Author Topic: Sequels, Reboots, Crossovers, or Remasters you have been waiting for.  (Read 2915 times)

silversyx

We all want Half-Life 3, Shenmue III, Mega Man Legends 3 and many other sequels. Square Enix blue-balled everyone at the Sony conference because we all want Final Fantasy 7 HD.

Are there any other games that have been teased that you wish could finally be a reality? And how come these companies won't make them when there seems to be enough of a fan base to actually buy them? (We all wanted another Mega Man game and Mighty No. 9 is that relief)

Do you think major Devs/Publishers should go to Kickstarter?

devancowan

Re: Sequels, Reboots, Crossovers, or Remasters you have been waiting for.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:06:57 pm »
I want Ni No Kuni on the Vita or ads/N3ds since I don't have a ps3 anymore! Iv even been tempted to imported it for the the DS!

retroone

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 09:16:03 pm »
This list could go on forever!
Crash Bandicoot
Sonic Adventure 3
Banjo-Threeie
Tomba! 3
Team Fortress 3
Just to name a few.....

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 09:22:41 pm »
Brutal Legend 2
Mega Man Legends 3
Banjo-Threeie
Okami 2 (Wii U of course)
Command & Conquer Reboot - I'm not as big of a strategy fan as I use to be, but there was something about the old C&C games that I loved, the ridiculous characters and units, cheesy live action cutscenes, but the series just didn't continue to be great and it's basically died off.  I'd more specifically like to see a reboot to the Red Alert ideas.  I've been playing Grey Goo which is a familiar style of strategy game to that, but it's kinda boring with its setting and units, that it's hard to get really excited compared to have Mammoth tanks and explosive dogs and tesla coils lol

abe

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:58:50 pm »
Here's a few series I'd love to see more sequels for
-Banjo Kazooie
-Dungeon Keeper
-Earthbound/Mother
-Makai Kingdom
-Mega Man Legends
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 11:26:08 pm »
Still Waiting to hear about
Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei

want a new
Custom Robo
No More Heroes

Want the prequels of
Sakura wars

Want a Reboot of
Soul Calibur

want a crossover of
Mario & Sonic (not at the Olympics)
Fire Emblem & Samurai Warriors

spac316

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 05:55:38 am »
I want to see a crossover of Konami & Capcom. Just think, Mega Man and Contra, Metal gear and Bionic Commando, Street Fighter vs. Martial Champion, Castlevania and Ghosts N' Goblins, Strider and Goemon...Silent Hill and Resident Evil!

I know both companies are not what they used to be today but this is for the Nostalgia. I also would like to see Konami and Namco Bandai!

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 07:58:24 am »
Sequel/Reboot wanted: Rogue Squadron

Crossover not wanted: Star Wars, Marvel Kingdom Hearts

argyle

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 09:19:29 am »
Tomba! 3

Man, if only Whoopee Camp were still around.  :'(

-Dungeon Keeper

I still remember watching the Dungeon Keeper 3 teaser trailer that was included on the DK2 disk and thinking "Oh man, that's gonna be SO good!" ...and then Bullfrog fell apart. :( They were my all-time favorite PC dev, I had gotten to where I would buy their games just because their name was on the box, not knowing anything else about them, and I don't remember ever being disappointed. Molyneux by himself hasn't made anything that's come close to what he did with Bullfrog IMO - truly a case where the whole was greater than the sum of its parts.

OK, now for my list. :)

Dark Cloud 3 - would LOVE for this to happen, tho it's looking more & more like Level 5 has no interest in revisiting this series.

Asura's Wrath 2 - a true hidden gem from last gen, I'd love to see a follow up to this one.

Culdcept for current gen w/ GOOD online play - Didn't care for the way they handled online in the 360 Culdcept. A good friend and I used to love playing the PS2 version against the CPU, and that wasn't an option when playing Culdcept Saga online.

Wild Arms 6
Suikoden 6
Shadow Hearts 4 - Three series I would love to see make a comeback.

Xenosaga Collection - Even if they just bumped up the resolution, added trophies & put them all on one disk I'd buy that set.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 09:30:25 am »
heh, I'd only have interest in 2 of the previously listed ones -

Makai Kingdom sequel + Sakura Wars prequels.

Series that I'd want compiled & in HD the most =

Shadow Hearts - (preferably with Koudelka)

and

the game that I'd most want a sequel to - hell, I'd be more than satisfied with another game with dat' same kick-ass cast - even if it was unrelated to the game =

Cross Edge!

*EDIT*

I must have been making my post @ the same time that Greg was making his, because - I'd buy that Xenosaga set too.

I wouldn't mind a sequel to La Pucelle, either ;D

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:35:17 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 08:00:54 pm »
I have always wanted to see a sequel to Crystalis. The greatest action-RPG on the NES. It perfectly blended RPG elements and Zelda-like gameplay and had a great sci-fi story (for the time, we're talking an NES plot). But very soon after making the game, SNK focused on fighters and Metal Slug mostly, so we never saw a sequel.

bobster

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 09:11:25 am »
I have always wanted to see a sequel to Crystalis. The greatest action-RPG on the NES. It perfectly blended RPG elements and Zelda-like gameplay and had a great sci-fi story (for the time, we're talking an NES plot). But very soon after making the game, SNK focused on fighters and Metal Slug mostly, so we never saw a sequel.

+1 for truth.

I'm a huge fan of this game.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 11:29:45 am »
I am waiting for Ace Combat to go back to its old way..... Going back to strangereal, mysterious pilot, great storyline. Just like they had in on the ps2 (04, 5, Zero). I hated ACAH and ACI........

VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 12:15:37 pm »
Here's what I want.

Final Fantasy VII Remake.  Not an HD port like Square-Enix kicked us in the nuts with at PlayStation Experience. 

Nintendo Franchise Collections.  Wanna boost Wii U sales Nintendo?  Release deluxe, boxed sets (think Wii's Mario All-Stars release) with a commemorative book, soundtrack CD and most importantly...every game from that game series made up to and through the Gamecube!  I'm talking about a Zelda collection with every single Zelda game pre-Skyward Sword.  Zelda, Adventure of Link, Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and everything in between.  Do this for all your big series.  Who the hell wouldn't buy a Donkey Kong collection with Donkey Kong, DK Jr., DK Country 1-3 and DK 64???  As a collector's set, Nintendo could sell these for $60 new or maybe a bit more with the deluxe packaging and gamers would gobble that crap up!

And tying in with the "Franchise Collections" Nintendo should re-release the entries in these great series that appeared on the original Wii with an HD upgrade for the Wii U.

At this point, Nintendo would be tugging at gamers nostalgia, their desire for collector's editions reasonably priced and make the Wii U the best Nintendo console ever.  I don't give a crap about downloading games.  I hate downloading games.  But to hold these games, all on a physical disc, in a collector's set that shows the reverence that these great franchises deserve, Nintendo wouldn't be able to print them fast enough.

...Oh, and Nintendo....don't do some limited run BS or store exclusives like you have been doing with the Amiibo's.  Full.  Retail.  Release.  You will sell millions.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 04:17:57 am »
REMASTER:
Skies Of Arcadia (PS3):  They have Vyse, Aika, and Fina (sort of) as characters in Valkyria Chronicles.  They were going to port the game on the PS2 but that was cancelled.

REBOOT:
Suikoden (Sony):  Didn't enjoy Suikoden Tierkreis on the DS.  Still love the PlayStation series, though.

SEQUEL:
Freedom Fighters (Multiplatform): Want to know what happens next to Christopher Stone and his crew.
X-Men: Legends (Multiplatform): Want to see what happens next.  Wasn't really into Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

Please check out the games I have for sale.