Author Topic: Beautiful, Limited Edition Gold PlayStation 4 Bundle: Can your bowels take it?  (Read 7880 times)

kashell

You have a PlayStation tattoo? That's awesome. I'd love to see pics of that. I think game related tattoos are great.

gf78

You have a PlayStation tattoo? That's awesome. I'd love to see pics of that. I think game related tattoos are great.

Yep.  Just got it two days ago (me and Sorera were talking about it in the October 2014 recently purchased thread).  As soon as it heals up a bit more and I get it touched up, I'll post the pics.  I did mine all in black.  There are a few spots where its not as dark on the "P" which I figured would happen when they are darkening a large area like that. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

I have my Final fantasy VII tattoo. Im already planning on getting a DQ slime tattoo and some sort of actual PS tattoo.

aliensstudios

:-\
12 codes entered so far and I have two more for tomorrow. I've also mailed in six postcards so far, so I expect to start receiving codes to my email in the next few days. Don't know how many more of those quesoritto or whatever the hell they're called that I'll be able to choke down.
Not trying to be an ass but for how much you've spent on Taco Bell, you could probably have another PS4 soon...

Well, I already had the stamps laying around collecting dust, so no loss there. I've been feeding the family and taking leftover tacos for lunch the next day. I've spent a little over $100 at Taco Bell thus far including the four boxes I picked up this evening. So while tacos aren't my first choice for food, I would have had to spend a similar amount for something else anyway. The PS4 bundle is worth around $500, so I haven't really invested that much.

And while the food isn't my first choice for dinner...that Sangrita Dew is mighty tasty!
Lol Sangrita Dew is very good. I'm gunning for you to get that PS4
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

rayne315

the method I was using is a rather cheap one and I always feel sorry for the people who take my order. what I do Is go through the drive through and ask a whole bunch of things to add then remove thing and change my mind allot. so I go and pay for my meal then go inside after taking a bite out of it and tell them they got the order wrong they will make it all again from scratch and you will get a second box with a code. Its cheap but It works.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

Lol Sangrita Dew is very good. I'm gunning for you to get that PS4

Thanks for the support!  I will get two (maybe more if I can convince my friends & family to use their email addresses!) more codes for free that you can fill out a form online to receive.  You can only do that once per person for the duration of the drawing and only on 10/22 between 12AM and 12PM.  I'm giving it my best.

....and man...they need to bring Sangrita Dew in a can back!   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

davifus

the method I was using is a rather cheap one and I always feel sorry for the people who take my order. what I do Is go through the drive through and ask a whole bunch of things to add then remove thing and change my mind allot. so I go and pay for my meal then go inside after taking a bite out of it and tell them they got the order wrong they will make it all again from scratch and you will get a second box with a code. Its cheap but It works.

I do not approve of this, as a worker in the food industry. The workers are the only getting hurt because even if they know they took the right order but was told else wise by the customer because "They're always right" (bullshit). I'm sure the workers are somehow reprimanded for the "wrong orders". I have people complain about our food because we "missed" something. We tell them we will redo it if they bring it and show us what's wrong, but 90% of them never show up or call back because they're trying to get addition food for free but failed. I'm not saying you are trying to get free food but this is not acceptable. 
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

rayne315

I do not approve of this, as a worker in the food industry. The workers are the only getting hurt because even if they know they took the right order but was told else wise by the customer because "They're always right" (bullshit). I'm sure the workers are somehow reprimanded for the "wrong orders". I have people complain about our food because we "missed" something. We tell them we will redo it if they bring it and show us what's wrong, but 90% of them never show up or call back because they're trying to get addition food for free but failed. I'm not saying you are trying to get free food but this is not acceptable. 

I know its bad on my part and you are correct I am not trying to get free food out of it and do in fact throw the original away. I only do this to this particular taco bell (only one in the town I live in) because of the accumulation of all the previous experiences I have had with them. things like over charging, legitimately giving the wrong order, outbreaks of food poisoning because of how long they keep the food, and even one drive through crack head employee that would take your money and give out the wrong change on purpose (pay with a 50 he says you paid with a 20 kind of thing) and his manager would back him up even though the prick pocketed the real money. (I eventually got that guy fired)

So basically the worst kind of fast food workers work there.

And I guess I did forget to mention that the order legitimately IS/WAS incorrect when I take it in which is all the time. I only go to the one in my town for instances like this where I want something and don't feel like driving 30-40 minutes to the next town.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

I know this is a tangent from the main topic, but I gotta say that I get kinda PO'ed when I see fast food workers on TV protesting that they don't make a high enough wage and wanting $15 an hour.

I work in a maximum security prison armed only with a can of pepper spray.  Staff are outnumbered a minimum of 30:1 offender/staff.  I am expected to protect my fellow staff, the offenders and the public.  I make under $14 an hour and I've been doing this going on NINETEEN YEARS.

On the other hand, fast food workers consistently F*CK UP MY ORDER even if it's a simple #4 on the McD's menu that only takes one button press to do.  No customizing.  No substitutes.  Nothing.  And they want $15 an hour to f*ck up my order?

ADDENDUM:  I am in no way disparaging every person working in the food industry as my mom is retired from the food industry.  I'm sure that some people actually care about their job and do it to the best of their ability.  I wouldn't want to be accused of calling all black people gang-bangers again.   ::)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:50:24 pm by gf78 »

rayne315

I know this is a tangent from the main topic, but I gotta say that I get kinda PO'ed when I see fast food workers on TV protesting that they don't make a high enough wage and wanting $15 an hour.

I work in a maximum security prison armed only with a can of pepper spray.  Staff are outnumbered a minimum of 30:1 offender/staff.  I am expected to protect my fellow staff, the offenders and the public.  I make under $14 an hour and I've been doing this going on NINETEEN YEARS.

On the other hand, fast food workers consistently F*CK UP MY ORDER even if it's a simple #4 on the McD's menu that only takes one button press to do.  No customizing.  No substitutes.  Nothing.  And they want $15 an hour to f*ck up my order?

ADDENDUM:  I am in no way disparaging every person working in the food industry as my mom is retired from the food industry.  I'm sure that some people actually care about their job and do it to the best of their ability.  I wouldn't want to be accused of calling all black people gang-bangers again.   ::)

I understand where they are coming from too but also feel that if they want a living wage you should at least work 40 hours a week. It may be different in many places but one of my first jobs was mcD's and throughout our store the only people who worked full time were managers and one other person (nice guy but suffered brain damage playing football so he has very limited options) the rest of us did not want to work full time (mostly school related, a few so they could take advantage of the government). working part time I definitely did not deserve anything above min wage and would still feel that way if I still worked there. but the full time people definitely deserved more than they were making but definitely not what im making now or what your making gf.

I personally feel like all minimum wage jobs should be required to pay 2 different wages to their employees actual minimum wage to those that work part time and a living wage (be able to rent an apartment by your self and have enough for actual necessities, food, water, power, heat) for where you live for full time.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:24:27 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

I understand where they are coming from too but also feel that if they want a living wage you should at least work 40 hours a week. It may be different in many places but one of my first jobs was mcD's and throughout our store the only people who worked full time were managers and one other person (nice guy but suffered brain damage playing football so he has very limited options) the rest of us did not want to work full time (mostly school related, a few so they could take advantage of the government). working part time I definitely did not deserve anything above min wage and would still feel that way if I still worked there. but the full time people definitely deserved more than they were making but definitely not what im making now or what your making gf.

I personally feel like all minimum wage jobs should be required to pay 2 different wages to their employees actual minimum wage to those that work part time and a living wage (be able to rent an apartment by your self and have enough for actual necessities, food, water, power, heat) for where you live for full time.

I can agree with that.  When I was a teen, jobs like McDonald's were part-time for kids who were paying for their car insurance, weekend money, etc.  It wasn't to earn a living unless you moved up in the company as you said to a managerial position.

It's just particularly irksome to me because this new generation of teens coming up (sorry for generalizing, but just apply it as needed) feel entitled to things they haven't earned.  They also just plain don't give two $hits.  Half the time, I think they either just screw up your order for spite or just plain laziness.  When I was a teen, it didn't matter that you were working for minimum wage ($4.25 in my day), you were just happy to have a part-time job so you had some spending money and the majority did their job properly.

kashell

Wait a tic, you're telling me you work for less than 14 dollars per hour and people in the fast food jobs are making more than that? I can't even...

You know what? No. It's Friday. I'm in a good mood and I don't feel like losing this buzz.

gf78

Wait a tic, you're telling me you work for less than 14 dollars per hour and people in the fast food jobs are making more than that? I can't even...

You know what? No. It's Friday. I'm in a good mood and I don't feel like losing this buzz.

I did some quick math.  We get paid twice a month, regardless of how many hours it actually is (due to there being 52 weeks in a year, not because of mandatory overtime) and our paycheck is always the same each time.  So we get paid 24 times per year where most people paid every two weeks receive 26 checks per year.  I multiplied my check by 24, divided by 52 (weeks in a year) and divided again by 40 (hours in a work week).  That comes out to roughly $14.97 per hour.  So...I make a bit more than I thought but not by much.

In addition, I would like to add that on a daily basis as a Corrections Officer I may be exposed to:

• Assault with a homemade prison weapon aka shank
    Have feces, urine or the combination of the two known affectionately as the "vile brew" thrown onto me
    Assault with deadly force from offenders who spend their entire day working out on weightlifting equipment
    Be removed from my job/post because all an offender has to do is accuse me of calling him a bad name or exposing myself (no, really)
    Harassed by my supervisors because they are bored
    Held over for "mandatory overtime" by being told while I am literally walking out the front door of the institution.

And so much other crap I couldn't even begin to know where to start.... :'(
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:19:55 am by gf78 »

kashell

That sounds awful. I would say try looking for new employment, but that's one of those "easier said than done" type of things.

gf78

That sounds awful. I would say try looking for new employment, but that's one of those "easier said than done" type of things.

Options are limited here.  You have a lot of restaurants...and a lot of prisons.  You also have factory work, but you are going to bust your butt for $12-$15 an hour with crappy benefits and no job security.  In order to have any decent job, I would have to travel to the St. Louis area which is about 60 miles from where I live just to get to the city limits. 

I've also been working for the DOC (department of corruptions...err...corrections) for going on 19 years now.  There are positives to my particular situation now.  I work in an area where I have a low possibility of getting the vile brew tossed at me and I have weekends off.  I'm also to the point where I get 168 paid vacation hours per year, 120 paid sick hours per year and there are about 12-13 holidays a year where I earn comp time.  Basically with comp time, I get paid my normal wage and for each holiday, I receive 8 hours of comp time.  After you have accumulated 20 or more hours, you can fill out a form to request the comp time be paid.  I am also nearly vested and only have to work another 10 years (give or take a few months) to receive full retirement benefits.

So it's not completely horrid, but the mental stress you deal with on a daily basis knowing what you are in the middle of as well as the constant backstabbing by other staff either because they are higher rank than you or because they are bucking for a promotion and don't care who they screw over to try and get it.