Author Topic: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29245 times)

gf78

September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:44:34 am »
I'll kick this month off!  Picked up a couple of items late last night, so I'll just throw them on the September list to get things rolling.

PlayStation 3
Bioshock (complete with light shelf wear)

PlayStation 4
Call of Duty Ghosts (complete in like-new condition)
Dishonored Definitive Edition (brand-new)
Terraria Special Edition (brand-new)

Other
Final Fantasy Type-0 hardcover strategy guide (brand-new)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

Re: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 12:03:25 pm »
It's not a secret that Capcom and Konami are two of my main companies from the NES and this last purchase is from the first one, already owned the Mega Man 4 cartridge but I wasn't happy with it cause the sticker has some damage so decided to acquire a second copy, was able found one at Mercado Libre in a condition almost like new with a shiny and complete label for the ridiculous amount of $ 12 bucks, kinda rare to found this kind of stuff here since at Amazon or even eBay is almost at 50, now I got two copies (MM3 & MM4) and really don't know if I had to sell them or keep them both work fine but for collection purposes they don't fit at my collection :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Veilor

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:28:17 pm »
Bought Assassin's Creed chronicles china on uplay to get beta keys for the division and rainbow six: siege

spac316

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 07:26:19 pm »
First Purchase of the month. I bought Buffy the Vampire Slayer for GBC. Loose cart, $2 at Goodwill.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 08:44:30 pm »
I bought some trade fodder today. More importantly I spent $20 and made a contact with a guy that buys storage lockers.  He's gonna keep an eye out for cartidge stuff

N64 system

4 nes games: Baseball, T&C Surf Designs, 10 Yard Fight, NFL Football

devancowan

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 11:01:18 pm »
Haven't done much video game collecting this summer with all the work I'v been doing but I picked up Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for 2 dollars. I'v never played any in the series and I believe this is a remake of the first one. She must have really wanted a McDouble for that 2 dollars to post it on Kijiji !

abe

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 11:34:03 pm »
Picked up a sealed copy of the Game of the Year version of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3) for $5. :)

My other pickups include:
-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) - Wanted to experience the rest of the story I was missing up to the events of MGS V.
-Otomedius Excellent (360) - I've heard it really isn't very good, but I bought a sealed copy for cheap since I was a little curious. Who knows when I'll get around to playing it.
-StarTropics (NES) :) - Had fun playing it a few years ago on the Wii's Virtual Console and was happy to find a copy.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 12:33:20 am »
Picked up a sealed copy of the Game of the Year version of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3) for $5. :)

My other pickups include:
-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) - Wanted to experience the rest of the story I was missing up to the events of MGS V.
-Otomedius Excellent (360) - I've heard it really isn't very good, but I bought a sealed copy for cheap since I was a little curious. Who knows when I'll get around to playing it.
-StarTropics (NES) :) - Had fun playing it a few years ago on the Wii's Virtual Console and was happy to find a copy.

Otomedius Excellent is above-average, but it pales in comparision to the rest of the X360 shmups in replayability and fun. At least its better then the original Otomedius for JP X360. Now that game looked and played terribly.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 04:52:26 am »
I picked up Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for 2 dollars. I'v never played any in the series and I believe this is a remake of the first one.

Silent Hill Shattered Memories is a sort of reboot of the first game but it's not considered as canon to the series, a lot of concepts differ from the main storyline and I wouldn't say it's the perfect introduction to the series. It's still a good game but if you never played any SH and want the real thing I would suggest Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, PS2 versions, not the crappy PS3 "HD" ports.

Concerning other episodes:
  • SH4: the room and SH Origins are good as well but don't match the 2 & 3
  • SH1 is still great but didn't aged well IMO, that may not be the best to start
  • SH:Homecoming has great environment quality and presentation but it's plagued with numerous gameplay issues and average storyline that makes it worth only if you want to experience the SH atmosphere with detailled environments, for the fans
  • I didn't test SH:Downpour, it didn't look worth it..
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

gf78

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 08:54:40 am »
More additions in September and it's only the second day!   :P  The PC games I have actually owned since they were originally released.  My first wife was a huge "Sim" fan and collected and played them voraciously.  When she passed away back in 2004, I boxed many of her belongings up including these games.  I came across them last night while going through old boxes of stuff I have packed away and thought I should add them to my collection.

PC
SimCoaster like-new
SimCity 3000 Unlimited like-new
The Sims like-new
The Sims Hot Date like-new
The Sims Livin' Large like-new
The Sims Makin' Magic like-new
The Sims Superstar like-new
The Sims Unleashed like-new

PlayStation
Alundra disc-only with dust scratches everywhere...but it plays.  I've had this for a bit, but decided to add it now.  I recently purchased a complete copy of Alundra that has the alternate disc art.  I changed the case out for a brand-new one and instead of putting the front panel back in that doesn't hold a disc and has the "PlayStation" logo on it, I put a standard front panel in to hold this second disc.  So I basically have a complete copy of Alundra in fantastic condition with the alternate disc art, and an addition copy of the game with the original disc art as well in the same case.  Cool!   8)

PlayStation 3
God of War Ascension Limited Edition DualShock 3 controller new/sealed

PlayStation 4
Metal Gear Solid V the Phantom Pain Day One Edition new/sealed
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons new/sealed
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 01:39:49 pm »
Today was able to pick up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time at a local store I generally stop at to get most of my games for only $24 and it still has the "Property of Lewis Drug" sticker on the back which I found quite fascinating since it has been like how long since you could rent games from there?  ???

telly

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 01:50:37 pm »
I picked up Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for 2 dollars. I'v never played any in the series and I believe this is a remake of the first one.

Silent Hill Shattered Memories is a sort of reboot of the first game but it's not considered as canon to the series, a lot of concepts differ from the main storyline and I wouldn't say it's the perfect introduction to the series. It's still a good game but if you never played any SH and want the real thing I would suggest Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, PS2 versions, not the crappy PS3 "HD" ports.

• SH1 is still great but didn't aged well IMO, that may not be the best to start
  • SH:Homecoming has great environment quality and presentation but it's plagued with numerous gameplay issues and average storyline that makes it worth only if you want to experience the SH atmosphere with detailled environments, for the fans

^^ This. I would honestly stick to the first four games. They were the ones developed by Team Silent; every game afterward was western developed and I think it shows in how different (IMO worse) it is from the style of the first four games. I would like to at least play Origins though.

If you want to get into the series, I would definitely recommend SH2 first. (PS2, Xbox, PC, but NOT PS3/X360 like Turom said). Then you can either do 1 or 4; I would recommend 1 because 3 follows the first game, and is very good, but it's hard to follow if you haven't played Silent Hill 1, which is what happened to me.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

devancowan

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 02:23:36 pm »

Thank I'll have to check those out as well! Would you suggest playing 2 and 3 on the PS2 before I play the PSP version or does it make a difference?

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 02:34:06 pm »
Thank I'll have to check those out as well! Would you suggest playing 2 and 3 on the PS2 before I play the PSP version or does it make a difference?

If you're referring to Origins I played it on PS2: http://vgcollect.com/item/48251
For the others I got this awesome compilation: http://vgcollect.com/item/49457 8)

Origins takes part in the past before the events of SH1, it's nice to understand the setting though I suppose the order suggested by Telly is the way to go: SH2 => SH1 => SH3 since they are really the best episodes.

After that SH4 or Origins, doesn't matter much I believe.

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

gf78

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 08:34:57 am »
A few more additions.  Honestly...I didn't plan on picking up much this month besides new releases, but some of this stuff has been given to me.  Who am I to turn down gaming goodies?   :-[

PlayStation 4
Mad Max new/sealed

PlayStation 3
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition new/sealed
Disney Sing It complete like-new
Carnival Island complete with light shelf wear

PSP
PSP car charger working but no packaging

PlayStation Network
Grow Home (PS4)
La-Mulana EX (PS4)
Super Time Force Ultra (PS4)
Styx:  Master of Shadows (PS4)
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
Teslagrad (PS4)
Xeodrifter (PS4)
Castlestorm (PS Vita)
Stealth Inc. 2-A Game of Clones (PS4)
Super Time Force Ultra (PS Vita)
Stealth Inc. 2-A Game of Clones (PS Vita)
Xeodrifter (PS Vita)

Amiibo
All are just the figure with no packaging.  I have no plans on collecting them, but Gamestop was running a buy two, get three free special so I figured what the hell.
Gold Mario
Silver Mario
Bowser (Smash Bros. version)
Toon Link
Samus

Nintendo DS
SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepants cart only
Flash Focus cart only
Guitar Hero On Tour Decades cart only
My Fun Facts Coach cart only
Contact cart only
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:23:40 am by gf78 »