Author Topic: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29356 times)

Flashback2012

Re: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2015, 02:11:31 am »
Another decent week for finds.  ;D

I cleaned up a bit on GameStop's 4 for $20 sale. We also hit up the flea today and my go-to guy took in a bunch of trades from me on some guides and dupes I had accumulated.

3DS
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!

Interactive Figures
Sheep Wreck Island Set (Swap Force) (minus the Wind Up figure)
Mirror of Mystery Set (Trap Team) (minus the Deja Vu figure who I already had)
Retro 3-Pack (R.O.B./Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt)
Amiibo Animal Crossing Card Packs (It's the AC E-Reader cards all over again  ::))

NES
Burgertime (CIB)
Mickey Mouscapade (CIB)
Q*Bert (CIB)
Spot the Video Game! (CB)
(Got these for my dupes trades.  :) )

PS3
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Bound By Flame
Dragon's Dogma
Killzone 2
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Prototype

PS4
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Stick It To The Man

Wii
Disney Guilty Party
Rig Racer 2
Worms: A Space Oddity

WiiU
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

XBOX360
Alan Wake
Darksiders
Forza Motorsport 4: Essentials Edition

gf78

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2015, 08:54:08 am »
Another weekend, some more goodies added to my collection.  Not a big week, but some goodies nonetheless.

PlayStation/Other
Transformers Optimus Prime PlayStation figure new/sealed!  Optimus Prime transforms into an original PlayStation complete with controller & memory card!

PlayStation
All nine Jampack volumes, all sealed
some random demo discs

PlayStation 2
All volumes of PS2 Jampack including some variations between E-T and E-M
some random demo discs

PlayStation 3
Murdered:  Soul Suspect complete with light shelf wear (Gamestop 4 for $20)
Darkness, the complete with light shelf wear
Persona 4 Arena complete like-new (Gamestop 4 for $20)
Dead Island Game of the Year complete with light shelf wear (Gamestop 4 for $20)

Nintendo DS
Mario Kart DS complete with light shelf wear/almost like-new except a few of those very light dust scratches on the front

Xbox One
Titanfall complete with light shelf wear (Gamestop 4 for $20)
Titanfall Collector's Edition new/sealed

Why did I buy Titanfall, let alone two copies of Titanfall?  Well, the first used copy was because when Titanfall 2 inevitably drops on the PS4, I would have to drive myself insane courtesy of my OCD to own the original, even if I don't have a system to play it on.  Hence why I own the Xbox versions of the Dead or Alive games.  I love the premise of Titanfall and it is indeed one of the very few games that I would own an Xbox One to play.  But at this point in time, the game has been mostly abandoned for other, newer titles so to even entertain buying an Xbone to play this game with ghost town servers would be ridiculous.

The collector's edition?  Well, my local Gamestop had one in the back room and it is down to $118.  The Titan statue is badass and I love me some hardcover artbooks.  Artbooks of this quality sell for around $40 and that statue is so freakin' huge, it would sell for $100 itself compared to figures/statues of similar quality and size.  So it was a fairly inexpensive way to get these two items, plus the big poster/map  and a sealed copy of the game.  I always feel like I am missing out with something like this.  Where you get the sequel game, but the original is on a system you don't own and all the backstory, lore, goodies, artwork and everything that shows the hard work that went into the game is lost to you.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:57:50 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

argyle

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2015, 04:24:46 pm »
Target (at least mine does) has a handful of PSP games on clearance.  Pretty cheap.  Almost tempted to grab more, but I really don't have a huge interest in PSP.  Don't even have a handheld lol  They also had a couple PSVita games on sale for under 10 bucks.

Yeah I snagged a Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee for $3 from my Target a week or so ago. Wish they had more (they had a couple others, but I either had them already or they were crap).

I picked up a few games for my collection from the Gamestop sales last week, but the pickup I'm happiest about is this:

A sealed copy of Torneko: The Last Hope for the PS1. I don't collect sealed, this one will be opened & played, but it was only a few dollars more (less than $10) than the closest complete copy on eBay that was described as "having some scratches & manual wear". Yeah, I'll take fresh & new for a few bucks more, kthankx. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2015, 04:53:51 pm »
^ I didn't even know that game existed. Is that the shopkeeper character from Dragon Warrior IV? Is it a traditional JRPG?

« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2015, 05:48:13 pm »
Held off for a while, but finally decided to purchase a Vita and some must haves for it. I'm especially happy about Persona 4 Solid Gold Edition, got a great deal on it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2015, 07:50:30 pm »
I sort of lied a few weeks ago when I said I'd never go to another flea market. Last one of the year, what the heck. It ended up being a very SNES kind of trip. I think all I got was SNES games.

- Super Adventure Island
- Final Fight
- Plok
- The Combatribes.
- 7th Saga
- Gods
- Outlander
- Jim Power The Lost Dimension

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2015, 08:14:06 pm »
So.... Umm....

Retropalooza was this weekend. I went a little nuts knocking stuff off of my list.

Warmsignal

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2015, 08:21:21 pm »
Ninja Crusaders is one of my favorite NES games.

devancowan

« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2015, 09:26:44 pm »
Picked by Ni No Kuni (Black Label) after searching everywhere today. Went to 3 Eb games and posted on the local buy and sell video game Facebook group my city has. Don't ask me why but I sold the copy I had previously but I'v wanted it back ever since and finally got my hands on it :)

telly

« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2015, 10:44:33 am »
So.... Umm....

Retropalooza was this weekend. I went a little nuts knocking stuff off of my list.

Oh, that's great that you got Little Sampson complete!  8)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

karyann

« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2015, 07:22:14 pm »
Held off for a while, but finally decided to purchase a Vita and some must haves for it. I'm especially happy about Persona 4 Solid Gold Edition, got a great deal on it.

Excellent choice of games to start with! :) I wish I could get the Solid Gold edition somehow. Did you buy it off ebay or from classified ads, or something else?

So.... Umm....

Wooho! I love seeing people go crazy, especially when it doesn't involve my own money :P Seriously though, you're getting super close, that's amazing! Do you have a list of what you're missing now?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2015, 07:37:08 pm »
So.... Umm....

Wooho! I love seeing people go crazy, especially when it doesn't involve my own money :P Seriously though, you're getting super close, that's amazing! Do you have a list of what you're missing now?

I have 23 left. I figured it up. Less than $2k and I can be done... Leaving out Stadium Events. Eff $8000 on one game. The biggie in that I have left is Flintstones 2.

The best part was that it was all money made from selling doubles I've picked up through the year. Fund that habit!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:55:49 pm by turf »

rayne315

« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2015, 09:40:10 am »
So.... Umm....

I have 23 left. I figured it up. Less than $2k and I can be done... Leaving out Stadium Events. Eff $8000 on one game. The biggie in that I have left is Flintstones 2.

The best part was that it was all money made from selling doubles I've picked up through the year. Fund that habit!

Do you have a list? your wishlist says you have 40+ your still looking for. What games from that list do you consider finishing your NES collection?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2015, 10:46:34 am »
So.... Umm....

Do you have a list? your wishlist says you have 40+ your still looking for. What games from that list do you consider finishing your NES collection?

I'm shooting for a licensed NES set.  I'll be happy with a full set minus 1.  My wishlist includes unlicensed stuff too.  Here's what's left.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Hillsfar
Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak
Gemfire
Gun Nac
Isolated Warrior
Kick Master
Krion Conquest
Mendel Palace
Mickey's Adventure in Numberland
Nobunaga's Ambition II
Overlord
Race America
Shadow of the Ninja
Stadium Events
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Swamp Thing
Sword Master
Tecmo Cup Soccer
Times of Lore
Ultima: Quest of the Avatar
Ultima: Warriors of Destiny
Uncharted Waters
Wizardry: Knight of Diamonds

gf78

« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2015, 10:56:23 am »
I'm shooting for a licensed NES set.  I'll be happy with a full set minus 1.  My wishlist includes unlicensed stuff too.  Here's what's left.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Hillsfar
Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak
Gemfire
Gun Nac
Isolated Warrior
Kick Master
Krion Conquest
Mendel Palace
Mickey's Adventure in Numberland
Nobunaga's Ambition II
Overlord
Race America
Shadow of the Ninja
Stadium Events
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Swamp Thing
Sword Master
Tecmo Cup Soccer
Times of Lore
Ultima: Quest of the Avatar
Ultima: Warriors of Destiny
Uncharted Waters
Wizardry: Knight of Diamonds

I take it you don't want to part with enough money to buy a new car for Stadium Events?   ???
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us