Author Topic: Official E3 Announcement/Discussion thread  (Read 25795 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Official E3 Announcement/Discussion thread
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2015, 03:52:28 am »
Sorry for posting this again, but I realized I originally posted it in the wrong thread:

So Nintendo was just one big disappointment. I almost want to sell my Wii U because there's like nothing to look forward to now. And where are all the third-party games they were talking about having for E3?  :(

Oh, and deathmatch Metroid...WTF?! We want a proper Metroid game!!!

WiiU is the wrong console to expect to see serious 3rd party content for.

That said I placed not one. Not two. But 3 preorders today at Best Buy.

Mario Maker
Star Fox Zero
Xenoblade Chronicles X

All the stuff that has me wanting a PS4 or XBONE (with the exception of Rare Replay) won't be out until next year or later.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #346 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:27 am »
Sorry for posting this again, but I realized I originally posted it in the wrong thread:

So Nintendo was just one big disappointment. I almost want to sell my Wii U because there's like nothing to look forward to now. And where are all the third-party games they were talking about having for E3?  :(

Oh, and deathmatch Metroid...WTF?! We want a proper Metroid game!!!

WiiU is the wrong console to expect to see serious 3rd party content for.

That said I placed not one. Not two. But 3 preorders today at Best Buy.

Mario Maker
Star Fox Zero
Xenoblade Chronicles X

All the stuff that has me wanting a PS4 or XBONE (with the exception of Rare Replay) won't be out until next year or later.

I am coming over when you get Mario Maker :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #347 on: June 18, 2015, 12:33:52 pm »
Why are all the Paper Mario games going exclusively to handheld these days? That's pretty disappointing. Would rather play it on Wii U. They put Kirby Rainbow Curse on Wii U, and Paper Mario on DS. What where they thinking? It's like you want to play the game?? Here, play it on the wrong format for optimized gameplay!

Been watching too much Nerd again. But this is lame.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:36:01 pm by Warmsignal »

karyann

« Reply #348 on: June 18, 2015, 08:05:52 pm »
I was looking through the E3 list of games on a website.... added more to my list..... damn

Haha same here, E3 is always so hard on my wallet forecast :P

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #349 on: June 18, 2015, 11:00:20 pm »
VGC/Retro Reload Thoughts of E3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNh5A6WBvgY

1049-2600-8730

spac316

« Reply #350 on: June 18, 2015, 11:00:53 pm »
Nintendo's E3 Digital event was underwhelming and it was a repeat of games already announced in the past. But it wasn't terrible. But I am blown away by how people instantly got upset and brought on the doom and gloom thinking the Wii U is dead. They need to just have faith and calm down. Perhaps there will be another Direct later on this year.

maximo310

« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2015, 12:00:48 am »
Nintendo's E3 Digital event was underwhelming and it was a repeat of games already announced in the past. But it wasn't terrible. But I am blown away by how people instantly got upset and brought on the doom and gloom thinking the Wii U is dead. They need to just have faith and calm down. Perhaps there will be another Direct later on this year.
There have been a good number of people pushing the whole " Nintendo is doomed" thing for a long time for lots of reasons; I wouldn't pay too much attention to that. I do think though that they are giving hints that they'll be moving on in a year or two.
 I honestly think that they should have done more to promote games that we haven't seen yet in the e3 digital event, and it seems like some of the stuff they didn't mention in the direct was presented later on such as the new fatal frame. Some of the bigger releases will get talked about in future directs, and they most likely will have multiple just for the new games coming out for fall and winter.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

1049-2600-8730

yancakes

« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2015, 05:28:48 pm »
Nintendo is doomed every generation, by the same people who were sold an XBone by this conference. I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Nintendo are growers, not showers. You get their systems for a small handful of masterfully crafted first party games each year, and by the end of each year your collections for competitors may be larger, but there are far more classics from Nintendo.

Also E3 has never traditionally been where Nintendo drops its bombs. They take care of their home front before they worry about America.