Author Topic: Collection Achievements thread  (Read 75027 times)

anruiukimi

Re: Collection Achievements thread
« Reply #360 on: March 13, 2014, 11:22:00 pm »
:o

i think matt might send soera around to kill you for this

Awww, Soera wouldn't kill me! I'm his slime enabler :P

That's awesome!  :D

The DQ part, that is.  Not the dentist chair part.  ;)

Yeah, I could have skipped the dentist part too. X_x
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:23:34 pm by anruiukimi »

argyle

« Reply #361 on: March 14, 2014, 12:00:17 am »

I can definitely relate.  I had a cleaning in early Dec. that turned into a crown, that turned into needing a root canal - but by that time the only oral surgeon in town that accepted my insurance was closed because they were moving into a new office, so I had to wait about 3 weeks to get that done.  Was on pain meds all through the holidays.  So I share your dislike of the dentist.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

anruiukimi

« Reply #362 on: March 14, 2014, 12:03:16 am »

I can definitely relate.  I had a cleaning in early Dec. that turned into a crown, that turned into needing a root canal - but by that time the only oral surgeon in town that accepted my insurance was closed because they were moving into a new office, so I had to wait about 3 weeks to get that done.  Was on pain meds all through the holidays.  So I share your dislike of the dentist.  ;)

Your story was me last August, minus the cleaning and more the taking a sip of soda one morning at work and suddenly excruciating pain. xD;; Sucksucksucks.

« Reply #363 on: March 14, 2014, 01:03:33 am »
I had a lot of dental work done back in 2011, I think there were 4 or 5 root canals in that, and though I am glad I got it done after putting it off for so long I will never go back, ever. I fear the dentist more then anything on the planet.

To add to the thread, I recently found the CE guide for Final Fantasy XIII. Wasn't something I was REALLY looking for, but I wanted it, and found it in a used book store for $2.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:51:57 am by denniedarko »

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #364 on: March 14, 2014, 03:39:12 am »
After updating some of my newer purchases tonight, I realize that I'm at 390 PS2 titles right now~!  I'm interested in hitting 400 before the end of the month, so for some added entertainment I'll propose a little game of sorts~!  I will buy the next 10 PS2 games all in the same day 2 weeks from today....  The games I will buy are....  Whatever everyone here proposes~!  I'd like the community to decide how I hit my 400 PS2 games achievement....  As long as it is not a game already on my list I'll take the top 10 most suggested here until then....  I'd appreciate it if they weren't all 100$+ though, lol~!  I'll post the 10 I ended up getting here then of course....

TL:DR - Tell me what 10 PS2 games to get for my 400 achievement~!

argyle

« Reply #365 on: March 14, 2014, 08:50:49 am »
After updating some of my newer purchases tonight, I realize that I'm at 390 PS2 titles right now~!  I'm interested in hitting 400 before the end of the month, so for some added entertainment I'll propose a little game of sorts~!  I will buy the next 10 PS2 games all in the same day 2 weeks from today....  The games I will buy are....  Whatever everyone here proposes~!  I'd like the community to decide how I hit my 400 PS2 games achievement....  As long as it is not a game already on my list I'll take the top 10 most suggested here until then....  I'd appreciate it if they weren't all 100$+ though, lol~!  I'll post the 10 I ended up getting here then of course....

TL:DR - Tell me what 10 PS2 games to get for my 400 achievement~!

Glancing over your list, I have 4 recommendations for you.  The first two because they're games I really enjoyed - the original Maximo (I see you have the sequel) and I-Ninja.  I-Ninja was a very fun and creative 3D platformer that was very underrated in its time. 

The next two not necessarily because I think they're great games, but because they're both cheap/easy to find and games that most people would naturally have in a collection approaching your size - Jak 2 & 3.  Again, I think after Jak & Daxter the series fell off a cliff, but... 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #366 on: March 14, 2014, 10:09:15 am »
I'd suggest Dokapon Kingdom because it's really fun! And Tales of the Abyss because Tales of!

soera

« Reply #367 on: March 14, 2014, 10:44:28 am »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #368 on: March 14, 2014, 12:18:44 pm »
Is that your collection achievement?  A dude in his underwear?  Congrats... I guess.

soera

« Reply #369 on: March 14, 2014, 12:29:39 pm »
Lol thats my VGCollect muscle!

anruiukimi

« Reply #370 on: March 14, 2014, 12:39:29 pm »

scott

« Reply #371 on: March 14, 2014, 12:41:35 pm »
Is that your collection achievement?  A dude in his underwear?  Congrats... I guess.

That's the body he managed to build after lifting all those NES and SMS carts.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #372 on: March 14, 2014, 12:51:41 pm »
That debunks the myth that gamers are all lazy and fat. We get super strength!

blipcs76

« Reply #373 on: March 14, 2014, 01:37:50 pm »
I picked up a lot of fairly common N64 games recently, which put me right at 100 N64 games, or about 1/3 of the way done.  My goal is to have 200 by the end of the year, which shouldn't be too bad considering I've already got quite a few of the pricier carts in my collection.

Warmsignal

« Reply #374 on: March 14, 2014, 02:51:28 pm »
I think I'm over half way to of complete mushy cardboard box Sega CD collection. Always wanted to go ahead and get the rest. I need Monkey Island, Road Avenger, Wonderdog (red box), Wolfchild, and Afterburner III. I think that's all. I'm totally not a completionist, but I always had this ambition because it was so doable.

On second thought, I probably won't because screw buying Marky Mark's Make My Video or INSX Make My Video. No thanks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:58:03 pm by Warmsignal »