Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36678 times)

argyle

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2015, 04:29:11 pm »
My friend at GS texted me today to let me know my 2 Shulks are there. I was going to keep one sealed, but another good friend missed out on the preorder so I'm letting him have my spare.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

theflea

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2015, 06:08:31 pm »
ya... so this came in the mail today...

I'm so happy to get...
GBA
-  Uno / Skip-Bo  SEALED!! ;D

Another game in my Dreamcast collection.  :D
DC
- Industrial Spy: Operation Espionage

And last some NES game, nothing special.   ::)  ::)  ::)

"Happy game hunting!!!"

retroone

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2015, 08:38:17 pm »
ya... so this came in the mail today...

I'm so happy to get...
GBA
-  Uno / Skip-Bo  SEALED!! ;D

Another game in my Dreamcast collection.  :D
DC
- Industrial Spy: Operation Espionage

And last some NES game, nothing special.   ::)  ::)  ::)

Bravo! Sweet Pickups!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2015, 11:45:45 pm »
Keep your doors looked flea or turf might be the next lucky owner of Little Sampson!

devancowan

« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2015, 10:18:18 am »
today has finally arrived!  :)
As well I finally opened up Persona Q after keeping it sealed for over 2 months aha 

theflea

« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2015, 10:18:55 am »
Well it keeps getting better. lol
This find comes with a story.  :P
I stopped at Target yesterday and asked if they had any of the New 3DS XL Majora's Mask Edition in stock for tomorrow, and the lady was nice enough to look and she said they had four in stock. So I'm thinking I better get here and wait outside the store early, so I get up at 1am and head over to Target and I see four people already in line.  :(

EVERYONE knew about this.... so I left figuring well I'm not getting one, Then I decided to travel to the next closest store, it was a smaller store about 20 miles away and I figured WTH.
I get there about 2am and there's no one waiting out side this Target. I thought this is ether good or bad, good I'm the only Idiot who is willing to show up this early. (lol) or bad they didn't get any in and everyone knew it. So I figured WTH I'll wait. So I waited in my car at first, then people started to fill the parking lot, So I headed over to sit by the door. Next thing I know two cop cars surround me and they ask what I'm doing? I told em I'm waiting for the store to open to get a New 3DS XL that comes out today and the cop laughed his ass off and they left. lol
The rest of the parking lot was mostly employees waiting for a Manager to let them in and I guess one called the cops on me. lol

A second guy with his wife showed up and we got to talking about games, memories playing games etc and he wanted two New 3DS XL's Majora's Mask one for him other for his kid (or so he said, I always figure anyone who wants more then one is looking to sell) :P so the two of us sat out there til about 6am not even knowing if this Target had any Majora's Mask systems in or not. Finally an employee asked us what we where waiting for and we told him and he said he'd go look for us.

So we wait and he comes back out and he tells us they got two in. Hurray!!! So I get one and this couple will get one. We wait a little longer and He comes out again and tells us That he was going to hold the two for us so We could just wait in our cars. And after going to my car then EVERYONE else started to show up. The first hour I told people what was going on, and most left. Once it got closer, (15 minutes til open) an old lady showed up with her son all mad that the two they had where being held for us. Guess she was hoping her son could out run us to it. lol

She started yelling at an employee about holding the two Majora's Mask systems and the employee told her these guys have been here sense 2am, so they have the right at the first two systems. 
So we got in and they all ran to the electronics, well the guy told us ours where held at customer service so the couple and me calmly walked over and bought our New Nintendo 3DS XL Majora's Mask and got the heck outta there.  ;D  I took a chance and it paid off.  ;)
I'm so happy I was able to get this.  ;D ;D ;D

While I still would have pre-ordered this online if I could have, It's kinda cool to get a story behind how I got mine.  8)
Ahhh the thrill of the hunt. lol  ::)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:30:45 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

devancowan

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2015, 10:28:16 am »
I stopped at Target yesterday and asked if they had any of the New 3DS XL Majora's Mask Edition in stock for tomorrow, and the lady was nice enough to look and she said they had four in stock. So I'm think I better get here and wait outside store early, so I get up at 1am and head over to Target and I see four people already in line.  :(

EVERYONE knew about this.... so I left figuring well I'm not getting one, Then I decided to travel to the next closest store, it was a smaller store about 20 miles away and I figured WTH.
I get there are 2am and there's no one waiting out side this Target. I thought well this is ether good or bad, good I'm the only Idiot who is willing to show up this early. lol or two they didn't get any in and everyone knew it. So I figured WTH I'll wait. So I waited in my car at first then people started to fill the parking lot, So I headed to sit by the door. Next thing I know two cop cars surround me and they ask what I'm doing? I told em I'm waiting for the store to open to get a New 3DS XL that comes out today and the cop laughed his ass off and they left. lol
The rest of the parking lot was mostly employees waiting for a Manager to let them in and I guess one called the cops on me. lol

A second guy with his wife showed up and we got to talking about games, memories playing games etc and he wanted two New 3DS XL's Majora's Mask one for him other for his kids (or so he said, I always figure anyone who wants more is looking to sell) :P so the two of us sat out there til about 6am not even knowing if this Target had any Majora's Mask systems in or not. Finally an employee asked us what we where waiting for and we told him and he said he'd go look for us.

So we wait and he comes back out and tells us they got two in. Hurray!!! So I get one and this couple get one. We wait a little longer and He comes out again and tells us That he was going to hold the two for us so We could just wait in our cars. And after going to my car then EVERYONE else started to show up. The first hour I told people what was going on, and most left. Once it got closer, (15 minutes til open) an old lady showed up with her son all mad that the two they had where being held for us. Guess she was hoping her son could out run us to it. lol

She started yelling at an employee about holding the two majora's Mask systems and the employee told her these guys have been here sense 2am, so they have the right at the first two systems. 
So we got in and they all ran to the electronics, well the guy told us ours where held at customer service so the couple and me calmly walked over and bought our New Nintendo 3DS XL Majora's Mask and got the heck outta there.  ;D  I took a chance and it paid off.  ;)

Thats actually an amazing story! A lot more adventurous then my pre order / lazy pick up an hour after eb games had already been open. lol! Some guy did offer to buy it off my in the store though! ahah  8)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2015, 02:09:52 pm »

I have awesome friends. Got these for free!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2015, 02:41:20 pm »
Great story! I like it when people who actually want the systems end up getting them!

I thought about going to wait for one this morning, but my daughter woke up in the middle of the night with a bad dream so I ended up laying down with her and fell asleep in her room by accident....  :o

Also I really didn't have the funds because I needed to spend some cash to make sure the misses knew she is loved for Valentine's Day. So it is best that I didn't make it out.

I stopped at Target yesterday and asked if they had any of the New 3DS XL Majora's Mask Edition in stock for tomorrow, and the lady was nice enough to look and she said they had four in stock. So I'm thinking I better get here and wait outside the store early, so I get up at 1am and head over to Target and I see four people already in line.  :(

I get there about 2am and there's no one waiting out side this Target. I thought this is ether good or bad, good I'm the only Idiot who is willing to show up this early. (lol) or bad they didn't get any in and everyone knew it. So I figured WTH I'll wait. So I waited in my car at first, then people started to fill the parking lot, So I headed over to sit by the door. Next thing I know two cop cars surround me and they ask what I'm doing? I told em I'm waiting for the store to open to get a New 3DS XL that comes out today and the cop laughed his ass off and they left. lol

A second guy with his wife showed up and we got to talking about games, memories playing games etc and he wanted two New 3DS XL's Majora's Mask one for him other for his kid (or so he said, I always figure anyone who wants more then one is looking to sell) :P so the two of us sat out there til about 6am not even knowing if this Target had any Majora's Mask systems in or not. Finally an employee asked us what we where waiting for and we told him and he said he'd go look for us.

So we wait and he comes back out and he tells us they got two in. Hurray!!! So I get one and this couple will get one. We wait a little longer and He comes out again and tells us That he was going to hold the two for us so We could just wait in our cars. And after going to my car then EVERYONE else started to show up. The first hour I told people what was going on, and most left. Once it got closer, (15 minutes til open) an old lady showed up with her son all mad that the two they had where being held for us. Guess she was hoping her son could out run us to it. lol

She started yelling at an employee about holding the two Majora's Mask systems and the employee told her these guys have been here sense 2am, so they have the right at the first two systems. 

While I still would have pre-ordered this online if I could have, It's kinda cool to get a story behind how I got mine.  8)
Ahhh the thrill of the hunt. lol  ::)

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2015, 03:35:23 pm »
Those Majora's Mask 3DS's make me sad  :'(

But I'll live somehow.  Have till next week to get my Majora's Mask Limited Edition game along with my New 3DS, which might be in tomorrow.  In the meantime, I picked up the last collectors's edition they had of the strategy guide.  Doesn't seem like anyone else has this around me.  A few of the regular one though.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:42:11 pm by kamikazekeeg »

karyann

« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2015, 06:35:15 pm »
Hori Controller finally came in after being in the transition for about 2 week and a half.

It looks awesome! Nice buy :)

I was walking into Gamestop yesterday and the regional manager I talk to alot was dealing with some goofy looking dude trying to sell a PS3. I overheard the conversation about he came in previously and they told him to come back yesterday with an actual controller with the system. Apparently the person he dealt with the day before neglected to mention that it had to be an actual Sony brand controller and that they still wouldnt buy the system. He packed up his stuff and walked out. I asked my buddy if he was done with him and he was like yeah, go for it. I followed him into the parking lot and asked what was up. He told me that his friend sold his own PS3 to them a few days previously for $55 and he wanted to do the same. I offered him $50 and he bit. He handed me two bags. The first one had the system, the cables and a trashed black Sony controller. The second one had a brand new green wireless Afterglow controller (even still had the receipt in the bag where he paid $27+ tax for the controller the day before). I brought it home, plugged it in and made sure it powered on. After that, I went and reformatted the whole thing. Took almost a full day but now I have a 250 gig PS3 for the bedroom with a brand new controller to go with it for $50. And the Afterglow controller was one of the 2 I didnt have in my collection anyhow so its a bonus. :D

Oh yeah, and after I got it, I went back inside and picked up a brand new copy of Thief on the PS4 for $20.  :P

Cool story, gotta love when you find a missing piece like that  ;D

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2015, 06:42:17 pm »
No 3DS for me :(
Picked up a strange Wii game xd
Another code R: A journey into lost memories

Is this a good game?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

spac316

« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2015, 08:54:03 pm »
I recently got Urban Reign and Pac-Man Fever for PS2 and a few Atari themed Hotwheels. Also bought Star Wars Arcade for 32X, Rescue Mission for SMS and WCW for NES!

abe

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2015, 10:23:34 pm »
Those Atari Hotwheels are awesome! ;D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2015, 11:05:12 pm »
flea I'm jealous. Nice one on that Samson. I will have it.