Author Topic: What game have you put the most time into?  (Read 13361 times)

rayne315

Re: What game have you put the most time into?
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2016, 05:57:30 pm »
lets see on current saves of my games in mine and my brothers game collection that would hands down be Pokémon. the following are only the hours of the current save data and each has been reset multiple times.

Pokémon Red 460 hours
Pokémon blue 272 Hours
Pokémon yellow 771 hours (My favorite and when I finally got a link cable to transfer Pokémon)
Pokémon silver 0 (battery save must have died, was around 300 hours last I remember)
pokemon gold 895 Hours (most of this was leaving my sp on the charger. probably only 400-500 actual gameplay hours)
And those are just my most played titles I have between 100-300 hours in every pokemon game I own (except Y which I just got last month and that was mainly to complement the system I got it for)

After that the next closest game would probably be either dark cloud 2 (roughly 150 hours leveling weapons) or shadow of the colossus (beating the game ~50 times)

now that I think about it runescape takes the cake. with no definitive answer but I have had my current account for 12 years and before then I had an account for probably a year-year and a half till it was hacked. anyway about 13 years of account where the first 3 year I played religiously for 1 hour a day (me and my brother shared our 2 hour allowance because internet was pay per time used not pay per month) so ~1000 hours. quit playing for a year till internet turned to a pay per month model played for a year at about 2-3 hours a day so ~1200 hours. qut for 3 years picked it back up for ~6 months at 4 hours a day so ~700 hours. quit till I went to college and played for 1 and a half years at about 4-5 hours a day so ~2500 hours. quit till august of 2015 and have been playing on average about 6 hours a day ~3 on weekdays and 8-12 on weekends so ~900 hours so far this time.

so I have sank ~6300 hours into runescape total. (of course most of those numbers are a rough estimate but I am beyond confident that I have put over 5000 hours into it)... almost 9 months in 13 years.. god I must love this game. that and the fact that depending on what skill you do you can afk and do other things, like watch tv.

EDIT: just so you know runescape 3 scares me and I will only play rs2
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:59:55 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

shfan

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2016, 06:59:43 pm »
That would be Diablo 2 and Age of Empires 2/3 on the PC. Despite mostly being a console gamer and not liking to stick with particular games excessively (used to be I didn't even beat them, now I at least try to finish them), there was a period of time like 15 years ago when these were constantly in front of my eyes. The only other games which might come close are Oblivion (ES IV) and Fallout 3, both of which I've beaten from the beginning a few times.

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2016, 08:02:46 am »
Mass Effect. Have beat it about 10 times at roughly 30 hours a play through.

theflea

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2016, 01:35:15 am »
When I reviewed games in the late 90s - early 2000s I was sent a free copy of Final Fantasy XI Online and the PS2 hard drive.
So I started playing FFXI to write a review and ended up playing it for about eight years, I started on the PS2 and ended on the XB360.
I spent so much time building a character then quit due it became to much to keep it up and now the servers are being shut down this month. Eight years of my life and everything I built is gone, I can never go back.
This is part of the reason I don't like online only games, I have sworn to myself to never play another MMORPG especially one that requires a monthly fee.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

sworddude

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2016, 03:51:15 pm »
When I reviewed games in the late 90s - early 2000s I was sent a free copy of Final Fantasy XI Online and the PS2 hard drive.
So I started playing FFXI to write a review and ended up playing it for about eight years, I started on the PS2 and ended on the XB360.
I spent so much time building a character then quit due it became to much to keep it up and now the servers are being shut down this month. Eight years of my life and everything I built is gone, I can never go back.
This is part of the reason I don't like online only games, I have sworn to myself to never play another MMORPG especially one that requires a monthly fee.

The only way to play online games overall without regrets is to be pro at them and join tournaments and earn money with them. Still hough the chances and the people who already do this make the chances kinda slim.

Leaugue of legends players for example earn sometimes millions. even the lesser players earn 100.000's a year still though you have to be really good. I highly doubt those people will have any regrets when Lol quits with them servers.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

HarvestDude

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2016, 12:10:44 am »
Final Fantasy Tactics, definitely. Over 220 hours of saved games.

2nd would be MGSV:TPP (152 hours) but it´s not an old game...

I try not to spend too much time on the same game any more. Those are hours i could use to play other games.

I´ve finished Pokemon Omega Ruby recently and even trying to focus on the game, i spent 110 hours on it. Trading pokemon is addictive. But what really scares me is that i often traded with people with over 800 hours of game. Once i saw a guy with 1,200 hours. I guess those are people that just play Pokemon and nothing else...

HarvestDude™
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:15:05 am by HarvestDude »

rayne315

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2016, 03:08:38 pm »
Final Fantasy Tactics, definitely. Over 220 hours of saved games.

2nd would be MGSV:TPP (152 hours) but it´s not an old game...

I try not to spend too much time on the same game any more. Those are hours i could use to play other games.

I´ve finished Pokemon Omega Ruby recently and even trying to focus on the game, i spent 110 hours on it. Trading pokemon is addictive. But what really scares me is that i often traded with people with over 800 hours of game. Once i saw a guy with 1,200 hours. I guess those are people that just play Pokemon and nothing else...

HarvestDude™

im guessing they are like what I was like as a kid. too poor to have too many games, and too much free time to just play. plus do not forget people may leave the game on for long periods of time without turning it off (sleeping, chores, friends, etc). plus filling out the pokedex is incredibly time consuming.

also I like your fake Trademark. I loled when I saw it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:10:20 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

HarvestDude

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2016, 04:13:43 pm »
im guessing they are like what I was like as a kid. too poor to have too many games, and too much free time to just play. plus do not forget people may leave the game on for long periods of time without turning it off (sleeping, chores, friends, etc). plus filling out the pokedex is incredibly time consuming.

also I like your fake Trademark. I loled when I saw it.

Hmmmm, maybe. I can´t remember if Pokemon OR counts hours while on sleep mode. Maybe kids are more likely to let their 3ds´s on all the time (something i avoid doing with mine so the batteries and screens dont get worn out so quick... just an old habit).

Hahaha, thanks for the compliment. I always sign with trademarks so people know it was really me who wrote. I didn´t use the ™ on the forum nickname because sometimes systems can´t accept special characters very well.

HarvestDude™

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2016, 02:05:17 pm »
Skyrim, Oblivion, and Persona 4 I've put a lot of time into.

gf78

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2016, 02:35:08 pm »

I'll second your sentiments on online-only games.  No matter what, when those servers go offline everything you have done is gone.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2016, 09:04:39 am »
I probably have a insane amount of hours put into Shining Force 2 and Gran Turismo 3. SF 2 was my go to game as a kid and GT3 as I got closer to adulthood. I still play them once in a while, just nowhere close to as much as I used to.

Then there's WoW. I don't like to talk about WoW.

anagar

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2016, 04:45:02 pm »
I spend a lot of time on Mario games trying to collect everything and put a lot of time in the parties games with friends. Other than that RPGs take up a lot of my time.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2016, 08:37:29 am »
The fact that I don't know exact hours, I'm gonna call it a cross tie between Timesplitters 2, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.  I put in over 800 hours in both Fallout games individually.  I don't have any way of finding how much time I put into Timesplitters 2, because I've lost saved data multiple times, and I owned the game for both PS2 and GCN, and put a lot of time into both platforms.  I'd venture to guess I have more time into  the Timesplitters franchise than all Fallout games combined.

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2016, 02:14:54 am »
The games I've most time into are "Tales of Symphonia" and "Gears of War 3" or "Gears of War: Ultimate Edition".

Buuuuut completing "Terranigma" took me like 6 years because I didn't want to finish the game ever, so I stopped playing for a year every time I finished a level.

I really miss that, hahaha.

shepard11

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2016, 03:55:03 pm »
I'd say Pokemon X is probably the most recent game I put the most time in it. I kept track almost 3000 hours. The things I do for a living shiny pokedex. Only 13 short until Sun and Moon  :'(