Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36745 times)

bobster

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2015, 02:18:31 pm »
I JUST saw the trailer to this one the other day, and it was epic. I had to play it after seeing that trailer.

I should probably get this game.

I've thought that for years and never followed through. :)
I can't speak to the Wii U version, but the PC game was very satisfying. Definitely a good addition to the Deus Ex franchise.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #271 on: February 28, 2015, 02:54:38 pm »
I JUST saw the trailer to this one the other day, and it was epic. I had to play it after seeing that trailer.

I can't speak to the Wii U version, but the PC game was very satisfying. Definitely a good addition to the Deus Ex franchise.

I've never played another Deus Ex game before (but the series is on my radar, now). Do I need to know anything before going into this game to understand what's going on?

« Reply #272 on: February 28, 2015, 02:55:55 pm »
Continuing my quest to acquire classic PC games from the 80's and 90's, I picked up Worms Armageddon and Lucasarts Volume II the Star Wars collection on ebay - both CIB

bobster

« Reply #273 on: February 28, 2015, 04:13:28 pm »

I've never played another Deus Ex game before (but the series is on my radar, now). Do I need to know anything before going into this game to understand what's going on?
Nope I think it's pretty standalone.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #274 on: February 28, 2015, 06:47:07 pm »
Cool, thank you.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #275 on: February 28, 2015, 08:10:36 pm »

Woo hoo!!! Just got this in a trade, soundtrack included.

Now the only game in the series I still need is Majora's Mask! (Not counting the CD-i ones, because I don't own a CD-i nor do I plan to.) I don't think that will be happening any time soon, though, since renewed interest in that game (thanks to the 3DS version) has jacked up the prices a little. Have to wait for that to cool down, first.

gio

« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2015, 06:31:28 am »
Bought a ton of games last month, but the highlight was probably this for a good deal. Apparently Kid Icarus is increasingly hard to find these days.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2015, 07:45:39 am »
Hmm, The Flea found the digiblast  :'(

Now I gotta try and get a Blue one, or the Silver one.
I was surprised how tiny this system is, for some reason I always thought it was the size of a Nomad, but its more the size of a GBA SP closed.

I might have a spare blue one, but not boxed.

gf78

« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2015, 08:21:10 pm »
A few finds yesterday. Picked up a new copy of The Elder Scrolls Anthology and Super Mario 3D Land. But the highlight had to have been Metal Gear Solid 2 for PS2. Was browsing the used games at V Stock and picked up MGS2. They shrink wrap their games, but I noticed under the wrap the top sticker seal. Closer examination revealed the "Y seam" on the top n bottom as well as the little pull strip that cuts through the celophane and the plastic stick-on hanger on the back. Picked it up for $6.99 and after pulling the price sticker off and the plastic they put on, it's damn near perfect.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2015, 09:56:30 pm »
Just bought a few games this week-end: Tomodachi Life (3DS) and Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita)

And also, I finally put my hands on the Majora's Mask limited edition that I had shipped to my parents' by mistake. Glad to finally have that Skull Kid on my desk!

argyle

« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2015, 11:22:27 pm »
It's nice to have friends at GS. :) I snagged this standee today:

IMG_4418

And here's a Borderlands: The Handsome Collection poster that I got Friday (I think this one is a preorder bonus or something):

IMG_4419
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

spac316

« Reply #281 on: March 02, 2015, 05:24:19 am »
Last Saturday, Feb. 28th, I bought Doom 3: BFG Edition for PS3 and a Shiek amiibo.

devancowan

« Reply #282 on: March 02, 2015, 09:50:59 am »

IMG_4418

And here's a Borderlands: The Handsome Collection poster that I got Friday (I think this one is a preorder bonus or something):

IMG_4419

I was going to ask my local EB games If I could have that standee as well! Looks beautiful !

gf78

« Reply #283 on: March 02, 2015, 10:26:24 am »

I got that standee!  But...I traded it for a Indigo Gamecube in box, six PS1 games, an Indigo GameBoy Advance and a Atomic Purple (I believe that is the color) GameBoy Color.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

argyle

« Reply #284 on: March 02, 2015, 11:12:08 am »

I got that standee!  But...I traded it for a Indigo Gamecube in box, six PS1 games, an Indigo GameBoy Advance and a Atomic Purple (I believe that is the color) GameBoy Color.

Wow, someone *really* wanted it!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis