Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196897 times)

So LRG are releasing Shadowgate for PS4 which i definitely want  :)

Unfortunately the game isn't completable in terms of trophies/achievement and this game has been out for just over a year now and there is no word on a patch as of yet.

I really wish that LRG would do a bit more research into the games they're releasing to make sure that they work before printing them  :(

Flashback2012

Unfortunately the game isn't completable in terms of trophies/achievement and this game has been out for just over a year now and there is no word on a patch as of yet.

I really wish that LRG would do a bit more research into the games they're releasing to make sure that they work before printing them  :(

I thought that's how it was supposed to be? Like, they wouldn't put a physical release out unless it was bug-free and all DLC was available. I might be wrong on that.  :P

Also, what the ever loving hell is up with them trying to charge $40 for the regular edition of Chex Quest HD and $150 for the CE?!? They have lost their damn minds!  :o

I thought that's how it was supposed to be? Like, they wouldn't put a physical release out unless it was bug-free and all DLC was available. I might be wrong on that.  :P

Also, what the ever loving hell is up with them trying to charge $40 for the regular edition of Chex Quest HD and $150 for the CE?!? They have lost their damn minds!  :o
It's not Chex Quest HD btw.  It's the original Chex Quest.  Chex Quest HD is coming this summer.

Also, LRG don't give a fuck about complete releases.  They just want dat money

Flashback2012

It's not Chex Quest HD btw.  It's the original Chex Quest.  Chex Quest HD is coming this summer.

Also, LRG don't give a fuck about complete releases.  They just want dat money

Oof. Damn...that's even worse. Hard pass on that one then. I could swear I've found that disc at HPB in the past.  :P

As for LRG and releases, guess I was wrong.  ;)

Scott Pilgrim will be going up for pre-order on LRG Jan. 15.  A couple of different editions coming.

Scott Pilgrim will be going up for pre-order on LRG Jan. 15.  A couple of different editions coming.

Knew they would take it as soon as it as announced *sighs*

Maybe there is hope for us Europeans (& UK :P) with Merge Games yet?

Knew they would take it as soon as it as announced *sighs*

Maybe there is hope for us Europeans (& UK :P) with Merge Games yet?
Not likely, unfortunately. 

Flashback2012

Been having my wallet's proverbial teeth kicked in on a weekly basis from LRG for the last month and a half so I decided to check what they were going to drop this week because you just KNOW they can't possibly only release one thing anymore.  :o

The Switch version of The House in Fata Morgana drops this week and sure enough I spied a 2nd item but HOLY CRAP was I not prepared for what it was.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/astro-city-mini

I've had my eye on one of these since late last year and had debated on when I could snap one up from PlayAsia. They're also offering the pads but not the replica stick though the stand looks kind of neat. All I know is this week is gonna hurt.  :P

Been having my wallet's proverbial teeth kicked in on a weekly basis from LRG for the last month and a half so I decided to check what they were going to drop this week because you just KNOW they can't possibly only release one thing anymore.  :o

The Switch version of The House in Fata Morgana drops this week and sure enough I spied a 2nd item but HOLY CRAP was I not prepared for what it was.

I've had my eye on one of these since late last year and had debated on when I could snap one up from PlayAsia. They're also offering the pads but not the replica stick though the stand looks kind of neat. All I know is this week is gonna hurt.  :P

Save yourself some money, and FOMO, by not buying this from LRG. You can get it from Amazon JP for cheaper than LRG or Play Asia, (esp when you factor in shipping), and you can do it when it suits your budget, since it’s not actually a limited production device, like LRG would have you believe. The games are the same, and the western release doesn’t offer any new English translations of the ROMs except for the box itself.

LRG’s manufactured FOMO needs to GTFO.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

Flashback2012

Save yourself some money, and FOMO, by not buying this from LRG. You can get it from Amazon JP for cheaper than LRG or Play Asia, (esp when you factor in shipping), and you can do it when it suits your budget, since it’s not actually a limited production device, like LRG would have you believe. The games are the same, and the western release doesn’t offer any new English translations of the ROMs except for the box itself.

I don't disagree with that last sentence at all.  ;)

I actually did look this up on Amazon.jp and the savings is like $10-15. That's probably a big deal to some I'm sure but there's the worry of customs, my shipment arriving via boat/snail mail, and the reputation of the seller who I'd be completely on the dark on. I haven't played around with Amazon.jp enough but I imagine it's like ours where there's independent sellers using the service. At least with LRG I know they're capable, the product will already be on this side of the pond, and they're pretty decent at packaging stuff.

But yeah, their "OMGZ DON'T MISS OUT" mantra needed to die yesterday.  :P

From what I have read, the only difference here is that the box is in English otherwise you are getting the exact Japan release. The limited in this case is the box itself -_-

I don't disagree with that last sentence at all.  ;)

I actually did look this up on Amazon.jp and the savings is like $10-15. That's probably a big deal to some I'm sure but there's the worry of customs, my shipment arriving via boat/snail mail, and the reputation of the seller who I'd be completely on the dark on. I haven't played around with Amazon.jp enough but I imagine it's like ours where there's independent sellers using the service. At least with LRG I know they're capable, the product will already be on this side of the pond, and they're pretty decent at packaging stuff.

But yeah, their "OMGZ DON'T MISS OUT" mantra needed to die yesterday.  :P
If the item is being fulfilled by Amazon JP directly (you can change language settings and all salient info incl seller, is in English) then it will arrive via DHL in a matter of days, no customs fees.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

Flashback2012

If the item is being fulfilled by Amazon JP directly (you can change language settings and all salient info incl seller, is in English) then it will arrive via DHL in a matter of days, no customs fees.

I might have to look into this. Picked up the Astro City Mini and a pad but the stand sold out while it was in my cart. That's annoying as F but whatever.  >:(

Maybe I can find one of those stands on Amazon JP.  ;)

Flashback2012

covfefe2020

I would love to see this for Astrobears and Ultimate Chicken Horse! Maybe even Warface so I can free up some precious storage on my switch.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020