Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36692 times)

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 09:06:09 pm »
After two years, I finally got one of these for a reasonable price! SOOOOOO HAPPY :D !!!!

What is considered a reasonable price?

$130

soera

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 11:22:13 pm »
Awesome score. One of the greatest items in the world!

devancowan

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2015, 12:40:44 am »
After two years, I finally got one of these for a reasonable price! SOOOOOO HAPPY :D !!!!

$130

Im actually so Jealous...

karyann

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2015, 07:36:36 am »

$130

A very reasonable price indeed! Well done!  ;D

spac316

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2015, 04:06:31 pm »
First game for February.
I got Out of Gas for Game Boy. $3 at Goodwill!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2015, 12:10:48 am »
So I originally had the PS1 version of this. Somewhere along the lines, I lost it. I later acquired a Saturn version to replace. But I wasn't happy with it. The graphics weren't quite as good, and the game looked dark. So I recently picked this up at Goodwill (BTW, I have a disc only copy of Tomb Raider for Saturn in great condition for trade, plain case included  ;D )

And this was another 99Gamers acquisition, only $6! (game only, but for that price I'm not complaining, I'm loving these DS Dragon Quest games!):

Plus this one is one I've been wanting to play for a long time, as in decades. One of the first NES games I ever played, and owned was Pin-Bot. It was one of the games I got with my original NES as a kid. Played the hell out of it. This game here is an unofficial sequel. And both were done by none other than Rare:

And of course, I had to swing by Barnes & Noble to pick-up the latest issue of my favorite magazine running today. This month: A spotlight on the original PlayStation, and a tribute to the father of home consoles: Ralph Baer.

insektmute

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2015, 11:53:27 am »
Now that I'm *finally* back to work after a solid year of unemployment(!), and at a legit good job that pays a fair bit more than I was making before, I also finally picked up a PS4!

Provided I don't do anything stupid at work, this year should turn out to be very good for me gaming-wise :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2015, 02:39:12 pm »
Forgot to mention in my post above that I also picked up this guy for only $5. I played the demo years back, and I enjoyed it.

argyle

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2015, 10:35:52 pm »
Swung by Toys R Us tonight & found a used copy of Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space for the Wii for $8. That was an average price, but since I never see it around here & it looks brand new I was ok with it. While I was there I noticed a Pikmin 3 guide & decided to scan it at the price checker to see if they had marked it down. Turns out it had been pennied out - I was shocked, haven't come across any penny guides in the wild in a LONG time now! So I scanned all the Nintendo guides they had & also found these for the same price:

Nintendo Land
Lego City Undercover
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Very happy with that find! :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

theflea

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2015, 11:03:49 pm »
Hit many game stores and got a new game console thanks to a friend who sold it to me cheap.

Amiibo
Walked into a Best Buy and low and behold, this was on the rack.
- Sheik

XBone
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (brand new $10)

3DS
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- American Mensa Academy

VITA
- Sorcery Saga - Limited Edition
A friend was in need of cash and sold me his PS Vita Lite with 8MB card and charger for $100.
Now I can play some of these Vita games I've been picking up. lol

PS3
- Tears to Tiara II (with artbook) 

XB360
- Killer is Dead - Limited Edition
Brand new sealed for $19, sure why not.

PSP
- Invizimals: Shadow Zone ($5 brand new with camera)
- Hot Shots Tennis (new sealed for $3)

DC
Continuing my Dreamquest, found a few more games I'm missing.
- Alien Front Online
- Red Dog
- Bust A Move 4

JAG
Game store had these on sale.
- Raiden (CIB)
- Double Dragon V

SCD
- Prize Fighter (CIB) $3

And I just hit over 10,000 items listed on VGCollect.  :o
The 10,000th item is American Mensa Academy  :P
While I have 10,010 items listed on VGCollect, technically I only have 9936 items in my collection.
I have 74 games that are from XBLA listed and digital downloaded games don't really count.  ;)
So... the count down continues lol  ::)

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2015, 11:29:39 pm »
While I have 10,010 items listed on VGCollect, technically I only have 9936 items in my collection.
I have 74 games that are from XBLA listed and digital downloaded games don't really count.  ;)

Also, depending on whether I counted correctly or not, you can subtract 504 items from the list (hardware, accessories, etc.) and come to a total of 9432 games!

davifus

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2015, 11:42:02 pm »
Finally got it

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

theflea

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2015, 04:45:10 am »

Also, depending on whether I counted correctly or not, you can subtract 504 items from the list (hardware, accessories, etc.) and come to a total of 9432 games!

Nice of you going to the trouble lol
But when it comes to judging a person's total collection number. Hardware and Accessories do count towards a gaming collection, I'd also count variations. The only other things that I personally don't count are duplicates, swag, promotional items, action figures, soundtracks, toys, digital software, etc. while I have added a few of these, much of it was never added to VGCollects data base. As for beating the "world record" I believe its only Games and "maybe" full consoles. 

This is why when I counted down to 10,000 I only said "Items" and not games.  :P
But i'll do a countdown on "games" once i get closer to 10,000 just games. lol  ::)
Maybe by the end of the year....  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2015, 07:56:43 am »

Nice of you going to the trouble lol
But when it comes to judging a person's total collection number. Hardware and Accessories do count towards a gaming collection, I'd also count variations. The only other things that I personally don't count are duplicates, swag, promotional items, action figures, soundtracks, toys, digital software, etc. while I have added a few of these, much of it was never added to VGCollects data base. As for beating the "world record" I believe its only Games and "maybe" full consoles. 

This is why when I counted down to 10,000 I only said "Items" and not games.  :P
But i'll do a countdown on "games" once i get closer to 10,000 just games. lol  ::)
Maybe by the end of the year....  ;)

I wasn't trying to say that they shouldn't count, I was just trying to let people know how many games you had in case they were wondering. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals for the year, hopefully this will be the best year yet! Also, I noticed that you don't collect PC games. Are you planning on doing that sometime in the future?

thekosmickollector

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2015, 09:09:27 am »
Pickups for the weekend. C64 and PSP games were from a local shop, the others from charity shops. Came to about £31 in total, not too bad :)