Author Topic: What to do with loose games?  (Read 15259 times)

scott

Re: What to do with loose games?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 10:14:35 pm »

@darko So the GB and GBC games will actually clip into the GBA holder? and rest on the DS holder? Man that's some impressive effort into making them fit. haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 10:57:39 pm »
It's an interesting situation, that's for sure. The games fit upside down in the case perfectly. Or, you can cut part of the plastic above the GBA holder to make them fit  right side up. I'm going with upside down. It gets even better when you add a  GB manual since they are a few centimeters too long to fit in the DS manual spot. More cutting..yeah.

I'm probably going to either A) buy a dremel or B) loose my mind cutting away at 30 of these bastards with a box cutter.

scott

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 09:48:06 am »
Haha ya ill pass on making them work for my gb games... I have double that and would eventually slice off a finger.

scott

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 05:29:17 pm »
I just ordered 30 DS boxes so I can put my GBA games in them. woot. Hopefully it turns into a nice little art project.

darko

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 12:21:14 am »
They will look great! I have to get one done for Ninja Five-O now :)

ffxik

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 12:32:14 am »
If anyone has any trouble finding DS cases here is a link to get some after market cases. 

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/supermediastore-standard-size-nintendo-single-black-ds-case-50pk?utm_source=cj&utm_term=AC-001-2985&utm_medium=aff&utm_content=CD%2FDVD+Cases&utm_campaign=googleBase+-+AC

Someone at TCP has already created a thread for these, concerning quility and etc.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=10349.0

I will say they are cheap, but you get what you pay for. 

darko

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 12:38:18 am »
I would still order them from Nintendo as long as they are available. They're not price prohibitive and they're the real deal!

ffxik

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 12:40:41 am »
I don't blame you,  but from what I have heard they are phasing out the DS cases with the GBA slot.   :-\

darko

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 12:41:55 am »
Well that sucks!

I have ~ 20 left over since I decided that making cases for GB/GBC games is too much of a pain. Glad I stocked up!

scott

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 01:39:40 am »
I ordered 3 sets of 10 and they were $7 per. So that's less then buck a piece. Suuuuuper reasonable.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:58:59 am by scott »

scott

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 02:00:23 am »
Well that sucks!

I have ~ 20 left over since I decided that making cases for GB/GBC games is too much of a pain. Glad I stocked up!

Also I'm in no way ever doing game boy games. With over 60 of them that would be so much work it'd prolly lop off a finger.

blipcs76

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 09:25:51 am »
Most of my loose carts are stacked on my game shelves.  Discs are much easier to deal with, however.  I've bought a few games on disc that were missing the artwork, so I downloaded replacements from cdcovers.cc and printed them out.  Most are pretty common games (Marvel vs. Capcom 2 [DC] being my only valuable game with a printed insert), so I just printed them out on regular printer paper and cut it to fit a dvd or jewel case.  You can tell pretty easily when you pull it off the shelf, but stacked up with everything else it's hard to notice.

htimreimer

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 10:19:48 am »
i have some loose games that i would to have box for but nobody makes reproductions of nes or gen boxes but thankfully saskatchewan has a lot nes and gen boxes for some reason

scott

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 01:30:42 pm »
My 30 DS boxes arrived today, time to start working on my custom labels, wootwoot.

scott

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 12:13:11 am »
I was looking at that NeoGAF thread about the minimalist covers, and I think I may try going the route of that ICO & Shadow of the Colossus cover.