Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514994 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2175 on: September 14, 2015, 08:09:15 am »
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX on the 3DS.

So far, not so good. Also, a wallet chain? What is this, 1997? ^.~

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2176 on: September 14, 2015, 10:37:01 am »
Mario Maker.  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2177 on: September 15, 2015, 04:06:13 pm »

Hey there, kashy!

I noticed (what I'm almost certain are) some Lost Dimension trophies in your profile - I'm really interested in your thoughts on it + what you're liking and/or not liking about the game; since it's still pretty cose to the top of my "up next" list...

As for myself - I'm playing a bit of Disgaea 3.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #2178 on: September 16, 2015, 08:17:07 am »
I started Enchanted Arms on the PlayStation 3. This is a game I've sort of had my eye on since first hearing about it on the Xbox 3-shifty back in 2006. I'm really enjoying it so far, even if I'm only in the first dungeon. Makoto is awesome and he has already become a permanent person in my party.

Hey there, kashy!

I noticed (what I'm almost certain are) some Lost Dimension trophies in your profile - I'm really interested in your thoughts on it + what you're liking and/or not liking about the game; since it's still pretty cose to the top of my "up next" list...

As for myself - I'm playing a bit of Disgaea 3.

Hey dark! It's been a while. Indeed, I finished earning the platinum trophy a few days ago. The game was marvelous. I wrote a review on it if you want more information, but I can tell you this about it:

*It's one-handed friendly
*The traitor system is creative and fun
*Battles are as easy or as difficult as you want them to be
*The story is great

I'm not sure what version you'll be playing, but the Vita version did freeze on me a few times. It didn't effect anything since the game auto-saves, so I just restarted the system. Also, you will have to play the game at least twice (most likely thrice) if you want to get the platinum since the traitor is determined randomly during each file. I hope you enjoy it; I know I did!

abe

« Reply #2179 on: September 19, 2015, 05:29:52 pm »
A few things on the go right now:

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance - Demo Version (PS4)
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the demo version was available on PSN when I happened to find it this morning. It's got the same feel to it that I loved about Disgaea D2, and now I'm even more excited now for the game's release in a little over two weeks. Has serious potential as a contender for my personal GOTY for 2015. :D

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS)
More or less what I expected from it, though I was surprised by just how many AR cards you get with it. There are quite a lot. A minor complaint about the packaging though; the outer box is rather large just to hold a silly "wallet chain" (which is fabric, so not even a real chain), and as a result they are easily damaged. My copy arrived from Amazon in less than ideal condition because of this. There's no inserts in it either to keep things from moving around or stop the box from getting crushed, and if you actually take the "wallet chain" out to use it for some silly reason, you'll be left with a half-empty box... moving on now...
The game itself is pretty fun, and it may very well be the cutest game I've ever played on my 3DS. The Nendoroid versions of the featured vocaloids are all adorable. I love the Puyo Puyo 39 minigame included, and playing Reversi/Othello with the vocaloids is way more fun than the silly Diva Room minigames in the Project DIVA series. The track list is a little on the short side, but it's still decent in my opinion. I also like that Gumi is in a few tracks as well. My only major complaint is the game's difficulty. So far it's really been way too easy. I've read that some tracks (6 or so) have difficulty settings above Hard, but it's kinda lame that the highest setting for most songs is just "Hard". :-\

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
Aside from a couple initial (and avoidable) bugs, it's been really great so far. Many features from Peace Walker have returned and have been greatly improved upon. Keifer Sutherland actually makes a pretty good Snake too. The game controls really well, and looks amazing too. I'm sure I'll have lots more to say about it by the time I'm finished the game, but for now, I'm really enjoying it. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #2180 on: September 22, 2015, 10:01:09 am »
Finally got around to getting enough GameCube - GBA cables so two of my friends and I can play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles! I'm very excited; I've heard playing this game in multiplayer is the way to go.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

doafan

« Reply #2181 on: September 23, 2015, 07:50:39 pm »
Have been playing Dead or Alive 4 for a least two months but since I have purchased the fifth release of this title I totally forgot about the first one, totally love the new gameplay and some of the costumes of the ladies specially the ones that are free, not gonna pay for the rest of them at least not right now cause my financial situation is not what I want, also I'm trying to unblock all those easy Achievements that I can get cause want to purchase Metroid Other M in two more weeks, need to see Samus at her Zero suit at my TV as soon as possible  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

90snostalga

« Reply #2182 on: September 26, 2015, 05:32:31 am »
I'm going to go ahead and list this because I find myself playing in tournament mode at least 3 nights a week. That's Mario Tennis for the Virtual Boy. I'm getting hooked ;D

kashell

« Reply #2183 on: September 30, 2015, 09:09:58 am »
I started Rule of Rose.

And folks wonder why I don't ever want to have kids!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:33:09 am by kashell »

telly

« Reply #2184 on: October 01, 2015, 08:22:24 am »
I started Rule of Rose.

And folks wonder why I don't every want to have kids!

I noticed that you had that! Let me know how it is? I saw a sealed copy at my used game store for $150 one time...

I'm going to start up Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles this weekend. I've got some friends I'm going to play it with, and I've heard the multiplayer side is fantastic.
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #2185 on: October 01, 2015, 08:40:44 am »
I noticed that you had that! Let me know how it is? I saw a sealed copy at my used game store for $150 one time...

I'm going to start up Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles this weekend. I've got some friends I'm going to play it with, and I've heard the multiplayer side is fantastic.

Yeah, that's about the price I expected for it. So far, I'm enjoying it. It doesn't rely on gore to get its point across; it's more about very -VERY- uncomfortable situations, disturbing imagery and the like. I really feel for the main character.

Have fun with FF:CC! Multiplayer is the way to go with that game, so it sounds like you'll have a great time.

telly

« Reply #2186 on: October 01, 2015, 09:15:41 am »
That sounds like a really cool experience. I really need to get into some other survival horror titles, mainly RE and Fatal Frame
Currently Playing:

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2187 on: October 03, 2015, 09:26:30 pm »
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. Avoid this one hell I rented it and I want my money back

90snostalga

« Reply #2188 on: October 03, 2015, 10:10:06 pm »
I gave up on Fear for the PC. Good game but just has trouble keeping my interest over Long periods of time.  Giving Heavy Rain for the ps3 a whirl. So far its good  8)

kashell

« Reply #2189 on: October 05, 2015, 08:08:24 am »
I started Dark Souls. It's just as challenging as I expected it to be so far.