Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196857 times)

desocietas

surprisingly it only seems to be BIN's of $60 but and their are a few bids that are going for around $40-50 currently

It's a shame... I went over there when there was still some in stock, and I considered picking one up, but I knew it'd be either:
1) buy it and sell it to someone on VGC
2) buy it and have it sitting on the shelf for the sake of the collection (because I don't have any interest in playing it)
3) don't buy it and hope that another collector (who actually wants to play the game) will be able to get that copy
4) don't buy it and give a scalper another item to profit off of

Hopefully you're able to snag one at some point for a reasonable price.  Saturday Morning RPG on Vita was going for $35-40 for a little bit ago, so maybe the prices will settle down.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

Updated the OP to make it more useful.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

rayne315

looks good just make sure you keep the link to their website!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

looks good just make sure you keep the link to their website!

I did. Should I add another one in that's more obvious?

*Edit: Added in a "Useful Links" section to the OP in case people missed the links in the intro paragraph.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:35:24 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Flashback2012

Its not like a Gamestop "Limited Run" game which goes on pre-order for months and then they release a million copies, these are truly limited run games. I adore their business style and honestly wish I was closer to them on the map, Id work for them!

Forgot to respond to this.  ;)

I don't think the business practices of the two are very comparable. My usual go to is how Gaijinworks/Monkey Paw does their pre-sells/pre-orders. I'm beating a dead horse at this point in stating that it's far more desirable to be able to buy into a limited edition run if I so choose rather than try in the vain hope that I beat out the feeding frenzy by being awake/available at just the right time of day and hoping I have the funds available to make the purchase. To date, I've not been able to make any of the releases because I work 2nd shift and I'm either asleep or at work when the games go live.  :-\

rayne315

Its not like a Gamestop "Limited Run" game which goes on pre-order for months and then they release a million copies, these are truly limited run games. I adore their business style and honestly wish I was closer to them on the map, Id work for them!

Forgot to respond to this.  ;)

I don't think the business practices of the two are very comparable. My usual go to is how Gaijinworks/Monkey Paw does their pre-sells/pre-orders. I'm beating a dead horse at this point in stating that it's far more desirable to be able to buy into a limited edition run if I so choose rather than try in the vain hope that I beat out the feeding frenzy by being awake/available at just the right time of day and hoping I have the funds available to make the purchase. To date, I've not been able to make any of the releases because I work 2nd shift and I'm either asleep or at work when the games go live.  :-\

you can always do what I do. set an alarm for 2-3 minutes before the second release and go to the bathroom so I can grab it.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

To date, I've not been able to make any of the releases because I work 2nd shift and I'm either asleep or at work when the games go live.  :-\

They'll be doing another flash sale of the remaining Oddworld and Futuridium items soon (from cancellations, etc), so let me know if you'd like me to try to pick something up for you.  Not sure what the limit will be, but I didn't buy any Futuridiums earlier this week.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

devancowan

To date, I've not been able to make any of the releases because I work 2nd shift and I'm either asleep or at work when the games go live.  :-\

They'll be doing another flash sale of the remaining Oddworld and Futuridium items soon (from cancellations, etc), so let me know if you'd like me to try to pick something up for you.  Not sure what the limit will be, but I didn't buy any Futuridiums earlier this week.

Has there be a confirmed time & date of this. I would love to her Futuridium to keep my Limited Run vita games complete!

desocietas

Has there be a confirmed time & date of this. I would love to her Futuridium to keep my Limited Run vita games complete!

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll post it on the forums once I hear something.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

I missed seeing this somehow. That would be most excellent if you could.  :D

desocietas

Attention!

Friday, June 3, 4pm EDT!

Very limited numbers of Futuridium, Oddworld, and SMRPG soundtrack in addition to the Futuridium OST!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

Attention!

Friday, June 3, 4pm EDT!

Very limited numbers of Futuridium, Oddworld, and SMRPG soundtrack in addition to the Futuridium OST!

Well...that's excellent...except I'll be at work.  :-\

Anyone willing to snag PS4 versions of these?  ;)

desocietas

Attention!

Friday, June 3, 4pm EDT!

Well...that's excellent...except I'll be at work.  :-\

Anyone willing to snag PS4 versions of these?  ;)

Depending on what they're offering, I'll try to snag a copy or two for VGC folks.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

Futuridum soundtracks? when did this happen?

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

Futuridum soundtracks? when did this happen?

They had teased that they might make them, so they announced yesterday that they'd be selling them alongside the remaining game copies today :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas