Author Topic: Collection Achievements thread  (Read 75068 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Collection Achievements thread
« Reply #315 on: February 02, 2014, 10:07:53 pm »
Oh, Turf, are you going for every variant for all NES games, or just all of them them all the variants dont count?
I don't really hunt down variants, but if I get them I don't sell them.

« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2014, 01:37:46 am »
I'm only one game away from completing my Gamecube collection. I just need to get a copy of Code Veronica X and I'll be good.

And fyi, by "complete" I don't mean have every single game released on the system. I have nothing against completionist collecting, but I personally only collect games I have in interest in playing some day. Code Veronica is the last game I need before I have every gamecube game I could ever want.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2014, 12:53:41 pm »
I'm only one game away from completing my Gamecube collection. I just need to get a copy of Code Veronica X and I'll be good.

And fyi, by "complete" I don't mean have every single game released on the system. I have nothing against completionist collecting, but I personally only collect games I have in interest in playing some day. Code Veronica is the last game I need before I have every gamecube game I could ever want.

I'm just about there, too. All I need is Soul Calibur II, Tales of Symphonia, and WWE WrestleMania XIX & Day of Reckoning 2.

karyann

« Reply #318 on: February 04, 2014, 01:47:23 pm »
I don't think I'll ever be aware enough of all games for a system to decide that I have all the ones I want on that system. I envy you, in a way  :P

scott

« Reply #319 on: February 04, 2014, 02:11:25 pm »
My PS2 wishlist is pretty stacked with the rest of the games I "need" for PS2... only like 145 more to go. >_>
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2014, 02:21:51 pm »
I don't think I'll ever be aware enough of all games for a system to decide that I have all the ones I want on that system. I envy you, in a way  :P

I think Im pretty lucky in the fact that I only really enjoy one genre and thats RPGs. Pair that with the fact that I dont tend to multiple buy the same game for different systems and I can map out what I want pretty easily. SNES was Super Metroid, Link to the past, Tecmo secret of the stars, and Super Mario RPG. Saturn is Magic knight Rayearth. Sega CD is Vay and Popful mail. Genesis has Crusader of Centy and Sword of Vermilion (although this one is available on some compilations, I found the copy I have complete with guide for cheaper than it normally goes for cart only).

scott

« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »
I kinda wish I was hyper focused, like some of you guys. But at the same time I like so much stuff from different places that I have trouble with it.

I don't think I could ever pull off something like Sin2Beta's Sega collections.

karyann

« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2014, 03:27:34 pm »
I kinda wish I was hyper focused, like some of you guys. But at the same time I like so much stuff from different places that I have trouble with it.

I'm in the same boat. I love to focus on one thing and go crazy over it, but I can't settle on just ONE thing :(

scott

« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2014, 03:31:07 pm »
Ya, the closest I've gotten to that is my Castlevania stuff.

I was going to collect the entire Saturn library at one point, but got burned out on it... Currently I'm on a PS2 kick, but at the same time I'm trying to make sure I get new releases, and Atlus stuff, I really want too.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2014, 03:52:42 pm »

I'm not focused, at all. I just buy games I want. It just happens that most of the multiplatform games I want I already have on PS2 or Xbox. And GameCube exclusives were very cheap for a while there.

sin2beta

« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2014, 07:29:24 pm »

I also collect Microsoft.  :P See! I'm diversified.

I used to not be focused at all. But I always felt like I had the sampler appetizer plate of games. There were several systems that I owned for years and never really experienced. So, after I started buying stuff again after college, I decided to really focus. It's been nice.

I will move on at some point. I've got a huge foundation, which is the easiest part of collecting. Game Gear and 32X is starting to get tougher. Sega CD and Saturn are always tough. Genesis and Dreamcast is still easy gettin'. But, I can see them all getting tough sooner rather than later.

I will probably still stay focused. But I will add something in a few years. It might be the defining games of the NES. It might be a portable game collection, it might be a 3DO collection. I don't know. Since, I've been riding the subway, I have been eyeing a PSP or DS. I feel like I could get a really good cross sectional and longitudinal experience of Nintendo just from its portables. I've been REALLY close several times.

But then again I have thought about expanding the SEGA collection to arcades. If I had the space and money, SEGA electromechanical games would be my new focus area.

No point to this post really. Just gathering my own thoughts.  8)
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2014, 11:33:39 pm »

I'm not hyper focused either, at one time I decided to go through the entire library of certain consoles and pick out the games I wanted. There are many titles that I have little to no desire to get, and also games that I'd like to have, but would only buy if I found them for a super good deal. I currently do not have many more games that I would pay Ebay prices for, meaning my collecting has substantially cooled down over the past 4 or 5 months. At one point I was adding around 500 games a year to the collection, but I'm thinking that I might barely break 150 this year.

90snostalga

« Reply #327 on: February 05, 2014, 05:03:34 am »

I also collect Microsoft.  :P See! I'm diversified.

I used to not be focused at all. But I always felt like I had the sampler appetizer plate of games. There were several systems that I owned for years and never really experienced. So, after I started buying stuff again after college, I decided to really focus. It's been nice.

I will move on at some point. I've got a huge foundation, which is the easiest part of collecting. Game Gear and 32X is starting to get tougher. Sega CD and Saturn are always tough. Genesis and Dreamcast is still easy gettin'. But, I can see them all getting tough sooner rather than later.

I will probably still stay focused. But I will add something in a few years. It might be the defining games of the NES. It might be a portable game collection, it might be a 3DO collection. I don't know. Since, I've been riding the subway, I have been eyeing a PSP or DS. I feel like I could get a really good cross sectional and longitudinal experience of Nintendo just from its portables. I've been REALLY close several times.

But then again I have thought about expanding the SEGA collection to arcades. If I had the space and money, SEGA electromechanical games would be my new focus area.

No point to this post really. Just gathering my own thoughts.  8)

Do you currently own a PSP or DS?

What console did you complete Shenmue 2 on?  Dreamcast or Xbox?

sin2beta

« Reply #328 on: February 05, 2014, 07:20:28 pm »
Do you currently own a PSP or DS?

What console did you complete Shenmue 2 on?  Dreamcast or Xbox?

Nope.

XBox. The only Dreamcast import I have is SegaGaGa
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jcalder8

« Reply #329 on: February 13, 2014, 09:41:48 pm »
I just passed 600 Xbox 360 games with the purchase of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City: Special Edition

Also just passed 3400 games
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:48:43 pm by jcalder8 »