Author Topic: Dragon Heroes Coming West  (Read 5692 times)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

Dragon Heroes Coming West
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:10:49 am »
Square Enix announced that Dragon Quest Heroes is coming west in 2015!

Now if only we could get the Special Edition Dragon Quest PS4.... dreams....

Not to mention all of the other DQ games we have missed in the past years....

I have to stop before I can't see through my tears. Tears of joy mixed with tears of sadness. 
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

abe

Re: Dragon Heroes Coming West
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:19:02 am »
Maybe if it sells well enough and we're lucky, Square Enix will start localizing some of the other DQ games we've missed. :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 01:22:46 pm »
Possibly another reason to get a PS4.  I'm not sure.  I really liked Hyrule Warriors, but a lot of that is because I love Zelda.  Never played Dragon Quest at all.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 01:56:17 pm »
Possibly another reason to get a PS4.  I'm not sure.  I really liked Hyrule Warriors, but a lot of that is because I love Zelda.  Never played Dragon Quest at all.

From the videos it looks better than a typical Dynasty Warriors rip off. Some western sites will be posting review of it soon if you aren't sold on the Famitsu scores. They seem to be biased and everything DQ gets good ratings from at least two of the staff members every time.

I had a PS4 at launch and ended up selling it after I played a few games and didn't find anything else I wanted to play.

I'm looking forward to picking up Dragon Quest Heroes and Final Fantasy Type 0 though. Might even play some Final Fantasy XIV. 

So I'll have to pony up $400 again.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 06:55:08 pm »
Is DQ Theatrhythm coming over?

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 07:15:11 pm »
Is DQ Theatrhythm coming over?

Hasn't been announced yet and thus every night I shed a single tear.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

soera

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 10:03:05 pm »
I posted some info about DQ heroes localization earlier today. This is fabulous news.  ;D

As far as Theatrhythm and any other recent DQ game (X, VII 3D, etc) nothing has been announced. Im pretty sure that X is a no go, VII 3D really should happen and rhythm is probably a no as well.  :-\

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 01:17:35 am »
I posted some info about DQ heroes localization earlier today. This is fabulous news.  ;D

As far as Theatrhythm and any other recent DQ game (X, VII 3D, etc) nothing has been announced. Im pretty sure that X is a no go, VII 3D really should happen and rhythm is probably a no as well.  :-\

Dragon Quest IX sold a little over 1 million copies in the west.
Dragon Quest IV DS games took in 300,000 or less
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - which they heavily advertised did even worse.
Even lower sales for the other Dragon Quest games like V and VI

I think Square Enix is done for now sending us DQ games for Nintendo consoles.

I thought there might be a chance to see Theatrhythm because of how well Final Fantasy sold, but I've heard there are even less tracks in the new game. So I doubt we will see it unless they wait until a "Curtain Call" style re-release happens.

I'm almost certain we won't see Dragon Quest X (especially since it is a Nintendo/PC exclusive). I realize it was also released on Android or something, but that won't happen here in the west either.

soera

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 02:43:23 pm »
DQ sadly hasn't been received like FF here in the west :( kinda sad because DQM is one of my favorite GBC games.

soera

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 02:22:31 pm »
Not sure if they know more than what has been mentioned but Best buy has a pre-order for DQ heroes and lists the release date as 10-13-15.

argyle

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 03:34:11 pm »
Not sure if they know more than what has been mentioned but Best buy has a pre-order for DQ heroes and lists the release date as 10-13-15.

Was kinda hoping it would hit this summer, but then again that WOULD space it apart from One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 10:10:17 am »
Havent posted on this in a while but time for some updates. The game comes out in less than 2 weeks (10/13). Almost every place offers the day one edition as part of pre-order but there are a few additions. Gamestop offers a fabric banner with pre-orders and is offering both day one and slime collector's edition. Square Enix store offers the slime collectors edition with additional in-game items and maps as well as the DQ III hero costumes for Luceus and Aurora. Playstation store offers a DQ theme and a Goolden axe for Yangus. There are several videos out showing intros of the game. This one is the latest which shows all the characters and what the mini medals do in the game : http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/3876.html Here is some in-game play from PAX prime : http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/3707.html and here is the actual trailer : http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/3689.html. Best buy and Gamestop offer playable demos on their in-store kiosks as well as a video of that same trailer. In additional news, all of the DLC that was available in Japan will be free here included on disk : http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/3771.html. Now time for some images.
Day one addition DLC  -

Slime collectors edition SE version with all the additional DLC -

Gamestop exclusive fabric banner -

All in all, a fantastic game draws near!

gf78

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 11:26:21 am »
How big is the banner?  I have mine preordered from Gamestop and paid in full.  The banner art looks sweet with minimal detractions from the art itself!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 12:14:45 pm »
Im not entirely sure yet. The one I work at hasnt gotten them in yet but the moment I get them in, Ill get one and get dimensions. :)