Author Topic: Collection Achievements thread  (Read 74732 times)

amauriel

Re: Collection Achievements thread
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 03:19:11 pm »
I've been working on that myself (All the Shin Megami games) and I had completely forgotten about DemiKids!

A friend of mine loved those games but I've never played them. He says I'd like 'em.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 07:18:17 pm »
- just out of curiosity, how many (NA SMT) games does that total?

Let's see, the complete list is:

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (DS)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (DS)
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (DS)
Revelations: Persona (PS1)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable (PSP)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (PS2)
DemiKids: Light Version (GBA)
DemiKids: Dark Version (GBA)

...Whew!  I think that's it, and the italics are the ones I'm missing... Also of note is that I have the Special editions of the original Persona 3 and Devil Summoner 2, and not the special version of Digital Devil Saga.

EDIT:  There is also Revalations: The Demon Slayer, a Game Boy Color game.  It's a little hard to tell if it counts, since in Japan it's called Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible... which may not make it a Shin Megami Tensei game, since it came out before the first SMT game.  That's up to you guys if you think I should add it... I'm going to grab it soon anyway, just for the sake of it.  xD
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:24:59 pm by gaiages »
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

amauriel

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2012, 09:27:35 pm »
Yeah, I want the Last Bible games, just because they sound awesome. I speak enough Japanese that I'm planning on getting the 5 games from Japan, rather than just getting Revelations: The Demon Slayer (Or maybe I'll get that from here, then get the spin-offs only in Japanese.)

I've been working on getting the ones that were released here, then any ones that did not make the trip over, I'm getting in Japanese. (Not bothering with the Japanese compilations or remakes of their games unless something major changed though.) Also, I've so far only been working on the main series, haven't done things like the Devil Children or Maijin Tensei games yet.

I dunno, I've got A LOT of games still on my "need" list, whereas you are wrapping yours up. Gonna get Jack Bros.? (My personal can't find, don't wanna pay eBay prices, Holy Grail game.)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »
Yeah, I want the Last Bible games, just because they sound awesome. I speak enough Japanese that I'm planning on getting the 5 games from Japan, rather than just getting Revelations: The Demon Slayer (Or maybe I'll get that from here, then get the spin-offs only in Japanese.)

I've been working on getting the ones that were released here, then any ones that did not make the trip over, I'm getting in Japanese. (Not bothering with the Japanese compilations or remakes of their games unless something major changed though.) Also, I've so far only been working on the main series, haven't done things like the Devil Children or Maijin Tensei games yet.

I dunno, I've got A LOT of games still on my "need" list, whereas you are wrapping yours up. Gonna get Jack Bros.? (My personal can't find, don't wanna pay eBay prices, Holy Grail game.)
Ah geez, I haven't even heard of Jack Bros. until now.  I... well, want to get it, of course, but I have a feeling I won't be able to bring myself to buy a Virtual Boy game.  xD  Especially since it likely is a premium price, too...

Good luck with getting the Japanese games, though.  I don't know a lick of Japanese, so I'm not going to try and collect the ones that didn't make it over.  It's nice for a collection, but with the English games I still want, it'd at least be a while before I set my eyes across the sea. :D
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

jcalder8

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 02:58:48 am »
Finally completed the Skylander collection yesterday with the purchase of Wham Shell. I am going to wait a long time before I buy any of the giants, this took way too long.  Of course my wife and son will probably want them day 1 so I will end up with them anyway.

jcalder8

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2012, 10:40:25 pm »
I hit a couple more milestones today:
Just passed 200 DS games with DiRT 2
and 1600 total games! I really need to slow down my buying though :(

atariboy

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 09:26:38 pm »
Congrats on the milestones, thats alot of DS games.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jcalder8

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 10:42:02 pm »
Congrats on the milestones, thats alot of DS games.
Thanks, I have found a lot of cheaper games now that the 3DS is out.

soera

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 09:39:04 pm »
I just hit 2/3 complete on total NES collection with 513 games. :)

jcalder8

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2012, 12:53:44 am »
I just hit 2/3 complete on total NES collection with 513 games. :)
Congrats! I thought about going for just one system but I like to buy what I can find in the wild too much and I can't find a focus lol.

So what is your favorite NES game?
Favorite NES game that you have found through collecting?

soera

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2012, 11:16:20 am »
I have a few NES games I like. Dragon warrior (obviously!) but Final fantasy, Ultima quest of the avatar, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Battle of Olympus, Bionic Commando are a few of the others.

As far as a "new" game I like I found through the collecting, there hasnt really been any. I heard some of the super expensive games are fun however but I havent gotten too many of the high dollar games yet.

One thing I have realized is that the NES has a much more vast library then I had ever known about before I started getting into the collecting of them. In Oklahoma during the NES time, the market was really limited. Never had I see any of the Panesian games or the Wisdom Tree games before. I never noticed the fact that there were probably dozens of toddler based (Sesame Street, Fisher Price, etc) and games like Barbie and stuff was never anything that would have been on my radar either.

htimreimer

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 11:55:09 am »
dont i get a achievement for 1000 database submissions??

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2012, 03:05:26 am »
I have 25% of a NES fullset with 196 games. I also own Action 52.

scott

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2012, 12:39:22 pm »
dont i get a achievement for 1000 database submissions??

There is a badge made up for database submissions, but Matt hasn't set it up yet. But this topic is more along the lines of milestones pertaining to your personal collection. Like, "I own every game in 'x' series" or "I just hit '#' of games for 'x' console" or "I finally own all the games I originally traded off stupidly, again".
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2012, 01:16:41 am »
Just hit 50 DS games. Might not seem like a lot, compared to others, but I'm happy with every game in my list. The 50th game was Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, which I've been looking for locally for awhile.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:48:22 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread