Author Topic: Looking for Shenmue and other dreamcast classics.  (Read 1740 times)

Looking for Shenmue and other dreamcast classics.
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:42:19 pm »
So I got a Dreamcast for Christmas and I'm looking to jump start my collection. I already picked up Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, and Skies of Arcadia and now I'm looking for a few more. Shenmue, Sonic Adventure 2, Evolution 1 and 2, Powerstone 1 and 2, really any good dreamcast games I'm open to. However I am looking for a good deal on them. If you've got extra copies and you're looking for them to go to a good home I'm your man. Just let me know if you've got anything and we can go from there. Thanks!!!!

bobster

Re: Looking for Shenmue and other dreamcast classics.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:43:38 pm »
Welcome to the club! It's wonderful here. I'll see if I have any spares, but chances are slim. Dreamcast games don't show up often around me which makes me sad. Congrats on Skies of Arcadia though! That's a great game.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:00:17 pm »
Welcome to the club! It's wonderful here. I'll see if I have any spares, but chances are slim. Dreamcast games don't show up often around me which makes me sad. Congrats on Skies of Arcadia though! That's a great game.

Thanks man!! I really look forward to playing Skies. I actually used to own a Dreamcast back in my college days; but like an asshole I sold it. I'm really excited to have one again. Its nice you can still buy new VMUs fairly cheap, although my local game shop has a shitty selection of games... and ebay seems to be just a little high for most of the games I'm interested in.

bobster

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:58:36 pm »
I bought my Dreamcast right when I start college, after they'd discontinued them. Man I wish I'd had the money to buy all the games cheap back then. I just pirated them cause I was a poor college kid. Makes me sad my collection for Dreamcast is so small. I've actually never beaten Skies myself, since every time I played through the 1st disk, the 2nd disk I'd pirated never was compatible. This was back in the day when people ripped stuff out to make downloads smaller and what not. All very crappy lol. Now that I've got a legit copy, I definitely need to finish it.

Anyways, I thought I had a spare Shenmue, but if I do I can't find it currently. I've got something else but it's complicated. I'll be sending you a PM shortly.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 10:09:41 pm »
I bought my Dreamcast right when I start college, after they'd discontinued them. Man I wish I'd had the money to buy all the games cheap back then. I just pirated them cause I was a poor college kid. Makes me sad my collection for Dreamcast is so small. I've actually never beaten Skies myself, since every time I played through the 1st disk, the 2nd disk I'd pirated never was compatible. This was back in the day when people ripped stuff out to make downloads smaller and what not. All very crappy lol. Now that I've got a legit copy, I definitely need to finish it.

Anyways, I thought I had a spare Shenmue, but if I do I can't find it currently. I've got something else but it's complicated. I'll be sending you a PM shortly.

Lol i was in the same boat, i bought Dreamcast the summer before my freshman year when they went down to like $50. And I finally had highspeed internet at school..... which led to lots of downloading.. Its nice to be an adult with a disposable income now!

bobster

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 10:14:47 pm »

Lol i was in the same boat, i bought Dreamcast the summer before my freshman year when they went down to like $50. And I finally had highspeed internet at school..... which led to lots of downloading.. Its nice to be an adult with a disposable income now!
Agreed! Now if everyone else with disposable income would get out of our hobby  >:(.

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 11:37:04 pm »

Agreed! Now if everyone else with disposable income would get out of our hobby  >:(.
Lower those game prices! It's so hard to find some of the Dreamcast games I want for an reasonable price.

bobster

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 11:37:56 pm »

Lower those game prices! It's so hard to find some of the Dreamcast games I want for an reasonable price.
Preach it!

theflea

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 01:44:42 am »
I'm on a Sega Dreamquest myself, been looking online for some "make offer" deals and did get a few off my list. down to only 37 official releases for a complete set. 

The only extras i have are...
Sonic Adventures (missing manual)
Gauntlet Legends
Grand Theft Auto
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 03:27:35 pm »
I'm on a Sega Dreamquest myself, been looking online for some "make offer" deals and did get a few off my list. down to only 37 official releases for a complete set. 

The only extras i have are...
Sonic Adventures (missing manual)
Gauntlet Legends
Grand Theft Auto

Oh id be interested in Gauntlet Legends and GTA if they are complete and the price is right. I'll shoot you a PM.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 01:14:48 am »
Up until recently the Dreamcast was my priority in terms of collecting. It has such an amazing, underrated library of games. Many of the titles I found I got super lucky with, but many of the rarer games I had to bite the bullet and turn to EBay to get them. As a couple people have said, they are kind of hard to find in the wild. It is my belief that now is the time to get into collecting for it if you've ever wanted to. Prices are going up and they show no sign of slowing :p

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 01:06:03 am »
I really need to get a VMU for my Dreamcast. I don't play on my old consoles at all, but it'd be nice to know I could put some time into that one. xD I have Code Veronica, but can't really play it since I don't have the VMU. xP

It's a shame that the Dreamcast didn't sell. I've only played a couple of games very briefly on there, but it seems like a lot of people really like what it has to offer, and praise the game library pretty highly. Maybe one of these days we'll end up getting a new Dreamcast console...  :)

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 03:18:38 am »
I really need to get a VMU for my Dreamcast. I don't play on my old consoles at all, but it'd be nice to know I could put some time into that one. xD I have Code Veronica, but can't really play it since I don't have the VMU. xP

It's a shame that the Dreamcast didn't sell. I've only played a couple of games very briefly on there, but it seems like a lot of people really like what it has to offer, and praise the game library pretty highly. Maybe one of these days we'll end up getting a new Dreamcast console...  :)

you can find 1st party VMUs brand new on ebay for not a whole lot