Author Topic: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29365 times)

rayne315

Re: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2015, 12:31:30 pm »
Hey Flea. have you gotten the world record video game collection yet? I was looking at the 2016 world record book and saw that the record was 10460 or something like that. Not knowing how that record is counted (If it includes duplicates) I Instantly thought that record was you.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

karyann

« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2015, 01:22:05 pm »
PlayStation 4
20th Anniversary PS4 brand-new! I only opened it to see that everything was included and not a brick in a resealed box and to see the number!  It is truly beautiful!

Welcome to the PS4 20th Anniversary Edition owners club!  ;) And you got a pretty low number! Mine is #10210, and I love it :)

gf78

« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2015, 02:16:46 pm »
PlayStation 4
20th Anniversary PS4 brand-new! I only opened it to see that everything was included and not a brick in a resealed box and to see the number!  It is truly beautiful!

Welcome to the PS4 20th Anniversary Edition owners club!  ;) And you got a pretty low number! Mine is #10210, and I love it :)

Thank you!  As a PlayStation fan...I had to have this.  My nephew has bought one as well.  Curiosity got the best of him and he had me help him open it up to see what number it was.  He got #701.  Little butthole! 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

davifus

« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2015, 09:57:41 pm »
Few stuff came in today.

- Two figures came in
- My slime Plushie!
- Gamestop 4 for $20 (My only problem is that they dont have the games I want on the list. Prob. go check a different gs for some of the titles.)
~ Skate 2
~ Prototype 2
~ Kirby Epic Yarn
~ Bioshock

- My Amiibo bundle came in.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

theflea

« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2015, 06:44:39 am »
Hey Flea. have you gotten the world record video game collection yet? I was looking at the 2016 world record book and saw that the record was 10460 or something like that. Not knowing how that record is counted (If it includes duplicates) I Instantly thought that record was you.

While my counter says 11,251 items. I'm not sure exactly what they count. I know games (no dups) not sure about variants, (I think those should count) Do they count homebrews & reproduction carts? (again I think they should count) I believe consoles and some accessories would count. In my VGC count are a few toys, Guides, Digital games, which would not count. I'm at the point where if they did an official count of what they consider what counts as part of ones gaming collection I'd be just under or over the current record. My games alone is at a little over 10,500 (but that does include variants) Add consoles to that number and its over the current record. (which is 10,607) Some of my family want me to contact Guinness now, but I kinda want to be sure I can beat the record. Like maybe when my games alone are over 11,000, its a nice bragging right for sure, but I'm not in any hurry. And one thing is for sure, I wont sell my collection after getting the title. lol In fact when he sold his collection it was at a little over 11,000. But still the "official" number to beat is 10,607 and I guess I don't have to worry about him reclaiming the record sense he sold it.  :P

Funny thing I swear I've seen other collector's with collections as big or bigger (at least from appearance) and I don't know if they just don't want the attention or just don't care about the title.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:51:18 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

gf78

« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2015, 08:45:14 am »
While my counter says 11,251 items. I'm not sure exactly what they count. I know games (no dups) not sure about variants, (I think those should count) Do they count homebrews & reproduction carts? (again I think they should count) I believe consoles and some accessories would count. In my VGC count are a few toys, Guides, Digital games, which would not count. I'm at the point where if they did an official count of what they consider what counts as part of ones gaming collection I'd be just under or over the current record. My games alone is at a little over 10,500 (but that does include variants) Add consoles to that number and its over the current record. (which is 10,607) Some of my family want me to contact Guinness now, but I kinda want to be sure I can beat the record. Like maybe when my games alone are over 11,000, its a nice bragging right for sure, but I'm not in any hurry. And one thing is for sure, I wont sell my collection after getting the title. lol In fact when he sold his collection it was at a little over 11,000. But still the "official" number to beat is 10,607 and I guess I don't have to worry about him reclaiming the record sense he sold it.  :P

Funny thing I swear I've seen other collector's with collections as big or bigger (at least from appearance) and I don't know if they just don't want the attention or just don't care about the title.

It's been a while since I read it, but I think you are probably close to the record for most systems as well.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2015, 08:46:54 am »
Added two more items to my collection.  A big thank you to Vicki at the Farmington, MO Gamestop for letting me know they got the 30th Anniversary Mario Amiibo in!

30th Anniversary Mario Amiibo new/sealed
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3DS complete & like-new

kevininja

« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2015, 06:17:08 pm »
Picked up a few games for the collection   ;D

maximo310

« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2015, 11:35:08 pm »
From Gamestop's 4F $20, all CIB
-Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
- Mortal Kombat (PS3)
-Persona 4 Arena( PS3)
-Mass Effect 3 Special Edition ( Wii U)
and seprately- Dragon Ball : Revenge of King Piccolo ( Wii)- $9

From Ebay/ Amazon/ local stores
-Qanba Q1 Arcade Stick ( PS3/PC)- $60
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (disc only) (Wii)-$18
-Fritz Chess CIB (Wii)-$19
- House of the Dead Overkill CIB ( Wii)-$8
-Kirby's Dream Collection-Special Edition CIB ( Wii)-$30
-Trauma Center: Second Opinion CIB ( Wii)- $1
I also wanted to get a Colored Mario 8 bit Amiibo, but after seeing the prices, I think I'm gonna wait a bit until interest dies down for that particular model.
Edit: updated for purchases of the entire week
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:35:07 pm by maximo310 »

gf78

« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2015, 08:16:02 am »
Stopped in my local Gamestop yesterday and found a complete, like-new copy of Mega Man Zero Collection for the Nintendo DS.  Snagged that puppy up.  Also picked up a couple of magazines from eBay, an issue of Retro Gamer all about the history of PlayStation and a PS4 launch guide I believe is from the UK PlayStation Magazine.

doafan

« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2015, 06:24:08 pm »

- My Amiibo bundle came in.

How much did you paid for that Samus Aran ?, don't own a Wii U but am thinking very seriously to get a copy of her  ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:27:44 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

spac316

« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2015, 02:19:38 pm »
Picked up my pre-order for the retro 3-pack at Gamestop last Friday. Also bought a couple packs of the new Animal Crossing cards. (all have been opened after this pic taken)

« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2015, 06:36:32 pm »

From Goodwill & Amazon Warehouse, from check it every so often for a cheap Wii U Deal lol
Mario Kart Super Circuit $7.88 (AW)
Advance Wars 2 $2.99 (GW)
Capcom Classics Mini mix $2.99 (GW)
Castlevania Circle of the moon $2.99 (GW)
Tetris DS $4.99 (GW)
Sonic the Hedgehog GG (GW) $1.99
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection $13.48 (AW) was "like new" came sealed, but I'm almost positive it's a reseal for some reason, feels flimsy. Doesn't matter since I'm opening it to play SotC anyway.

Vita care package from the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin Target. 
Need for Speed Most Wanted $9.98
Batman Arkham Orgins Blackgate $9.98
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 $9.98

Had a friend pick these up at the Target near him. At the time these games were ringing up $5.98 at other Targets but were also not
anywhere near me so definitely still worth it at this price.

Pretty productive month for my Vita Collection overall, I'd say. Perfect time to get into the console too with the PSTV whitelist bypass exploit just released.

« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2015, 08:36:30 pm »
Target (at least mine does) has a handful of PSP games on clearance.  Pretty cheap.  Almost tempted to grab more, but I really don't have a huge interest in PSP.  Don't even have a handheld lol  They also had a couple PSVita games on sale for under 10 bucks.

theflea

« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2015, 09:59:57 pm »
Had some good finds this weekend from garage sales.

First my store/online pickups...

Amiibo
- 30th Anniversary Mario (Modern Colors) had to pay $40 to get this, but it's cheaper then $300 for another Wii U
- Classic Pack - R.O.B. / Mr. Game & Watch / Duck Hunt Dog

3DS
- Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - Double D Edition

Now for the garage sales...

First find this week was a Fable III strategy Guide (sealed) for $.25c

XB360
A sale advertised Video games and when I get there I see a stack of crappy PS2 games and a couple systems all overpriced. But There was the official Microsoft Professional Steering wheel. This was a nice made wheel accessory. They had it marked at $30 but I was able to get them to sell it for $20.

Found a random Atari 2600 joystick for .25c

Hit a large community sale and out of 24 sales I only found one sale that had games. These where $1 each.
PS2
- Virtua Fighter 4
PS1
- Blues Clues: Blue's Big Musical (sealed)
- The Weakest Link (sealed)

After that community sale I raced to a sale that advertised Gamecube games, I stop there and the lady was just setting up. I ask about the Gamecube games and she said she didn't know where they where, come back later. I look around and notice a milk crate with gamecube madden game and tell her I think I found them. I look through and find only about 4 Gamecube games and some crappy 360 games. I only found one Gamecube game I wanted But I saw one other thing in the crate that caught my eye. She wanted $10 for it but I was able to get both games for $9.
GC
- Mission: Impossible
GBC
- Pokemon Pinball (BRAND NEW SEALED)  :o

NDS
Stopped at a random sale and saw 3 loose DS games, 2 of them where crappy young girl games that I already had, but one was a good game. It was only $1.
- Super Mario 64 DS

At another random sale, I saw a box full of movies, TV shows and games. Many where loose disc games in horrible shape. But there was one I found in this mess worth getting.
NDS
- Escape the Museum ($2)

Stopped at a sale late in the day and saw a pile of PS2/Xbox games. and got this entire stack for $7.
XB
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
PS2
- Nanobreaker
- Kingdom Hearts
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories
PS1
- Final Fantasy IX

In another big community sale after many no finds, I finally see a table with games. A few PS2 & PS1 stuff marked .50c a piece.
I asked If they had anything else and the guy said ya I had some more he was thinking of selling. He brings out a small tub full of PS1 games. At .50c a piece here's what i got.
PS2
- Metal Gear Solid 2
PS1
- Syphon Filter 2
- Syphon Filter 2 (yeah he had 2 copies) lol
- Metal Gear Solid
- Tomb Raider III
- Rayman
- Time Crisis
- Spyro 2
- Star Wars: The Dark Forces
- Code Breaker

Stopped at a random sale and asked about games, the lady said she had a whole bunch and one was worth $15 she told me. She brings out a stack of PS2 games, and one 360 game. I asked which one she was worth $15 and she didn't know. So I offered $15 for the stack I picked out and she agreed.
XB360
- Game Party in Motion
PS2
- Dynasty Warriors 5
- Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Final Fantasy XII
- Xenosaga
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (I'm guessing this is the one she thought was $15)

NES
Hit a random sale and saw a Nintendo Power Set box under the table, I quickly pulled it out and saw it only had the Power Pad, Styrofoam and other baggies inside. I saw a $10 price tag on it. I asked the lady about the system or games and she said she was keeping the system and games. So I asked if she'd take less because it was only the box, I even offered to let her keep the power pad. She refused to take less then $10. It was in a lot better shape then the one I picked up earlier this year so I paid her the $10.

And last the best pickup this weekend. I was having a bad day finding anything on Thursday, I was out for three hours and only found that Fable Guide. Was about to pack it up and head home when I saw a garage sale sign and followed it, At first I couldn't find this sale. So I was about to give up when I finally see another sign. I follow it to a subdivision in the middle of nowhere. I find the sale and walk up and see nothing but baby clothes and toys. I ask the lady about games and she at first told me no her husband still wants his 360. But then she said she had a Nintendo she doesn't use anymore. So She goes inside and brings out two tubs. I open the first and see a Wii and N64 stuff just dumped in this tub. She said she didn't want to sell the Wii, so I pulled out all the N64 stuff. I look in the second tub and see a fat 360 and NES stuff. Again she said the 360 was her husbands and she couldn't sell it (you can keep it lady) lol
I find not only one NES and two NES systems and several games and I saw at the bottom several NES games COMPLETE IN BOX!   :o
I pull everything for the NES out and had a nice stack of NES and N64 stuff. I asked a price and she starts counting the games and tells me how many of the games are like new in their boxes. She quotes me $30 for the NES pile.  ;D I asked what about the N64 and she said $40 for all. I was happy to give her two twenties. Here's all I got.
N64
- A Grey N64 with all hook ups (no controller)
- Madden Football 64
- Monopoly
- Crusin' World
- Toy Story 2
- Rugrats Scavenger Hunt
- Goldeneye 007
- Mario Kart 64
NES
- 2 NES systems (one the door is cracked) 2 Zappers (grey and Orange), 3 Controllers, 1 off brand controller, 1 set of hookups.
- Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt (x2)
- Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet
- Excitebike (x2)
- Captain Skyhawk
- Friday the 13th
- Tetris
- Donkey Kong Classics
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (x2)
- Mike Tyson's Punch Out
- DuckTales
- Disney Adventures in the Magic Kindom (CIB)
- Mickey's Safari in Letterland (CIB)
- Home Alone (CIB)
- High Speed (CIB)
- Roadblasters (CIB)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (CIB)
- Tiny Toon Adventures 2 (CIB)  ;D
- Adventure Island 3 (CIB)  ;D

Finding any retro Nintendo games in boxes is a good garage sale weekend.  ;D

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:13:26 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"