Author Topic: Developer/Publisher Requests  (Read 102592 times)

tpugmire

Developer/Publisher Requests
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:14:17 am »
If you need a Developer or Publisher added to the list of available options, request it here.  All requests will be researched by the staff and added if needed.

You can also request Developers or Publishers that are duplicates to be merged. When requesting use this format:
Incorrect Company Name -> Correct Company Name

When a request has been handled, an admin will mark the Developer or Publisher name in either Green or Red glow.
Do not use any text effects on requests or they may be ignored!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:52:49 am by tripredacus »
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

abe

Re: Developer/Publisher Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 11:37:09 am »
Where can we check the list of developers and publishers already available on the site?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:47:01 am »
When you add or edit a game, you will see the options in the developer/publisher fields.  (I think, I haven't actually done it since they were added back in.)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

abe

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 11:51:42 am »
When you add or edit a game, you will see the options in the developer/publisher fields.  (I think, I haven't actually done it since they were added back in.)

There's no dropdown list for me when I try to submit an edit for the Developer or Publisher section. That's why I was wondering if there was a list somewhere.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:54:09 am »

There's no dropdown list for me when I try to submit an edit for the Developer or Publisher section. That's why I was wondering if there was a list somewhere.

IIRC, Matt mentioned that - for now - it's only working for *submissions* and not for edits...try getting to that part of a submission screen - and you should get the drop-down menu & be able to see the list  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 12:23:24 pm »

IIRC, Matt mentioned that - for now - it's only working for *submissions* and not for edits...try getting to that part of a submission screen - and you should get the drop-down menu & be able to see the list  ;)

Actually, it's the other way around. It's only working for edits and not submissions.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 03:12:31 pm »
What's going to happen to titles that have multiple developers? Have multiple developer fields? There's an idea!

abe

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 03:51:29 pm »
What's going to happen to titles that have multiple developers? Have multiple developer fields? There's an idea!

This is the answer I got earlier:

Quick question, since it doesn't seem to be listed in the style guide. What should be use for games that have more than one developer? Should we list all of a game's developers in the developer section, separating them with a semicolon or a comma? Or should we only add one main developer for each entry?

Don't have a solution for this yet. We may add a 2nd field.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 09:03:50 pm »
I'm presuming we're going to reuse a lot that may have been entered earlier. Is there a way the public can see what is already entered so we can make better suggestions?

tpugmire

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 04:04:05 pm »
I'll look into it and see if we can't compile a list.

psydswipe

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 12:30:33 pm »
Please add ZeniMax Online Studios. Also, I'm not sure if you're ready to clean up what's already in there but I think an edit I just submitted might have had a misspelled publisher. I grabbed the first one to come up on the list but then when I submitted the same edit on another edition I noticed there was a correctly spelled Electronic Arts and a misspelled version (Electornic Arts).

psydswipe

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 05:30:46 am »
It's been two weeks since my request, three if you count the request in the thread about companies being added back to the database  :-\ I don't like to bump the thread but nobody else has requested any adds which I find surprising. If you're not ready to add companies yet that's fine, I'm just wondering why it is taking so long. Thanks.

gamingpenguin

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 06:07:58 am »
I was waiting for them to finish fixing it up before I posted any. When I submit an edit for the Developer or Publisher, it looks like the ones that don't come up in the drop down menu aren't getting approved or rejected. I don't know if this is the case, but it seems to be what is happening, So I am going to presume that all the ones I have submitted they know about. I could be wrong and if I am, then I will add the ones I find to not be in the drop down menu here :).

techsmurfy

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 04:28:42 pm »
Please add Curly Monsters, developer of N.Gen Racing and Quantum Redshift.

apholyon

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 09:22:39 pm »
Please add Silverback Entertainment  Developer(s).