Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196854 times)

soera

Normally I am also against people making accounts just to advertise stuff ... but this guy is actually the creator of the game and Im okay with this. I already purchased a copy of your game just now and hope it does well! Keep your account active and be active here too! You may just enjoy it. :)

Hi! :)

no offense but please do not create an account you clearly do not intend to use with the sole intention of advertising a game. I know you may be excited about getting it physically released but the news of it already exists in the proper forum thread.

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,9258.105.html

Ah, very sorry, I did not notice this topic.
And I understand your point of view but I just felt it would be nice to announce it on the related places so I could answer to some questions you may have, how many devs do that?

NB : On topic, if some of you missed the Xenon Valkyrie+ release at LRG, as I ported this game I have a few copies for myself that I can part with. Reach me if interested!

rayne315

Hi! :)

no offense but please do not create an account you clearly do not intend to use with the sole intention of advertising a game. I know you may be excited about getting it physically released but the news of it already exists in the proper forum thread.

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,9258.105.html

Ah, very sorry, I did not notice this topic.
And I understand your point of view but I just felt it would be nice to announce it on the related places so I could answer to some questions you may have, how many devs do that?

NB : On topic, if some of you missed the Xenon Valkyrie+ release at LRG, as I ported this game I have a few copies for myself that I can part with. Reach me if interested!

if you intend to actually use your account I have no issue with you being here we just get a lot of people who will come on here and do things like list a link to an ebay auction they have and never post again.

so please join in on other topics and bring some perspective from the EU that many of us on here do not have. if you have any games you own add them into your collection on the main site. this is a great place for categorizing your games and it also has a good community.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

Dammit I missed LRG this morning.  >:(

dashv

PRO Supporter

Dammit I missed LRG this morning.  >:(

Refresh from time to time today. They are doing random re-releases of leftovers of previous games for Black Friday.

Flashback2012

Refresh from time to time today. They are doing random re-releases of leftovers of previous games for Black Friday.

Oh I meant the new releases for the day. I ended up getting on the site at 6PM using my cellphone and managed to get the games then.  :P

Placed my first LRG order yesterday.  A friend gave me $25 gift card for Christmas, and I put it towards a Celeste pre-order on Switch.  VERY excited!

telly

Placed my first LRG order yesterday.  A friend gave me $25 gift card for Christmas, and I put it towards a Celeste pre-order on Switch.  VERY excited!

Nice!

I'm still waiting for them to release Spelunky because I will be buying that. That game is fantastic.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else in this thread, but both Golf Story ($30) and Yooka-Laylee ($50) for Switch are available through Best Buy, both of which are sold out on the LRG site.  I found them when trying to find something to use my rewards points on before they expired tomorrow.  So now I have two LRG games!

It's great there is a list available. Thank you.

Even though these games have limited runs, that's better than games being digital only.

Where will those digital games be 20 years from now?

sworddude

It's great there is a list available. Thank you.

Even though these games have limited runs, that's better than games being digital only.

Where will those digital games be 20 years from now?

most people forget about those games and never bother to play them again. and if the games where any good you could probably just emulate them for free if you really need to play it.

Scott Pilgrim vs the world one of the examples. if you really need the game and missed out on it. several people already have this game illegally on pc and you could probably find them files online. if the game is bad than it will vanish but nobody gives a crap but otherwise not that much of an issue if let's be honest people bother to play the game again wich for the majority will not be the case.

online games are not about collecting it's about the experience and only for that to fill those hours. for most people they purchase they play, than when something new comes out that peeks their interest the old stuff is forgotten. few people will give a crap in 20 years. and even the majority that complain now will never play 99% of those games again.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:49:08 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tripredacus

This release, Alone With You on PS4:
https://vgcollect.com/item/162287

In the description it states that it is limited to 1800 copies. Does this count the 400 copies that were part of the "Classic Edition" that included the soundtrack, meaning 1800 + 400 = 2200?

Flashback2012

This release, Alone With You on PS4:
https://vgcollect.com/item/162287

In the description it states that it is limited to 1800 copies. Does this count the 400 copies that were part of the "Classic Edition" that included the soundtrack, meaning 1800 + 400 = 2200?

I literally copy/pasted that line from LRG's page for that specific release without the soundtrack. I just did a search on their site for the "Classic Edition" and on the page for that version it contains the following:

Alone With You on physical disc for the PlayStation 4. Limited to 1,800 copies available worldwide. Region free.

This Classic Edition includes the game's original soundtrack packaged in a Sega CD style retro jewel case with a printed tray insert and manual. Only 400 of these are available.

I'm assuming that to mean of the 1800 they pressed, 400 were packaged with as a soundtrack bundle. They only pressed 1800 copies total though. That's my assumption anyway. LRG would be the best people to ask.  :P

tripredacus

The problem is, that Classic Edition was not packaged with the soundtrack, it was sold with the soundtrack. That Classic Edition entry is why I posted into this thread. Since the game itself is the exact same, there shouldn't be an entry for "Classic Edition" because that is not an actual thing, it is the name of the package sold on their website. The soundtrack itself isn't in the DB and that entry would be changed to that and moved to the soundtrack category.

Flashback2012

The problem is, that Classic Edition was not packaged with the soundtrack, it was sold with the soundtrack. That Classic Edition entry is why I posted into this thread. Since the game itself is the exact same, there shouldn't be an entry for "Classic Edition" because that is not an actual thing, it is the name of the package sold on their website. The soundtrack itself isn't in the DB and that entry would be changed to that and moved to the soundtrack category.

Oh. I dunno. I edited the release I got and had basically forgotten there was a "Classic Edition" release. If that's the case and the semantics of it are that much of an issue, then I would think nuking the one entry and combining it with the linked one (adding a footnote for the 400 "variants") would be in order.  ;)

That said, there are probably a bunch of entries like that for LRG releases where people listed versions sold with a soundtrack as a unique listing because that's how LRG has it on their site. Given how there's 300+ releases from them at this point, that's not something I particularly want to comb through. Any volunteers?  :P ;D