Author Topic: Konami is Now Focusing on Mobile Games at Their Main Platform  (Read 4093 times)

Re: Konami is Now Focusing on Mobile Games at Their Main Platform
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:29:58 am »
Konami's been doing some stupid stuff this past month but this is ridiculous.

Can't wait for the Metal Gear tile-matching game  :-\

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 04:45:33 am »
So basically every series people love from Konami is now officially dead.  I guess Metal Gear Solid V will be quite the swan song to go out on.

argyle

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 07:20:22 am »
So basically every series people love from Konami is now officially dead.  I guess Metal Gear Solid V will be quite the swan song to go out on.

Pretty much. I think this quote from the Destructoid article about this announcement sums up my feelings pretty well:

The company is growing increasingly disinterested in the traditional gaming business, and would rather chase trends than continue to produce the kind of experiences that made it successful in the first place.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:10:02 am »
I guess all I'll have are the memories of great titles that have the Konami logo. So long, Suikoden. Take care, Castlevania. It's been fun, Silent Hill.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 09:23:54 am »
For the love of all things, Konami, sell off your IPs.  Please.  Don't let all these good franchises die.  I still need good Castlevania and Contra collections.

argyle

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 10:02:11 am »
For the love of all things, Konami, sell off your IPs.  Please.  Don't let all these good franchises die.  I still need good Castlevania and Contra collections.

They'll do worse than die off, they'll continue to "live" as freemium games.  >:(

KONAMIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 10:42:51 am »
Wow. That is kinda sad and depressing.... Come on Konami, pull your head out of your ass!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 12:27:55 pm »
I don't get it. Playing a game on a phone sucks. The controls are freaking terrible. And who wants a mobile screen vs. a T.V. screen?

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 12:22:07 am »
And who wants a mobile screen vs. a T.V. screen?

If handheld systems count as mobile, they're all right.  Then again, Sony and Nintendo have found ways to put handheld gameplay on TV screens.

Back on topic.  I was looking forward to a rumored Suikoden revival.  Dammit...

Please check out the games I have for sale.

doafan

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 01:42:44 pm »
Why is that I haven't seen this notice before, now I have to change my purchase priorities and look for my copy of Silent Hill: Downpour which is the only game from the whole saga that I don't own also as everybody said is kind obvious that will be not able to play newest games from this franchise, damn just hope that the prices about their games won't increase because of this  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

sin2beta

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 01:58:01 pm »
There are few holdouts from the 80s and 90s powerhouses. They've either folded or are in a greatly diminished state. The three holdouts I can think of are Capcom (their fate could be any day), Namco (merged with Bandai), and Nintendo (still strong but nothing like it was). Strange how things change.

Although, Activision and Electronic Arts seem to be stronger than ever...

It is sad.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

haloofthesun

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 03:04:35 pm »
It's not really surprising. Other than Metal Gear Solid and Pro Evolution Soccer, and the occasional Castlevania game, Konami hasn't really made many games of note for a long time. Them moving into mobile has pretty much been inevitable since they don't care about making great games anymore and are just focused on the bottom line. They're going to be in for a rude awakening though, since very few mobile games pull in large amounts of money and I think because of that they'll eventually just leave the gaming business and focus on their pachinko machines and gyms.

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 06:08:03 pm »
I hope people will wait on buying The Phantom Pain. Buying used, waiting for a price drop, whatever. Konami doesn't deserve the day one sales.