Author Topic: New to site, how does trading work on here?  (Read 4574 times)

New to site, how does trading work on here?
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »
hey all,
just stumbled on this site, will be adding my entire collection over time. i have duplicates of some titles and i'd like to trade them if possible for other titles so i'm wondering how the process works on here. looks like i can sell or trade, rather trade if possible, so is it cool to just make a list of what i have duplicates of and see what people offer me or should i set prices? like i said though, i'd rather trade as long as i get something decent for my games.

desocietas

Re: New to site, how does trading work on here?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »
It's pretty simple - once you look up a game that's in your collection, you can click on "add with details" and there's a checkmark there to mark it for "on sale."  Basically the same as trade... I think the trade/sell value is based on whatever communication you have with the person on the other end of the deal.

Also, the other way to go about it is adding all your items to your collection, then when you're on your collection page, just hover over the item and select the pencil icon.  From there you should be able to edit info about the item and mark it for sale there.

Also:
Once you got your sell list going, you can hover over your item(s) to see if there's a buyer match (someone who's already listed that item in their wishlist).  From there you can message folks look at folks' collections.  Same goes if you have a wishlist and click on the red number (assuming that it's not "0" :P) under Seller Match.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 12:46:47 pm »
That reminds me... mods, when I select "buyer match," would it be possible to have a link for sending a PM or something like that?  Currently it just has a link to view the other person's collection.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 12:58:40 pm »
@desocietas Done. and thanks for writing up the walk-through.

@milly Welcome to the site! The sell list is actually our latest feature so it'll probably evolve over time. Let me know if you have any suggestions. The basic ideas was for us to facilitate finding the matches. After that you are on your own and can reach out to other users. We do have added a Feedback forum to verify users. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions. Thanks!

scott

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 01:11:48 pm »
desocietas and matt beat me to it...

Welcome to the site!

Also, once you make a trade or sale and everyone's items are in hand. Make sure you leave feedback for that person in the User Feedback forum. A lot of the users that have traded or trade often have threads there, but if they don't feel free to start a new one with that's person's username as the title. :)

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 01:57:22 pm »
Wow! Thanks for the quick and informative replies. I'll poke around on here a bit and if I have suggestions/comments I'll pass them along. So far the site looks great though!