Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514811 times)

abe

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2145 on: September 03, 2015, 10:06:03 am »
I'm contemplating playing through Chrono Trigger again, partially because it's the 20th anniversary, and also because I just watched ProJared's video about the game and he recommended that people should replay it.

It might be interesting to give it another play through, to see how I opinions may have changed, though I beat it when I was 17ish, so I don't know.

It's either that or start up Suikoden/ try to get my roommate to let me play his copy of Secret of Mana

Or bug your roommate to let you play his copy of Earthbound instead. ;)

You know, that's probably a better idea. :) If there was ever a chance for me to say I played Earthbound on cart without paying through the nose for it, it would be now.  ::)

It's soooooo worth it. Earthbound is still probably my favorite game of all time. Secret of Mana is great and all, but it's also nowhere near as expensive as Earthbound.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #2146 on: September 03, 2015, 10:22:34 am »
B-b-b-b-but... Secret of Mana! ;______;

XD

telly

« Reply #2147 on: September 03, 2015, 10:47:57 am »

XD

It's such a dilemma. It's like "I have these two really nice cars here, but you can only pick one" kind of thing.

Let's have a vote on the podcast tonight!  8)

EDIT: I'm just kidding. We don't have to do that haha
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:53:20 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2148 on: September 03, 2015, 11:22:25 am »
Smash bros Wii u, already unlocked all characters, which is easy cause you just throw 100 matches lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #2149 on: September 03, 2015, 01:01:33 pm »

XD

It's such a dilemma. It's like "I have these two really nice cars here, but you can only pick one" kind of thing.

Let's have a vote on the podcast tonight!  8)

EDIT: I'm just kidding. We don't have to do that haha

Ha! If there's time, for sure we can. I'm sure my front-runner will lose, though. People seem to like Earthbound more than SoM. Personally, I found Earthbound to be a snooze fest.

telly

« Reply #2150 on: September 03, 2015, 03:47:22 pm »
I really enjoyed Mother 3, but I don't know how different Earthbound is from Mother 3 since it was earlier. I don't think the story in Earthbound is as profound as M3 either, but I could be wrong about that too.

All in all, I'd love to play both, but with Earthbound being so expensive makes me more inclined to play it first, that's all  ;)
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #2151 on: September 03, 2015, 04:31:29 pm »
Totally understandable. When you do start SoM, let a brutha know. I'd be interested in seeing what you thought of it.

abe

« Reply #2152 on: September 03, 2015, 04:39:47 pm »
I really enjoyed Mother 3, but I don't know how different Earthbound is from Mother 3 since it was earlier. I don't think the story in Earthbound is as profound as M3 either, but I could be wrong about that too.

The two are similar, of course, but at the same time I felt that they were much different experiences. For me, Mother 3 was definitely more emotional but I'd say Earthbound is my favorite of the two.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2153 on: September 04, 2015, 02:20:35 am »

I love this game, being the metal-head that I am. It has a great sense of humor.

I beat it a couple years back. But now I'm going back through and trying to find and do everything in the game this time around. I want to see everything unlocked, if I can do that.

« Reply #2154 on: September 06, 2015, 09:23:43 pm »
I'm currently playing through Yoshi's Woolly World and I absolutely love it. It's the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Highly recommended.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2155 on: September 08, 2015, 09:46:28 am »
I'm currently playing through Yoshi's Woolly World and I absolutely love it. It's the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Highly recommended.
Wait.  When did this come out?

telly

« Reply #2156 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:24 am »

He's probably playing the EU version, which came out a couple of weeks ago. :)

EDIT: No idea why I said weeks... I'm forgetting it's September already x(
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:58:30 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2157 on: September 08, 2015, 10:56:31 am »

He's probably playing the EU version, which came out a couple of weeks ago. :)

Yup it was in the end of June.

We've been playing through this game with my wife and it's always a blast to play on co-op, a genuine Yoshi platformer very fun and creative.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

« Reply #2158 on: September 08, 2015, 01:08:57 pm »
Yep, as the folks above said it came out in Europe just over a couple of months ago :)

Yup it was in the end of June.

We've been playing through this game with my wife and it's always a blast to play on co-op, a genuine Yoshi platformer very fun and creative.
Yeah I've been playing it co-op as well, it's great fun and can get hilarious at times.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 01:19:56 pm by olly88 »

telly

« Reply #2159 on: September 10, 2015, 09:00:36 am »
Think I'm going to start up Suikoden, luckily it isn't that long of an RPG. Then I'll really bug my buddy to let me play Earthbound  ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:22:23 pm by telly »
Currently Playing: