Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 35560 times)

theflea

February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« on: February 01, 2015, 01:45:11 pm »
Looks like I'll start out February's finds. (even though many of this was the end of January)   ::)

I went out on a game quest and traveled all over to many game stores, thrift shops and gamestops.
Also a game came in the mail. Bought a lot of stuff this trip.

PS4
Saw these in a bargain bin and I've heard they might become obscure so WTH.
- Stick it to the Man
- Putty Squad

XBone
Got a heavy discount on this brand new, read about amiibos to find out why. lol
- Grand Theft Auto V

VITA
Got this in the mail.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 2 - Limited Edition

Wii
Picked up these real cheap, I remember seeing a video saying this game was hard to find so wth.
- We Cheer 2
And this was only $2.
- Trauma Center New Blood

NDS
Last day I could use a coupon for a decent discount at my local used game store so i picked out.
- Pokemon Platinum Version

PSP
Saw this cheap Complete with PSP Camera so I grabbed it.
- Invizimals

PS2
- Wild Arms 4

GBA
Brand new sealed for $2... Sure why not.
- Unfabulous

DC
Continuing my Dreamquest, Found a few more games I was missing.
- Dragon Riders
- Namco Museum
- Tee Off
- Iron Aces

PS1
Found a couple titles I was still missing in my PS1 collection cheap.
- FIFA Soccer 2003
- Golden Nugget

SAT
Found a couple Mint condition Saturn games cheap so I nabbed them.
- Andretti Racing
- Crime Wave

GBC
One of the places I stopped at a asked about GB/GBC games and he pulled out a huge book filled with games and they where only $2-$4 a piece and I picked out a few.
- Bionic Commando
- Magi Nation
- Crystalis
- Donkey Kong Land III

SCD
Stopped at about five different Saver Thrift Stores and most had nothing but one had some games that caught my eye. For $3 each i got.
- Cliffhanger
- Ecco the Dolphin

SNES
Found a couple games I was missing priced right.
- Power Moves
- Liberty of Death

Amiibo
First I stopped at Target (waited 2 hours before they opened in a snow storm) and got...
- Rosalina
Stopped at Gamestop and picked up...
- Bowser
- Toon Link
Then stopped at Toys R Us to get lucario that I pre-ordered....
And i they sold them all last Friday to ONE GUY. not kidding here. Some idiot didn't hold any for the pre-orders. I was not happy and the Manager Took my info and will make sure the next batch will go to pre-orders. As an apology she gave me a heavy discount on any game I wanted so I got GTAV on XBone.
Then I go to Best Buy to see about Meta Knight, and the guy said oh we had those a month ago and they already sold out. Now I think he might have been mistaken because there's no US Meta Knights flooding EBAY so I think it just got Delayed. (I hope) lol
So I went to another Target and picked up 2 more Rosalina's JUST IN CASE i need em for trade to get the 2 I need.  :-\
If you have Lucario or Meta Knight and want to trade for Rosalina send me a PM. I'd rather trade and know i get one then wait and hope i get one. lol

Only 5 more items and I hit 10,000!!!!  :o

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:22:15 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 01:59:55 pm »

Amiibo
First I stopped at Target (waited 2 hours before they opened in a snow storm) and got...
- Rosalina
- Bowser
- Toon Link
And i they sold them all last Friday to ONE GUY. not kidding here. Some idiot didn't hold any for the pre-orders. I was not happy and the Manager Took my info and will make sure the next batch will go to pre-orders. As an apology she gave me a heavy discount on any game I wanted so I got GTAV on XBone.
Then I go to Best Buy to see about Meta Knight, and the guy said oh we had those a month ago and they already sold out. Now I think he might have been mistaken because there's no US Meta Knights flooding EBAY so I think it just got Delayed. (I hope) lol
So I went to another Target and picked up 2 more Rosalina's JUST IN CASE i need em for trade to get the 2 I need.  :-\
If you have Lucario or Meta Knight and want to trade for Rosalina send me a PM. I'd rather trade and know i get one then wait and hope i get one. lol

I didn't take any chances and picked up my Lucario preorder the Friday morning when everyone was lined up to get one. I have been getting multiples of most Amiibos as both insurance just in case preorders fall through (or get sold to some asshole trying to scalp 20 of them). As you said, getting extras helps with negotiating trades later on if needed.

theflea

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 02:13:38 pm »

Amiibo
- Rosalina
- Bowser
- Toon Link
I didn't take any chances and picked up my Lucario preorder the Friday morning when everyone was lined up to get one. I have been getting multiples of most Amiibos as both insurance just in case preorders fall through (or get sold to some asshole trying to scalp 20 of them). As you said, getting extras helps with negotiating trades later on if needed.

Unfortunately I wasn't told they where selling them on Friday, When i talked to a Clerk before I was told they will be available Sunday, They couldn't sell them before release date. Target did do this, TRU didn't.  :-\
I just couldn't believe they let ONE guy buy them all. Target Limited it but the first one had 1 per customer and the second had 2 per customer. That's how I got 3. I'm Gonna hold them for trade for any I miss.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

karyann

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 05:42:30 pm »
Wow, that's a pretty cool haul!  :)

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 07:33:12 pm »
I am pretty much over Amiibo's at this point. If I find them in a store I may pick one up, otherwise it's not worth the hassle.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 08:55:48 pm »
I am pretty much over Amiibo's at this point. If I find them in a store I may pick one up, otherwise it's not worth the hassle.

Like a lot of things that are popular with modern gamers, these amiibo's and the pokemon-like "gotta get them all" mindset baffles me. Nintendo is genius at separating the masses from their money though I suppose.

theflea

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 10:19:23 pm »

Like a lot of things that are popular with modern gamers, these amiibo's and the pokemon-like "gotta get them all" mindset baffles me. Nintendo is genius at separating the masses from their money though I suppose.

I agree the Amiibo popularity is getting out of hand and resellers and jumping at the chance to make a quick buck and making certain figures hard to find. Main reason I want a set is one I like the figures in general (some more then others) and two I love how they look in my game room, I have these two support beams that they hang on perfect and I want to cover these in Amiibo Figures. I figure once all of the SSB figures are done these supports will be pretty much covered in figures.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

devancowan

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 10:24:04 pm »

I agree the Amiibo popularity is getting out of hand and resellers and jumping at the chance to make a quick buck and making certain figures hard to find. Main reason I want a set is one I like the figures in general (some more then others) and two I love how they look in my game room, I have these two support beams that they hang on perfect and I want to cover these in Amiibo Figures. I figure once all of the SSB figures are done these supports will be pretty much covered in figures.

It looks great the way you have the amiibos stacked up! You have everything spaced out so neat and tidy!

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 12:48:39 am »
:o

Very awesome, theflea...  Wow!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 04:23:39 am »
Got a pretty good haul and picked up some games:
- De Blob (Wii)
- MadWorld (Wii)

- Bulletstorm (360)
- Kameo (360)

- Primal (Ps2)
- State of Emergency (Ps2)

- Max Payne 2 (PC)
- Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Insider's Guide (PC)
- JURASSIC PARK OPERATION GENESIS (PC)

For a total of 25 euros
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 10:05:12 am »

Really fun game :)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 01:20:08 pm »

Really fun game :)
Finally a Licensed game that doesnt suck xd
Still have to try it out but I hope it'll be fun
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

davifus

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 05:23:15 pm »
Criminal girls LE
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

karyann

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 05:26:35 pm »

There's drool all over my keyboard now  :o That's so neatly stacked / displayed, I love it!

gf78

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 07:04:21 am »
My friend, that is a superb collection and a sweet setup. I wish I had the disposable income and space to keep a collection like that. Congratulations.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us