Author Topic: Favorite controller?  (Read 2901 times)

pacpix

Re: Favorite controller?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 11:14:33 pm »
For me it is the SNES controller, just a very simple and comfortable controller to use.  I also love the Odyssey2 joystick and the GameCube controller.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 11:28:07 pm »
My favorite console eventually came with my favorite controller, the PlayStation DualShock.

Pretty sure I've mentioned this so many times.

Oh well...   ;D

Please check out the games I have for sale.

soera

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:20 am »
Right now I have a lot of preferred controllers. Sony official PS4 controller right now is the top of the list. Xbox micro controller is a contender. WiiU pro controller is another.

Least favorite has to be Dreamcast, N64, and the original football sized Xbox controller.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 12:22:13 am »
Right now I have a lot of preferred controllers. Sony official PS4 controller right now is the top of the list. Xbox micro controller is a contender. WiiU pro controller is another.

Least favorite has to be Dreamcast, N64, and the original football sized Xbox controller.

I like ps4 too. only issue is the damn battery life!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

docsarcastic

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 04:45:03 am »
Gonna have to go with either the GameCube or the Xbox One controller. GameCube controller was the first comfortable controller I used, nice variety of colours as well along with a lovely feel to the buttons, D-Pad was horrible though, however I don't think I've ever used it.

Xbox One controller was basically the 360 controller but with a mould that would fit into your hands, the analogue sticks are fantastic, D-Pad feels clicky and the RT/LT buttons fit perfectly in your hands. One problem I'm having is the way I hold controllers now, I jump by pushing the A button down with the side of my finger and using my middle finger to shoot or whatever may be assigned to the RT button.

Keyboard and Mouse is good for simulators or strategy games, especially Civilization games, I refer you all to the abysmal Civilization Revolution, a console game.
I write books, collect games and achievements and so on. Considered pure, molten evil by many.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
- Everything

VGCollect stuff: https://vgcollect.com/about/DocSarcastic

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 08:38:56 am »
Yeah I think I agree with a lot of you guys. The Playstation 1,2,3 (haven't really used the PS4) controller is probably my favorite. It feels comfortable, the buttons are nice and my hands never slip off the rather sticky thumb sticks. Though the sticks can be annoying because they're rather close together, but other than that I love it.

The Dreamcast is definitely my least favorite. There's not enough buttons and all that junk you plug into the back makes it so top heavy  >:(

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:22:48 am by woahsweetgreyphix »

argyle

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 09:53:11 am »
For me, the perfect controller would be the DualShock 4 with the Xbox One controller's thumbsticks and the Wii U Pro Controller's battery life.

Huh, the Dual Shock 4's battery life sucks, no doubt, but the Wii U Pro's battery life isn't much better.

My favorite is the Dual Shock line - since they just keep getting better, the DS4 is my favorite but I've always loved the DS form factor. Least favorite is the Trident 'o Doom - aka N64. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 10:38:38 am »
I'll go with the PlayStation 2 controller, mainly because it's the one I have held the most.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 10:47:16 am »
Dual Shock 4 is as well my best modern controller but for retrogaming the Saturn HSS-0101-S is my favorite, here are the ones I have:

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

Warmsignal

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 12:03:55 am »
360, or the Wii U pad.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 11:49:22 am »
360, or the Wii U pad.

I'm with you.  I'd give the 360 a little bit of an edge, but the WiiU Gamepad is good.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 12:07:09 pm »
360, or the Wii U pad.

I'm with you.  I'd give the 360 a little bit of an edge, but the WiiU Gamepad is good.
Aw man, I thought for sure you'd say NES
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 01:26:04 pm »
360, or the Wii U pad.

Aw man, I thought for sure you'd say NES

I love the NES controller, but an XBox controller will do everything the NES will and then some.  Both are pretty comfortable. 

I was tempted to say The Power Glove.  It's so BAD!