Author Topic: New Pokemon games announced!  (Read 2135 times)

scott

New Pokemon games announced!
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:34:52 am »
I don't know much about it other than they are Black & White 2 and I think they are hitting Japan in the summer.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

Re: New Pokemon games announced!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 09:12:51 am »
And probably the rest of the world in the Fall.
Not sure why they're making Black 2 and White 2 though... You'd expect a normal third version. The fact that they're releasing it on DS is also quite strange.

scott

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:14:13 am »
I was also wondering why they weren't releasing a third version of the original B&W, that's been a series staple since Yellow.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:47:43 am »
I'm just glad it's not being called Pokemon Gray.

According to this, there will be "additional features" for DSi and 3DS owners:
http://kotaku.com/5888311/pokemon-black-2-pokemon-white-2-coming-this-summer/gallery/1
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 08:22:28 pm »
I'll pick them up when I can find them for 20 or less but in mind opinion all the Pokemon games are pretty much the same so I don't like to pay very much for them.

scott

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 09:38:45 pm »
I always pick up both new main series pokemon games at launch. As for the Stadium, Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games I've never looked into them.

amauriel

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:56:06 pm »
I always picked the one that had the cutest pokemon. But with Black and White I finally got my husband to play too, so I got both of them at launch. I'll be curious to see if this is a direct sequel, continuing in the same region and everything.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 01:11:36 pm »
Aw yeah.  This will bring back the ol' feelings of Pokemon Snap (I hope):
http://kotaku.com/5910367/nintendo-brings-augmented-reality-pokemon-hunting-to-the-nintendo-3ds

That, or a kid version of Cursed Memoir or that EyePet stuff.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 06:55:39 pm »
Am I the only one who absolutely cannot wait for this game? 300+ pokemon in the regional dex alone. I mean, don't you just get a feeling that you have to catch all 649? This feat will be easier than in the original B/W, because they include other gen pokemon in Unova, and with AR Searcher/Dream Radar, i heard you can get pokemon there that you can't get in B/W2, and which you can transfer to B/W2!
I seriously can't be the only one?!

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 08:11:59 pm »
I found Black to be a fantastic game when I played it.  How it looks, the way they restricted Pokemon to only the Unova ones, the fact is actually had a bit of a story... Oh, it was so much fun.

That said, I probably won't pick up Black or White 2.  There really doesn't seem much that interests me... well, supposedly a continuation of the story, but that's not enough for me to plunk down $40.  And while it's not a major deal, I'm a little sad it's not a 3DS game, even if it does have special features.

Like jcalder, I'll wait until it goes down in price... but then again, who are we kidding?  Pokemon games never drop in price... I still see the Gen III games going for the same price they'd go for years ago!
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

soera

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 09:41:38 pm »
Maybe Im from a different game time ... but why the hell does anyone like Pokemon? I simply can not understand card battle games. Am I missing something? I know Everquest eventually added a card battle option game but I never ever had the ability to give a shit.

jobocan

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 10:00:00 pm »
Pokemon isn't a card battle game... :P

It's just a fun RPG with fully customizable parties with hundreds of potential party members, basically. Making it into a "catch 'em all" scheme adds replayability and an addictive value. It's just a bunch of well-made games.

scott

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 10:12:17 pm »
I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue on the GB. There is just something about the need to collected EVERY ONE OF THEM that makes me want to get the next one, and the next one and both versions on release. It's the reason why I refuse to even try Skylanders, cause I know I'd be on the hunt for every one of them, even if I'd never play as every one of them.

The Pokemon games are a set of good RPGs that are simple on the surface, allowing casuals to dig into it. But in depth underneath, allowing the hardcores something to dig into too. Sure they don't have epic storylines or villians in the same league as Kefka, but they are still really fun. For someone who is all about jrpgs I'm surprised you've never tried playing Pokemon, Soera.

soera

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
I just havent figured them out yet I guess. I could look into it. Is there a good one to start with?

jobocan

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 10:59:14 pm »
Any of them really. They're all "basically" the same. There are changes between the games, but nothing that really changes the basic gameplay. Might as well go with Black/White, you're not missing anything if you skip to that.