Author Topic: The Nintendo "NX"  (Read 26130 times)

gf78

Re: The Nintendo "NX"
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2016, 01:53:17 pm »
That last EGM magazine I saw was the 2016 game preview issue. I haven't seen a monthly issue all year long.

Hmmm....You may be right as I haven't looked for the last few months.  They may have folded up again and are just doing the Walmart Game Center magazine now.

But in any event, the Quarterman column is in the Walmart rag now.  EGM hasn't been worth a crap or relevant since several years before they folded up and went kaput the first time.  Video game magazines are more nostalgia now for most people as information is disseminated online now within seconds.  There is no need to wait for a monthly magazine to get your gaming news. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2016, 06:15:44 pm »
Both controller leaks were confirmed to be hoaxes.  I really hope we get a tease before E3.  Maybe announce the most basic idea for it, like give the name, maybe a teasing glance of the system, or hint at it's hardware features, and then plan the big reveal in June.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2016, 09:13:06 pm »
Thank God.

« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2016, 12:01:53 pm »
A fun little bit of Zelda rumor, in that it is looking more likely to be a dual release like Twilight Princess.  Along with that, there's talk of Link being either Male or Female by choice, and finally that voice acting will be properly in the game, but Link kept silent, which is a smart combination, because then it just means they don't have to record the script twice with two different genders.  This is all very likely stuff and I think Linkle garnering a fanbase might have helped with the gender option perhaps.  I'd actually love this option, because I would play as one gender first and then another playthrough I'd switch and freshen up those "YAH!'s" abit lol

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/04/08/looking-latest-batch-zelda-rumors/

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2016, 12:33:30 pm »
Hmmm. Which version will be better? The last time this happened with Twilight Princess, the GameCube version was actually the more sought-after one.

rayne315

« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2016, 01:10:55 pm »
Hmmm. Which version will be better? The last time this happened with Twilight Princess, the GameCube version was actually the more sought-after one.

better will be whichever controller feels more comfortable to you. but as for sought after goes it will probably be NX will be the most sought after for a few months- half a year or so because everyone will be slowly upgrading to the nx but as for long term I can guarantee that the Wii U version will hold out as most expensive.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2016, 01:33:47 pm »

The GC version was preferred cause of the lack of motion controls and playable on both systems.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2016, 01:44:26 pm »

The GC version was preferred cause of the lack of motion controls and playable on both systems.

I know, which is why I'm wondering. Who knows what Nintendo will unleash on us, next. While those last controller leaks turned out to be fakes, the patents filed for the controllers still look similar to the leaked controllers.

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2016, 03:19:29 am »
The system is now confirmed for a March 17 2017 global release.

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/04/27/nintendos-next-system-arriving-march-2017/

JUST as I was typing out more about the lookout for the rest of the year for Nintendo, such as Zelda NEEDING to come out this year, it's been confirmed to be delayed to 2017, all but guaranteeing a twin release on the NX and Wii U.  I'm surprised.  It's gonna miss the 30th anniversary of Zelda which is kinda of a small disappointment in that regard.  Man, this is gonna be a boring year for Nintendo with how little is coming out for either handheld or Wii U.

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/04/27/zelda-wii-u-delayed-2017/

Nintendo is also making this E3 focused on the new Zelda, I imagine giving us the full reveal on gameplay, it's name, and all the goodies we've been waiting for, but won't be detailing the NX at all.  That's a weird choice, though I feel like they'd at least reveal something...at least the name of it at the very end of the event to say that'll it'll release both on Wii U and whatever the NX will be called.

And just to add, here's abit of new art for Zelda that seems to confirm his blue look we saw from before and some sort of book that I'm guessing is the hook of the story perhaps?  I like it, I just turned it into a really awesome background I found for the new Zelda lol

Things continue to get weirder, Zelda is not only the focus for E3 in terms of their Direct, but it'll be the only game available on the floor.  I mean, they are only going to promote a game that won't release this year? What about Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Pokemon? That Kirby game? Paper Mario? It's not like they have many games releasing this year.  I know they'll have big reveals elsewhere on their own time, but E3 is still kind of a good way to lay out the rest of the year for everyone.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:54:07 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2016, 07:55:24 am »
Nintendo just taking a year off.. totally normal thing for a company to do..

Who's ready for Nintendo to go full SEGA in 2018?

« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2016, 08:08:47 am »

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/04/27/nintendos-next-system-arriving-march-2017/

JUST as I was typing out more about the lookout for the rest of the year for Nintendo, such as Zelda NEEDING to come out this year, it's been confirmed to be delayed to 2017, all but guaranteeing a twin release on the NX and Wii U.  I'm surprised.  It's gonna miss the 30th anniversary of Zelda which is kinda of a small disappointment in that regard.  Man, this is gonna be a boring year for Nintendo with how little is coming out for either handheld or Wii U.

Nintendo is also making this E3 focused on the new Zelda, I imagine giving us the full reveal on gameplay, it's name, and all the goodies we've been waiting for, but won't be detailing the NX at all.  That's a weird choice, though I feel like they'd at least reveal something...at least the name of it at the very end of the event to say that'll it'll release both on Wii U and whatever the NX will be called.

And just to add, here's abit of new art for Zelda that seems to confirm his blue look we saw from before and some sort of book that I'm guessing is the hook of the story perhaps?  I like it, I just turned it into a really awesome background I found for the new Zelda lol

Things continue to get weirder, Zelda is not only the focus for E3 in terms of their Direct, but it'll be the only game available on the floor.  I mean, they are only going to promote a game that won't release this year? What about Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Pokemon? That Kirby game? Paper Mario? It's not like they have many games releasing this year.  I know they'll have big reveals elsewhere on their own time, but E3 is still kind of a good way to lay out the rest of the year for everyone.
Everything I'm hearing about Nintendo (Except that the NX releases in March 2017 and that there will be new smartphone apps featuring Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem) is coming from WSJ, and those are the folks who claimed NX was coming out this year, Nintendo will no longer support the Wii U/3DS, and other erroneous bs. So I say take anything WSJ says with a metric ton of salt.

I find it super hard to believe that they won't have any other games at E3.  I guarantee you they will do the E3 fest at BB again, and they will have the same games at E3 at BB... TMS (just now noticing that is SMT backwards), Kirby Robobot, Zelda Wii U/NX (if really playable), and maybe Paper Mario or something else, honestly probably a second 3DS title.

Last year, they made a big deal about Star Fox Zero, and having the cool simulator like demos, but they still had other games playable, like Super Mario Maker and Tri Force Heroes.

gf78

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2016, 09:26:19 am »
Nintendo continues their slide toward irrelevance.  The Wii U is devoid of any upcoming 3rd party releases and there are less than a half-dozen Nintendo games coming out this year for it.  Less when you consider Zelda slipping into 2017.

Regardless if the NX ships this year or next, Nintendo is making the same mistakes over and over again by releasing the console midway through the competition's lifecycle.  And now they delay their one big game.

At this point, it doesn't matter.  The Nintendo-faithful will wait for Zelda and everyone else will ignore it's release.  It won't sway gamers to the NX.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2016, 12:42:24 pm »
So Nintendo is actually going to be at E3 this year?

karyann

« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2016, 12:53:24 pm »
So Nintendo is actually going to be at E3 this year?

They are at E3 every year, but they didn't do live presentations in the last two years. They replaced them with direct-like videos, but they've been on E3's floors with games to try and so forth.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2016, 01:04:09 pm »

We might cover this next tuesday on the show, open invite to anyone whjo wants to come on and rant about it
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730