Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests (Archive)  (Read 48047 times)

tripredacus

Re: Category/Platform Requests
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 02:00:27 pm »
ColecoVision EU
Atari 2600 BR
Sega SG-1000 FR
Dragon 32

Rename category "TRS-80 [NA]" to "Tandy TRS-80 [NA]" to match how the Hardware category is named.

And lastly, time to split up the PC [NA] section like the older micros are done.
- PC 5.25" Diskette [NA]
- PC 3.5" Diskette [NA]
- PC CD-ROM [NA]
- PC DVD-ROM [NA]
At least for [NA] to start and do the same for other countries later. For ease of use, you would probably just rename PC [NA] to PC CD-ROM [NA] and add the other 3 sections as empty categories to move the appropriate items into.

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 08:35:37 am »
And lastly, time to split up the PC [NA] section like the older micros are done.
- PC 5.25" Diskette [NA]
- PC 3.5" Diskette [NA]
- PC CD-ROM [NA]
- PC DVD-ROM [NA]
At least for [NA] to start and do the same for other countries later. For ease of use, you would probably just rename PC [NA] to PC CD-ROM [NA] and add the other 3 sections as empty categories to move the appropriate items into.

I really like this idea. Of course, it should then also be valid for the [EU] categories like this:

- PC 5.25" Diskette [EU]
- PC 3.5" Diskette [EU]
- PC CD-ROM [EU]
- PC DVD-ROM [EU]

tripredacus

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 04:27:39 pm »
- PC 5.25" Diskette [NA]
- PC 3.5" Diskette [NA]
- PC CD-ROM [NA]
- PC DVD-ROM [NA]

I really like this idea. Of course, it should then also be valid for the [EU] categories like this:

- PC 5.25" Diskette [EU]
- PC 3.5" Diskette [EU]
- PC CD-ROM [EU]
- PC DVD-ROM [EU]

I wondered about that. In EU they use the metric system. The common use should be used?

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 02:21:51 am »
- PC 5.25" Diskette [EU]
- PC 3.5" Diskette [EU]
- PC CD-ROM [EU]
- PC DVD-ROM [EU]

I wondered about that. In EU they use the metric system. The common use should be used?

I can assure you that even if we use the metric system, we still call it a 5.25" and 3.5" disk in Europe :)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 05:15:37 am »
- PC 5.25" Diskette [EU]
- PC 3.5" Diskette [EU]
- PC CD-ROM [EU]
- PC DVD-ROM [EU]

I can assure you that even if we use the metric system, we still call it a 5.25" and 3.5" disk in Europe :)

Yep, even tv's, tablets, etc are sold in inches now.

shfan

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 01:12:36 pm »
Yeah, it was always "five and a quarter inch disk" for 5.25 disk games here in the UK at least. Might a 3.5/5.25" dual format category be possible? several games were released with both formats in one box during the transition period, one of which I'll be adding to my own collection soon (D/Generation).

Can I put a request in for Acorn Electron please? It's a cut-down BBC Microcomputer in essence, though some games were released as solely BBC Model B, some were released solely as Electron and many were released as both.

karyann

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 05:15:57 pm »
Is the most commonly used name "floppy disk" or "diskette", or both are used as much? Currently the Commodore 64 and Atari 8-bit computers have them listed as Floppy Disk and it's best to keep consistency, but if nobody calls them floppy disks anyway then it's better if they're labeled differently.

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 02:27:02 pm »
Sega Pico [NA] is under Sega Other instead of Sega Pico.

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 03:04:50 pm »
Is the most commonly used name "floppy disk" or "diskette", or both are used as much? Currently the Commodore 64 and Atari 8-bit computers have them listed as Floppy Disk and it's best to keep consistency, but if nobody calls them floppy disks anyway then it's better if they're labeled differently.

I would vote for calling them "floppy disk"

SilverBow

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 12:21:39 am »
- PC 5.25" Diskette [NA]
- PC 3.5" Diskette [NA]
- PC CD-ROM [NA]
- PC DVD-ROM [NA]

Didn't any PC games utilize the 8-inch floppy? What category does a PC game fall under that came packaged with both 5.25 & 3.5-inch disks? There were many during the diskette-size transition period. I would like to know since I haven't entered my PC games yet.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:41:56 am by SilverBow »

tripredacus

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 10:15:11 am »
- PC 5.25" Diskette [NA]
- PC 3.5" Diskette [NA]
- PC CD-ROM [NA]
- PC DVD-ROM [NA]

Didn't any PC games utilize the 8-inch floppy? What category does a PC game fall under that came packaged with both 5.25 & 3.5-inch disks? There were many during the diskette-size transition period. I would like to know since I haven't entered my PC games yet.

I am sure there are games on 8" floppy somewhere. Thinking now, the 5.25" should be labelled Floppy Disk while the 3.5" is a diskette.
But this is why it is in discussion phase. There is also not a way to handle games that came with 3.5" and CD, or CD and DVD or Hybrid media.

A hybrid media example is one where it supports multiple platforms, usually on CD. This is where a game is released that can be used both on a Mac, Windows and/or Linux, such as Quake Gold.

In my own opinion, I would say that if a game comes with both 3.5" and 5.25" disks it would be put into the 3.5" category. As with any disk based PC game, the description field should be used to mark how many disks came in the package, what type and what they say on them. For now we will all have to decide how best to handle it. Having separate categories isn't the optimal way to do this anyways... but that is a whole other ball of wax!  :)

tripredacus

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 01:00:34 pm »
Need these
------------
Sega Mega Drive [AU]
Sega Master System [AU]
Sega Master System [KR]
Sega Mega-Tech System (Arcade section)

Add Sega to the beginning of these category names
Mega Drive [CN]
Mega Drive [EU]
Mega Drive [JP]
Mega Drive [KR]
Mega CD [EU]
Mega-CD [JP]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:20:12 pm by tripredacus »

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 10:39:59 pm »
Request:

Playstation [AU]

realpoketendonl

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2016, 11:12:52 am »
I'd like PC - Digital Download [EU] and one of my personal wishes is Mobile, or perhaps something like Google Play Store. In my opinion, mobile games count too.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

shfan

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 12:01:05 pm »
*Blink* was Acorn Electron always there in the database or has one of you wonderful people added it recently?