Author Topic: Collection Achievements thread  (Read 74980 times)

tripredacus

Re: Collection Achievements thread
« Reply #600 on: November 17, 2017, 09:52:40 am »
Mold on paper, in most cases, goes into the trash. On plastic or some other inorganic material, it can be cleaned. But some people are actually allergic to mold, so a person like that may have a problem with a game with mold on it.

telly

« Reply #601 on: November 17, 2017, 01:20:27 pm »
What about brown sauce?  ;)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pacpix

« Reply #602 on: November 17, 2017, 01:28:52 pm »

If it has brown sauce you must keep and cherish it forever, and don't even THINK about cleaning it  :P
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #603 on: November 17, 2017, 05:21:33 pm »

If it has brown sauce you must keep and cherish it forever, and don't even THINK about cleaning it  :P

Just don't taste the brown sauce.

telly

« Reply #604 on: November 21, 2017, 08:56:14 pm »

Too late :x
Currently Playing:

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #605 on: November 22, 2017, 10:00:15 am »

Too late :x

You're going to need a doctor, a young priest, and an old priest.  May God be with you

soera

« Reply #606 on: January 19, 2018, 12:55:34 pm »
600 physical PS4 titles = me. AER Memories of Old was the sweet #600.

telly

« Reply #607 on: January 21, 2018, 10:30:33 am »
I'm at 200 items in my collection! Though I don't quite have 200 games yet.
Currently Playing:

soera

« Reply #608 on: February 26, 2018, 11:16:45 am »
2016 is completed. With the acquisition of Farming Sim 17 (ick ... felt dirty just buying it) and F1 2015, I now have all the US released PS4 titles from launch through 2016. 2017 is going to be a big handful cause its definitely the biggest year so far and lots and lots of AAA $60 releases happened last year. But at the same time, I already have a lot of them so we will see!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #609 on: February 27, 2018, 05:25:04 pm »
I passed 1000 items!   ;D

Party time! Excellent!

sworddude

« Reply #610 on: March 24, 2018, 04:14:59 pm »
Finally 2000 items without my doubles

Still some ways to go for games though If I ever reach that number  :D
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kypherion

« Reply #611 on: May 22, 2018, 07:12:41 pm »
Managing to snag a japanese copy of Jojo’s Bizarre adventure on the PS1
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

sworddude

« Reply #612 on: August 05, 2018, 02:45:09 pm »
Surpassed the 2000 games mark this week, Already surpassed that with my spares for personal use items but finally reached it with just the regular collection 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:27:19 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kypherion

« Reply #613 on: August 05, 2018, 04:10:46 pm »
I own more than 300 video games. I'll get there XP
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

shfan

« Reply #614 on: September 05, 2018, 02:59:35 pm »
It's going the opposite way, but over the past few months i've been seriously clearing out my collection of floatsam and things that just don't appeal to me. Having not been able to afford many games when a child, through to shedding my collection every few years as a teenager/young adult, I finally settled upon collecting and sticking a number of years ago. I'm very much a bargain hunter/trader (though through game shops, not swaps), as well. As a result I've collected almost entire series of things which look interesting and bought anything non-sports when I could get it for pence.

As a result, even with constantly trading away stuff I wasn't interested in, my collection has swollen to include games I (now) can't even be bothered to try. Just being an action game isn't enough any more. With old computer games, most of them have aged very poorly and have no memories since I couldn't afford many when they were current. Series like Tomb Raider, Yakuza, Yu-Gi-Oh, Shenmue etc. might be fantastic games of their ilk, but they're not the kind of games I actually want to play. Original Xbox/PS2/Gamecube games which are dated, bog-standard examples of genres I'm very ambivalent about (FPS, street racing, 1-on-1 fighting, rhythm, cheaply put together licensed games or ones based on characters I'm uninterested in), had loads of them. They're going or gone, traded away. In their place are new games or store credit (more than £500 spread around three different shops/chains).

Moving forward I'll be:
*Concentrating on games that really appeal to me or have memories attached to them.
*Worrying less about games which can be emulated on a modern pocket calculator.
*Really concentrating on getting everything listed here on VGCollect - still have a load of strategy guides and some Amiga and 3DO games not on yet.
*Looking for cheeky bargains to trade in for stuff I'd like.

So it's a new dawn, it's been cathartic actually being able to turn around and say "what the hell are you doing on my shelf?" after all these years without it being about getting rid of the collection.