Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests (Archive)  (Read 48390 times)

karyann

Re: Category/Platform Requests
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 05:02:59 pm »
*Blink* was Acorn Electron always there in the database or has one of you wonderful people added it recently?

It was added sometime after your request :)

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2016, 12:08:56 pm »
Heya, was pointed this way for to get a new console added:
Leapfrog Didj (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leapfrog_Didj)

Thanks in advance!

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 01:11:48 pm »
I would like to see an update/renaming to the Atari 8-Bit Computer category along the line with i.e. the Commodore 64 category.

This is what it looks like today

Atari 8-bit Computer
  Atari 8-Bit Computer (Cartridges)
  Atari 8-Bit Computer (Cassette Tapes)
  Atari 8-Bit Computer (Floppy Disks)
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Accessory
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Hardware

This is a proposal for how it could look

Atari 8-Bit Computer                                <-- Rename to "Atari 8-Bit Computer", notice the upper case B in 8-Bit
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Accessory              <-- No change
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Cartridges [EU]     <-- Remove brackets and rename existing category to [EU]
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Cartridges [NA]     <-- Create new category
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Cassettes [EU]      <-- Remove brackets, rename existing category to "Cassettes [EU]"
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Cassettes [NA]      <-- Create new category, call it "Cassettes" instead of "Casette Tapes"
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Floppy Disks [EU]  <-- Create new category
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Floppy Disks [NA]  <-- Remove brackets, rename existing category to [NA]
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Hardware              <-- No change

*edit: after checking the collectors/releases in the different categories above it seems that the releases already in the database is mostly European, that is why it seems more reasonable to change the existing categories to [EU] and create new ones for [NA]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:03:15 pm by asmodean »

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2016, 02:01:14 pm »
I kindly request that we rename the "Xbox Live (XbOne) [NA]" Category to match "Xbox Games Store (X360) [NA]"

So I suggest changing "Xbox Live (XbOne) [NA]" to "Xbox Games Store (X1) [NA]"  Alternatively (XOne), the camel case look of XbOne drives me nuts.

Same would apply to "Xbox Live (XbOne) [EU]"

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2016, 02:29:08 pm »
I would like to see an update/renaming to the Atari 8-Bit Computer category along the line with i.e. the Commodore 64 category.

Atari 8-bit Computer

Atari 8-Bit Computer                                <-- Rename to "Atari 8-Bit Computer", notice the upper case B in 8-Bit
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Cartridges [EU]     <-- Remove brackets and rename existing category to [EU]
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Cassettes [EU]      <-- Remove brackets, rename existing category to "Cassettes [EU]"
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Cassettes [NA]      <-- Create new category, call it "Cassettes" instead of "Casette Tapes"
  Atari 8-Bit Computer Floppy Disks [NA]  <-- Remove brackets, rename existing category to [NA]

*edit: after checking the collectors/releases in the different categories above it seems that the releases already in the database is mostly European, that is why it seems more reasonable to change the existing categories to [EU] and create new ones for [NA]

The correct spelling is 8-bit though ;)

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 02:46:05 pm »

Atari 8-bit Computer

Were the carts or content different in any way between regions?  If there is no difference between NA and EU, no reason to segregate them.

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2016, 05:08:03 pm »
Were the carts or content different in any way between regions?  If there is no difference between NA and EU, no reason to segregate them.

Yes, the content was different between NA and EU. The same game often had different publishers/artwork in North America vs Europe

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2016, 07:09:06 am »

Atari 8-bit Computer

I agree with that. We should segregate the EU and NA regions, because there are significant differences between the EU/NA editions (despite the fact a number of different editions in Europe alone).

tripredacus

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2016, 10:09:47 am »
Need Sega Dreamcast Brazil.

shfan

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2016, 06:51:22 pm »
*Blink* was Acorn Electron always there in the database or has one of you wonderful people added it recently?

It was added sometime after your request :)

Ah, many thanks to whoever uploaded it and for your response Karyann. :D

Sorry to be a nuisance but could I put a few other requests in please?

In the user stats screen, under 'collection breakdown', my Electron listings (15 of them) are counted as separate to the rest of my games (currently 1050), so does a box need ticking behind the scene to qualify them as games?

Would it be possible to have a dual-format option for BBC Micro and Acorn Electron please? Many games were released with both formats on one cassette, for example: 

Despite this, many games were released separately on both formats or only on one format. Even Acornsoft themselves had different packaging for their games on the two systems, compare (BBC Micro version of Hopper) with  (Acorn Electron version of Hopper).

A lot of sites lump the two together, which I get in a way, but they both have their own unique games. Many thanks!

tripredacus

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2016, 11:20:24 am »
For dual format, a primary one needs to be picked. For example, if the game supports 2 systems, you add it to the newer system's category.

shfan

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2016, 02:13:06 pm »
The Electron is a derivative of the BBC microcomputer series, so is newer, but most sites I've seen consider the BBC the primary model so refer to them as BBC + Electron games. Not sure what to suggest TBH.

tripredacus

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2016, 12:30:33 pm »
Need GameCube [AU]
I suppose put games into [EU] category for now?
http://vgcollect.com/item/99377

shfan

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2016, 01:49:38 pm »
Sorry tripredacus, that went over my head, is what you're saying that rather than a new category being added, I should just add the dual format games to an existing category? If that's so, I'll just add future BBC/Electron games to the Electron category as that was released after the BBC.

tripredacus

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2016, 05:53:37 pm »
Yes in the case of an Electron game, it may well work on a BBC. But it was sold as an Electron game yes?

Whichever category you find best to put it in, but certainly don't add the game into more than 1 category. Note in the Description that the game also works on the other system.