Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36800 times)

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2015, 07:10:59 pm »
Went to a church sale today that happens every weekend but is usually weak in gaming or anything interesting, great for people who need clothes and appliances cheap so I decided to go to see if I could find any treasures or a toaster which is desperately needed if I wish to make grilled cheese again without using a pan that i then have to clean :p and ended up walking out with a brand new winnie the pooh uno, a complete copy of blast lacrosse on ps1, complete copy of wild arms 1 for ps1, just the disc of the lunar 2 soundtrack, and a cute mug for valentine's day all for $1.35 :)

davifus

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2015, 07:35:42 pm »
Went to a church sale today that happens every weekend but is usually weak in gaming or anything interesting, great for people who need clothes and appliances cheap so I decided to go to see if I could find any treasures or a toaster which is desperately needed if I wish to make grilled cheese again without using a pan that i then have to clean :p and ended up walking out with a brand new winnie the pooh uno, a complete copy of blast lacrosse on ps1, complete copy of wild arms 1 for ps1, just the disc of the lunar 2 soundtrack, and a cute mug for valentine's day all for $1.35 :)

"or a toaster which is desperately needed if I wish to make grilled cheese again without using a pan that i then have to clean :p "
> Heads out for toaster
> Comes back with games
> Good day but more pan cleaning now.   
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2015, 02:55:39 pm »
Picked up Dynasty Warriors Next for the Vita. I know next to nothing about the quality of this game, but it was fairly cheap so I thought 'why not?' :P I'll probably give it a try in a couple of weeks.

This game was sort of a let down for me. I wasn't prepared for little screen Dynasty battles. Also I had a hard time determining what difficulty level to set the game at. Seemed like things were way too easy, or starting to get too difficult if I went to high.

The "online" feature was pretty silly too.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

karyann

« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2015, 04:05:10 pm »
Seems like it was a good idea to go in the toys section at the dollar store!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2015, 05:04:39 pm »
Got Majora's Mask 3D and it's LE Strategy guide.
also the screen protectors and 32gb micro SD for the 3DS+ which doesn't look like it will be shipping anytime soon.  >:(

On the bright side my Super Fighting Robot Amiibo came in today

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2015, 05:59:36 pm »
My wife is awesome!

I came into my room after coming back from getting my stereo replaced in my car (from it getting broke into and stolen). And in my room is a GameStop bag that says Happy Valentine's Day with this inside!

Not completely a bad day after all...   ;D

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2015, 02:38:32 am »
Picked up a few games for my new Wii U. Already came with Nintendo Land and Super Mario 3D World, which I'm having a blast with. But I also had to get these ones:

numing

« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2015, 06:22:09 am »
Picked up Dynasty Warriors Next for the Vita. I know next to nothing about the quality of this game, but it was fairly cheap so I thought 'why not?' :P I'll probably give it a try in a couple of weeks.

This game was sort of a let down for me. I wasn't prepared for little screen Dynasty battles. Also I had a hard time determining what difficulty level to set the game at. Seemed like things were way too easy, or starting to get too difficult if I went to high.

The "online" feature was pretty silly too.

Decided to play a bit after reading your reply. Thankfully you kept my expectations from getting too high! The difficulty confused me a bit as well. A beginner AND an easy mode? I found that a bit odd. The camera and touch screen mini games are a bit annoying as well, though it didn't stop me from playing 3 hours straight.

Not sure I'll bother with its "online" feature...

argyle

« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2015, 08:56:48 am »
also the screen protectors and 32gb micro SD for the 3DS+ which doesn't look like it will be shipping anytime soon.  >:(

Lemme guess, yours is coming from Best Buy too?  >:(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2015, 11:34:13 am »

My Best Buy preorder is supposed to come tomorrow. I even saw one available at Walmart the morning of release, but I thought for sure my preorder would arrive in a reasonable amount of time.

No more Best Buy preorders.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2015, 12:56:23 pm »

I've been very vocal about how best buy f#@ßed it up. I emailed asking why it hasn't shipped yet and I basically got an answer that sounds like "yeah we'll contact you when we ship it until then leave us alone" with some noticeable misspellings. If they had said that they didn't get enough in to fulfill all the preorders... well I would've pointed out the that it was still available to order online on friday but I would've been more understanding of that.

argyle

« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2015, 01:56:01 pm »
Yeah, as of now I'm only preordering things from BB that are going to be extremely mainstream/common, unless I have no other choice (as was the case w/ my MM New 3DS).  They screwed me over 3 times in a row on preorders, twice on Amiibos (and I *still* haven't found the Captain Falcon I had preordered from them & then they failed to deliver  >:() and once on the LE of Guilty Gear Xrd.

Honestly, I wouldn't preorder ANYTHING else from them except that the 20% off new games is too big of a discount for me to turn down. It is ridiculous that they haven't even shipped my system when status has been "preparing order" since Thursday I believe.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2015, 02:32:32 pm »
Yeah, as of now I'm only preordering things from BB that are going to be extremely mainstream/common, unless I have no other choice (as was the case w/ my MM New 3DS).  They screwed me over 3 times in a row on preorders, twice on Amiibos (and I *still* haven't found the Captain Falcon I had preordered from them & then they failed to deliver  >:() and once on the LE of Guilty Gear Xrd.

Honestly, I wouldn't preorder ANYTHING else from them except that the 20% off new games is too big of a discount for me to turn down. It is ridiculous that they haven't even shipped my system when status has been "preparing order" since Thursday I believe.

I had a really good experience with preordering Bravely Default Limited Edition using Best Buy so I thought I would go ahead and get the New 3ds. Big mistake...

EDIT: Sorry for the rest of you, but I did just check UPS and at least it is supposed to deliver today now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:34:33 pm by DreamsDied13101 »

« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2015, 02:58:31 pm »
While still annoyed I didn't get my Majora's Mask New 3DS, I did get my 50 dollar cheaper regular one in today.  Just gonna run out to get myself a larger microsdhc card to put in this for lasting space and I'll be playing it tonight.  Should be getting my Majora's Mask game in tomorrow.

gf78

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2015, 03:13:28 pm »
I don't order, pre-order or anything from Best Buy any more!  The last thing I ordered was when New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS was released.  I ordered it online for my youngest daughter.  It shipped on time and arrived promptly.  And that's when the trouble started.

I opened the box to find a Apple Magic Mouse inside.  WTF I thought.  I looked at the invoice, which was to some other person.  But the invoice didn't match the mouse.  It was an invoice for a Canon digital camera!  So not only did I gets somebody else's mouse, someone else got a game they didn't order and yet another person got a camera they didn't order!   >:(  How do you dingle-d!ck things up that bad??

I called them about it right away.  The rep told me sorry and they would ship a new game out to me ASAP and told me to drop the mouse off at the UPS store.  Being that there was no return label, I knew UPS wouldn't take it.  I asked him and he said "yeah, uh.  They should take it no problem."  Ok.....so when I was in town, I went by the UPS store and told them what the Best Buy rep had relayed to me.  The guy working there looked at me and said "Uhmm...no.  That's not how it works."  So I took it back home with me and called Best Buy back again.  This time, they said they would send me a return shipping label.  I waited about 3 weeks.  No label ever arrived, but my replacement game did registered mail.  I guess they thought I was lying about the whole thing.

After no replacement label came, I threw that mouse up for sale on Amazon for $10 less than retail price and sold it within an hour.  So I guess I made out on the whole deal, but what a friggin' PITA and making my little girl wait to play Mario. :-\
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us