Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests (Archive)  (Read 48033 times)

jeffmandm

Re: Category/Platform Requests
« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2018, 12:32:04 pm »
I also noticed that we don't have a section set for Game Boy Advance [KR] yet. Is there a specific reason as to why that is? I think the GBA did get distribution in Korea, because a couple Dragon Ball games were released in Korea.

tripredacus

« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2018, 10:13:20 am »
There are two types of people who add items onto VGC:
99.9% of those people are those who have games and want to add them to their collection.
00.1% of those people are those who want to add missing games into the database.

So suffice it to say, I guess no one has any Korean GB games. Categories are created on an as-needed basis.

ez054098

PRO Supporter

« Reply #257 on: November 22, 2018, 01:58:33 am »
Could we get a Xbox 360 Faceplate Category under Xbox 360, instead of putting the faceplates under the Xbox 360 accessories? It would better organize the accessories category. There are so many faceplates too.

jeffmandm

« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2018, 10:14:48 am »
Considering that the Nintendo Switch HAS been released in Korea, even though not that many people on the site probably are from there, should we add a Nintendo Switch [KR] and Nintendo eShop (Switch) [KR] section? I found out that Climax Scramble ZI-O was released in Korea as well, which makes no sense to me considering that they just started Build's airing over there, but that's neither here nor there.

« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2018, 03:21:29 pm »
I think maybe Palm OS should get a category. The closest thing to it is the Tapwave Zodiac which runs Palm OS, but that only includes Zodiac-specific games.

« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2019, 05:28:41 pm »
I request for Apple Macintosh Classic [EU] category. I have around 40 classic Mac games in European versions which I'd like to add to our database.

« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2019, 04:28:31 am »
There needs to be a category for Xbox/Xbox 360 Hybrid demos (probably best to title it that too).  https://vgcollect.com/item/82266

tripredacus

« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2019, 09:31:57 am »
Yes that along with every other multi-platform game. That item is in the correct category now.

shfan

« Reply #263 on: March 03, 2019, 06:46:55 pm »

The ZX Spectrum Next. This machine is a clone of the original computer, but also has its own new boosted base-spec and more graphics modes. It is not released yet - it was funded via Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1835143999/zx-spectrum-next

This page has further details:

https://www.specnext.com/about/

The machine has had a prolonged development history, but seems to be nearing completion. There are games in development for it, to be released digitally and on SD Cards:

http://www.spectrumnextgames.uk/

Despite it being very early days and pre-release, one particular developer http://www.softwareamusements.com/SpectrumNextGames/index.html has already released physical games on SD card, a couple of which I now own and would like to add to the database:

https://imgur.com/a/PMXIZ7t?

Your thoughts guys and gals?

tripredacus

« Reply #264 on: March 04, 2019, 10:58:20 am »
Wait for product to exist before requesting a category be made.

shfan

« Reply #265 on: March 04, 2019, 04:38:08 pm »
Will do, thanks.

gf78

« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2019, 06:58:50 pm »
Can we make a new hardware category for dedicated VR headsets?  There are numerous stand-alone sets with their own app stores and do not require a PC to use. Examples are Gear VR, Oculus Go, Google Daydream, Oculus Quest, etc.

They also have dedicated storefronts for their games & apps. Thanks for considering this!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

tripredacus

« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2019, 10:06:55 am »
Can we make a new hardware category for dedicated VR headsets?  There are numerous stand-alone sets with their own app stores and do not require a PC to use. Examples are Gear VR, Oculus Go, Google Daydream, Oculus Quest, etc.

They also have dedicated storefronts for their games & apps. Thanks for considering this!

Make specific category requests here. It helps if you already know what categories you want, rather than to make the admins try to figure it out on their own.

But let me ask you this, do you think there is enough stuff for each of those platforms to have their own category? Or could we simply make Dedicated VR Hardware and Dedicated VR Software categories?

gf78

« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2019, 05:02:20 pm »

Make specific category requests here. It helps if you already know what categories you want, rather than to make the admins try to figure it out on their own.

But let me ask you this, do you think there is enough stuff for each of those platforms to have their own category? Or could we simply make Dedicated VR Hardware and Dedicated VR Software categories?

I think one VR hardware category would be sufficient, along with one VR accessories category. One games category should work. I can just note at the end of the title what platform the game is for. Ie  "Drop Dead for Gear VR."
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #269 on: March 12, 2019, 07:05:35 pm »
Can we get a Switch category for general Asian releases? Or rename the Chinese category, since half of it is already Asia region games.