish the story here lol

retroone

« Reply #2107 on: August 11, 2015, 09:03:25 pm »
Lately I have been putting time into Castle Crashers (Steam). I am almost done with the story, all I really have to do is the online achievements. The problem is that hardly anyone is online to play with. I've spent most of my time in blank lobbies. Any who I've been having a ton of fun with the game and love it a lot!

telly

« Reply #2108 on: August 12, 2015, 09:12:26 am »
I really want to start Dragon Quest VIII, but between that and Far Cry 3 I don't know if I'll be able to finish it before school starts, and I wasn't planning on taking the PS2 since I have more games I haven't played on my GameCube...

How Long to Beat.com says the game takes 73 hours for the main story; can anyone speak to the accuracy of that length? Thanks :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #2109 on: August 12, 2015, 10:24:21 am »
I really want to start Dragon Quest VIII, but between that and Far Cry 3 I don't know if I'll be able to finish it before school starts, and I wasn't planning on taking the PS2 since I have more games I haven't played on my GameCube...

How Long to Beat.com says the game takes 73 hours for the main story; can anyone speak to the accuracy of that length? Thanks :)

I'm not sure how much my two cents matters since I haven't played it per se, but that seems about right. Based on all of the reviews I've read and all of the opinions I've heard from friends who have played it from start to finish, I know that it's a long game.

maximo310

« Reply #2110 on: August 12, 2015, 03:53:36 pm »

If you stick with the main quest, it takes about 50-60 hours. If you want to mess around with the monster arena, medal hunting, and completing the alchemy guidebook, then your playtime is defenitely going to increase. It's still going to take some time if you're up to the test.

telly

« Reply #2111 on: August 12, 2015, 04:19:50 pm »
Ah ok, thanks for the input guys! I guess I'll have to put it on hold until I finish a few GameCube games. Maybe I'll pick it up around Thanksgiving or something
Currently Playing:

desocietas

« Reply #2112 on: August 12, 2015, 05:49:33 pm »
Yeah it's definitely a long game. It really encourages exploring and backtracking (for fun) and would definitely be a time investment.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #2113 on: August 15, 2015, 11:01:41 pm »
So I just mentioned above that I would be planning on starting some more GameCube games on my return to college, and since I've gotten pretty 'far" in Far Cry 3 (lol) I thought I would start one up now. Between Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime and Super Mario Sunshine, I decided to go with SMS, since it has the simplest story I think?

Really enjoying it so far. I've never played SM64 or Galaxy, etc. so this is my first experience with this kind of game.
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #2114 on: August 17, 2015, 08:20:47 am »
Even though I knew what type of game it would be, I decided to try Grim Grimoire for the PlayStation 2. Unfortunately, it's just not doing it for me so I decided to stop playing. RTS' were never my thing, but at least I gave it a shot.