Author Topic: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24321 times)

patrickpower

Re: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2015, 07:28:44 am »
On Saturday I found some random Xbox and ps2 games at thrift stores. After I went to a guy holding GameCube games for me and I picked out 14 of them for $20. It includes Pikmin 1, Soul Caliber II, Sonic heroes, crazy taxi, and more.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2015, 04:31:24 pm »
Brain Age - DS
Lost in Blue 2 - DS
Tony Hawk's Underground - Xbox
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Super Famicom

telly

« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2015, 12:58:22 pm »
Went into my local game store to ask about some items for my Secret Santa and also bought Mega Man X4 for around $12
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2015, 03:49:55 am »

Picked these games up from the Gamestop 4 for $10.
Twisted Metal PS3 (they even upgraded the generic case copy they had out on the floor that I originally grabbed)
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe PS3
Midnight Club Los Angeles PS3
Kirby's Epic Yarn Wii, no manual on this one but still a good price regardless.

They weren't feeling it on Warioland Shake it, which is what I actually wanted the most, and Bayonetta, which I just grabbed to originally fill out the 4. Their list was a lot smaller than the internet master list I was going off of, so I guess my mistake was asking about it for some reason previous to the checking out process and instead of asking if the games didn't scan correctly so whatever reason. Dude said he scanned the other 2 games that "weren't part of the sale" according to their list, but I doubt it. No big deal though, enough gamestops around to hit up a few more and keep my mouth shut.  ;)

The Masterlist I was going off of is here for those that want to check it out. As always, they had standup displays marked 4 for $10 but all the "good stuff" was still mixed in against the wall where they usually are.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:51:05 am by marvelsofindustry »

doafan

« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2015, 12:06:43 pm »
It took me a while but finally have received my copy of Metroid: Other M, this title has created a lot of controversy about if it's good or bad so have to admit that I had my doubts about this purchase but two things took my attention, the first one is that this title at the timeline is the "continuation" of Super Metroid and the events of it are before Metroid Fusion and since these two games are my favorites didn't have another choice to add it into my collection, the second reason is that Team Ninja was the developer of this game and am a big fan of the DOA girls, well don't have to say that I didn't resisted the temptation of seeing Samus in her Zero Suit, paid only $ 16.30 bucks for it so really it wasn't that expensive  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Warmsignal

« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2015, 03:38:06 pm »
Keep hitting the local spot I talk about that has a lot of 90s leftover stock. They've got a lot of Genesis to pick from, trying to decided what to get. They have about everything except MUSHA. Went with these two.

karyann

« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2015, 04:38:19 pm »
I just traded 2 more Amiibo cards, and with that I only have 1 missing card :) (I'm not trying to complete the whole 100 series, just the ones that I really liked). I guess I'm going to put an ad for it on Kijiji.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2015, 07:32:11 am »
Keep hitting the local spot I talk about that has a lot of 90s leftover stock. They've got a lot of Genesis to pick from, trying to decided what to get. They have about everything except MUSHA. Went with these two.

Dynamite Headdy is so awesome, gotta love Treasure ♥

Grabbed Alien Isolation last week:

As a fan of the 1st movie I'm really amazed by the fildelity of the visuals and the SF-terror atmosphere they put into this game. Having a lot of fun with the stealth oriented gameplay and the ton of details that were crafted in the environments.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

abe

« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2015, 10:34:55 am »
Picked up Resonance of Fate (PS3) and Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

theflea

« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2015, 07:19:14 pm »
I went out to the sales and only found three sales that had video games. I'll be surprised if I find much more this year from garage sales. This weekend it was cold and rainy and only about 15 sales where even open.

My Garage sale pickups...

First sale I hit was one that advertised "video games" I get there early and waited for them to open and I was surprised no one else showed up. It opens and only thing I see video game is a PS2 slim. I ask about games and the lady said the lady selling them forgot to bring them. She says she'll bring them tomorrow. But then she says she had a few things inside she could sell and brings out some XB360 games. There was a few I was missing and they where only $1 a piece so I picked up those.

XB360
- Deca Sports Freedom
- Madden NFL 13
- Lego Star Wars III the Clone Wars
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Another sale advertised "Wii Game" so I hit there next. I get there and see nothing at first. I figured it sold. I ask about it and she points to it in the corner of the garage. I see a Wii Box marked $30. I open it up and see there's no system in the box. Just a couple Wii Nunchuks (one sealed) I tell her there's no System in the box and what she would want for the sealed Nunchuk. She said $1 and I pay her. Then she takes the box and talks about throwing it away. I tell her I'll take it and she gives me the box and everything inside (even the other nunchuk) for free.  :)

Next sale I ask the man there and he said he thinks he has a couple Commodore 64 games, he points out a boxed Q*bert and a Loose Music maker cart. I ask how much and he says $1.

Last the next day I go back to that first sale and get there and find out the lady selling the PS2 games hasn't shown up yet. As I wait the lady asks her kids if they have anything else video game they want to sell and the kids bring out a large stack of DS games and a (white) DSi. Only one problem. All but four games where just empty cases. The kids had no idea where the games where. So she makes me an offer of $15 for everything. So of course I had to buy them. Then the other lady shows up with a stack of PS2 and XB360 games. Asking only $1 a piece. Most all of it was crappy games and I only saw 2 PS2 games I was missing so I got those.
PS2
- G.I. Joe the Rise of Cobra
- Go Diego Go: Safari Rescue
NDS
- My Sims Agents
- Super Scribblenauts
- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
- Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
- Mario Kart DS (loose)
Wish all those empty cases had games.

Now for store/online pickups...

XBone
- Halo 5 Guardians - Limited Edition (I originally had the legendary on reserve but when I found out it was a digital copy of the game I switch over the the limited version.)
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Collectors Edition

NES 
RetroUSB had there limited Annual Christmas game come out so I had to order a copy.
- 8-Bit X-Mas 2015

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 07:21:11 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2015, 08:24:19 am »
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix - PSP (got it yesterday)

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2015, 05:38:15 pm »
New entry: Cotton Boomerang for the Sega Saturn. This game is so gorgeous and fun, it was in my top list of shooters for the platform! ♥

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2015, 03:12:09 am »
Picked up:

Vanquish (360)
Brutal Legend (360)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon (ps2)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

gf78

« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2015, 10:10:33 am »
Some final pickups for October.....

PlayStation 4
Minecraft Story Mode new/sealed
Universal Media Remote by PDP (fully licensed by Sony as the official PS4 remote) new/sealed

Swag/Videos/Books/Magazines
Pixels Blu-Ray digital combo-pack new/sealed (pretty fun movie)
The PlayStation Book (from the makers of Retro Gamer)
Videogames Hardware Handbook 1977-2001 (from the makers of Retro Gamer)
A Hideo Koj!ma Book (from the makers of Retro Gamer)
Assassin's Creed the Complete Visual History hardcover
Ultimate Guide to Destiny the Taken King magazine

PlayStation
PlayStation / Pepsi store kiosk!  Found this guy online and pretty close to home!  It's an original 1997 PlayStation with two standard (pre-dualshock) controllers and a Sony Trinitron TV.  It's all housed in a frame where you can see the system through a plexiglass shield.  The frame is solid steel (pretty heavy!) with PlayStation and Pepsi logos all over it.  I put a pic in my gallery.

I've also added some items that I had sitting around.  Another PlayStation system, a memory card, pencils, pens, pins, a beanie, rain poncho, etc.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:13:27 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us